Mario Götze - AM - Bayern Munich (10 Viewers)

Will Beppe get him?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I just dont like these buybacks for the mentioned player. Its fake though so
Buybacks aren't so horrible, IMO. They're basically a misguided crutch for rich clubs that are unsure of their decisions.

First, the buyback has to show a significant margin to Juve to make it worth their while taking the risk -- i.e., there has to be significant financial upside to Juve if they pulled such a move. Second, the player has to want to return.

Do you honestly think that if Gotze leaves Bayern he'd ever want to return there again? Particularly if he plays well ... why go back to the club that benched you and shat on you when you proved yourself useful and successful at another club? That's career suicide.

So while these buybacks seem a bit thorny, in practice I think they're really desperation moves from rich clubs that aren't confident in their decisions.

Jul 20, 2012
Buybacks aren't so horrible, IMO. They're basically a misguided crutch for rich clubs that are unsure of their decisions.

First, the buyback has to show a significant margin to Juve to make it worth their while taking the risk -- i.e., there has to be significant financial upside to Juve if they pulled such a move. Second, the player has to want to return.

Do you honestly think that if Gotze leaves Bayern he'd ever want to return there again? Particularly if he plays well ... why go back to the club that benched you and shat on you when you proved yourself useful and successful at another club? That's career suicide.

So while these buybacks seem a bit thorny, in practice I think they're really desperation moves from rich clubs that aren't confident in their decisions.
Some very good points :tup: I hope that Morata stays (random but u get it :D)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I'm half wondering if these silly buybacks are just a CYA for club administrators. This way when a player they trade away does exceptionally well where they failed to develop them on their own squads, they have the excuse of saying, "Well, we thought about that possibility ... hence the buyback clause. But the player doesn't want to go."

So instead a bunch of infuriated fans get to blame the player for the decision --and not blame the administrators that made the trade in the first place.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Some will tell you if we bought him at 35 (15+coman) and sold at 55, we "only made 20 mil profit".

Same people keep hammering on "18mil zaza". You know, zaza who we sold at 8 mil and bought at 18.

- - - Updated - - -

Some will tell you if we bought him at 35 (15+coman) and sold at 55, we "only made 20 mil profit".

Same people keep hammering on "18mil zaza". You know, zaza who we sold at 8 mil and bought at 18.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
As much as I love Asamoah he's no where near Vidal's level.
Run through that list of attributes you gave for Vidal. I read that post earlier today, but I remember defensive presence/tackling ability, boundless running/energy, total team guy/positive morale, flashes of athleticism that result in offence -- I'm thinking back heel pass to Carlitos/bicycle kick goal type highlights from Asa. If he's healthy, Kwadwo fits the bill.

No, he's not the best B2B midfielder in the world, but he can do a lot of the same things Arturo does, and if he's healthy, he will contribute at a very high standard.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Run through that list of attributes you gave for Vidal. I read that post earlier today, but I remember defensive presence/tackling ability, boundless running/energy, total team guy/positive morale, flashes of athleticism that result in offence -- I'm thinking back heel pass to Carlitos/bicycle kick goal type highlights from Asa. If he's healthy, Kwadwo fits the bill.

No, he's not the best B2B midfielder in the world, but he can do a lot of the same things Arturo does, and if he's healthy, he will contribute at a very high standard.
:xfinger:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Most buybacks are actually brilliant. Look at Morata. If he plays well, Real buy him back. They have to pay Juve a substantial amount of money, but at that moment Morata is worth it. Juventus normally wouldn't sell, but now they have to. In return though they still get a very decent transfer sum and they have been able to use him for two seasons.

I can't see what's not to like about these deals.

- - - Updated - - -

What if Bayern get de bruyne? do you think that could push gotze out of the team?
De Bruyne would start over practically anyone, given that he's the Bundesliga's newest sensation.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Most buybacks are actually brilliant. Look at Morata. If he plays well, Real buy him back. They have to pay Juve a substantial amount of money, but at that moment Morata is worth it. Juventus normally wouldn't sell, but now they have to. In return though they still get a very decent transfer sum and they have been able to use him for two seasons.

I can't see what's not to like about these deals.

- - - Updated - - -

De Bruyne would start over practically anyone, given that he's the Bundesliga's newest sensation.
Morata is an odd case in that he's young and been a lifelong Real fanboy. There's a real chance that if he excels at Juve, he'll believe he'd be welcomed back to Real with a featured starting role. But in reality, right now he's just another Jesé to them.

It's a little different in Gotze's case: he's not 21. He's not a Bayern blue blood. If he really excels at Juve, then a return to Bayern is a massive risk of returning to nothingness.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Morata is an odd case in that he's young and been a lifelong Real fanboy. There's a real chance that if he excels at Juve, he'll believe he'd be welcomed back to Real with a featured starting role. But in reality, right now he's just another Jesé to them.

It's a little different in Gotze's case: he's not 21. He's not a Bayern blue blood. If he really excels at Juve, then a return to Bayern is a massive risk of returning to nothingness.

Everyone knows Götze is not going to be Bayern's number one. If it was meant to be, it would already have happened. But he is a very popular asset to them. If he excels at Juventus, buying him back would indeed be a risk for them. So then perhaps they wouldn't buy him back.. In that case they'd still have gotten a decent amount of money for him anyway.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Everyone knows Götze is not going to be Bayern's number one. If it was meant to be, it would already have happened. But he is a very popular asset to them. If he excels at Juventus, buying him back would indeed be a risk for them. So then perhaps they wouldn't buy him back.. In that case they'd still have gotten a decent amount of money for him anyway.
My point was also the risk to Gotze and his career.

It's enough of a challenge to get a loaned-out Courtois back to Chelsea after killing it at Atletico. Imagine if that requires a buyback. I'm not so sure that's logistically easy with a player after he has a banner season with a club.

Nostradamus

Dec 12, 2012
What if Bayern get de bruyne? do you think that could push gotze out of the team?
If Bayern want De Bruyne, then not this year. The money already offered is ridiculously high and I m not sure how much Bayern could lower it considering the good relations between them. Bayern would maybe be willing to offer 50m€ + some bonuses or a player involved, but 70m or 80m€? I cannot see it..not this year. Wolfsburg would just lower the price, if they could keep him for this season. TBO without him Wolfsburg r pretty average and I think they wont qualify for CL again.

The best scenario would be De Bruyne staying for another year and then going to Bayern for a sum I mentioned above. Then he could be the successor of Götze of course, depends all on Götze..as I said its THE year to prove himself.

That does not mean, that if De Bruyne comes, Götze ll definitely go. He ll stay at bayern this season for sure and maybe they ll play together next year.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If Bayern want De Bruyne, then not this year. The money already offered is ridiculously high and I m not sure how much Bayern could lower it considering the good relations between them. Bayern would maybe be willing to offer 50m€ + some bonuses or a player involved, but 70m or 80m€? I cannot see it..not this year. Wolfsburg would just lower the price, if they could keep him for this season. TBO without him Wolfsburg r pretty average and I think they wont qualify for CL again.

The best scenario would be De Bruyne staying for another year and then going to Bayern for a sum I mentioned above. Then he could be the successor of Götze of course, depends all on Götze..as I said its THE year to prove himself.

That does not mean, that if De Bruyne comes, Götze ll definitely go. He ll stay at bayern this season for sure and maybe they ll play together next year.
Are apostrophes banned in Germany? :D

All jokes aside, I can't remember the last time Bayern paid that much for a player (70-80 million). It doesn't seem to be the way they do business

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I don't know why we don't take the Germans here more seriously when it comes to talking about players in the Bundesliga. They haven't been wrong yet to my knowledge?

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
:lol:

So Wolfsburg can sell him to City for 80m€, but there is possibility they could sell him to Bayern for 50m, because Bayern rarely pay more than that, and have good relations with Wolfsburg. And then we are the crazy ones for believing we could sign Draxler for 30m :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)