Marco Verratti - CM - Pescara (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
if he signs im pretty sure he will be with us through pre season then conte will decide what he wants to do. I mean what do you do? if hes good enough to be in the regular 21-23 man team do you keep him and rotate with Pirlo or because of his age you loan him out to get regular first team experience in Serie A. Kind of like Pasquato because IMO i think he did well in Pre Season and could of easily stayed with us instead of loaning esti or buying Elia.

---------- Post added 15.05.2012 at 14:59 ----------

If... IF... we accept to pay 10 million for him we better not send him on loan or worse send him on a co-own deal
This

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
No way are we getting half for €3.5m now, we haven't agreed a fee with Pescara according to their directors and his agent, the goalposts have moved recently.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
It seems to have done, the player is juventino in the blood and is doing everything to come to us.
The cost would be around to 7/8 million I think.
The likelihood - a strong one - is that we are very advanced with this matter. Clearly the fee for this guy if we were wanting 100% ownership would be approximately £15m or €18m, The half-ownership around €9m.

Clearly, these figures are very realistic given the fact that Verratti is going to be international class within 24 months. I can say that with confidence.

All that Marotta has to do is speak to Pescara after the penultimate match this weekend and clinch the deal. Prospects, especially homegrown prospects, like these rarely come along. He cannot procrastinate on this.

To those who would argue that we are stockpiling AMF's are not thinking about the process of natural progression/succession as Andrea Pirlo will have finished his stint with us by the end of the 2013/2014 season. By this time, our new midfield, including at least one new but established player will be in a position to live up to our expectations with a fluent tactical strategy in place as Antonio Conte takes this new generation Juventus from strength to strength. Vidal, Verratti, possibly Giovinco as well as Pirlo and Marchisio will possibly form the backbone of our MF.

Don't forget there will be some relatively active pruning of the squad in the coming weeks with probably 4 of the current squad due to be leaving us within 4/8 weeks

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
apart from the financial part, he's pretty spot on

Financially, this is italy, it doesnt work like that

If the player is under 17, and shows much prospect to be the star of his generation, he would be picked off by some epl side. Like with rossi, only he didnt fulfill his assumed potential

if the player is 17 year or older, and on a senior contract, they will never go for a high price

why ? because foreign clubs dont compete for italians of that age, and the big italian teams dont spend high on youngsters

if he was brazillian or argentine, it could be very likely that his pricetag was around 18 mil.

His team are going to want to cash in on him, they know he wont renew. its gonna be eighter a co ownership or a sale for around 8 mil

He will come to us but how and when isnt clear yet

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
like you ever could participate in a serious discussion...
you have tought it out well, but miss one important aspect

Marotta was not given a transferbudged with carte blanche on who he should sign, this mercato, his third, he finally will

- first mercato, his job was to cut down wages dramatically, and rejuvinate the team
-> he sold the old guard, and had problems with selling the underperformers
Logically, they had a big wage no team wanted to pay, thank you secco
->we were royally screwed by the 1 non eu rule
-> Del Neri was appointed by the board. marotta gave him krasic, in december, we were second.
-> we had dramatical injuries to important players, but board didnt gave marotta a budged to reinforce, he however, got matri and barzagli, who have been excellent
-> del neri couldnt get the squat going, he proved he isnt a very good coach, marotta's buys however, did got us second halfway

-second mercato, his job was to fill the holes in the team, and make a good selection for a coach with a completely diffrent view
-> he got us lichtsteiner, caceres, pirlo, vidal, vucinic. they have all been instrumental to our scudetto push
-> conte proved he is a good coach, and had a qualitywise lesser team, win the scudetto

-third mercaro , his job is basically : get us quality
-> he pretty much has a carte blanche to buy whatever attacking option he can to improve our team

lets see how it goes
Well, there are excuses each and every year, some of them are indded valid, but remember that the very same excuses were used on Secco too.
However that doesnt change the fact that Maroota "is a lousy seller, a lousy loaner, he cannot buy WC material, he has a tendency to overpay and selling off".

This year he will have no excuses, at all, no place to hide, i hope the ppl who hesitate now will finally realise how incompetent he really is, if he continues on the same transfer strategy. I m confident of my early judgement, hopefully he will surprise me and start bringing WC players, selling our players at high prices, pay reasonable prices and inflated as we have been doing till now, stop Gifting away Giovincos halves for peanuts, finally stop favoring quantity over quality and we will never see more of Pazienzas and Padoins. Stop hiring useless players like Borriellos who have 5mil salaries (10 with taxes)
I surely hope all the best but... the first signs show that not much has changed...

for us, not for them

lets hope for 7.5 mil cause it would be decent for everyone
indeed, but despie being a big club and conclude deals to our terms, we even fail to conclude deals to fair level too.
In fact every last Pescara and even player manager '(like Tiago, Amauri's etc) does finds a way to have his way with us...
1)You do realise you come across as a complete cretin with sentences like this?

2)Conte chose to use Borriello over Matri and Quagliarella on a few occasions, so he was deliberately harming our season as well. Makes sense.

3)And who said that? Look at my avatar to realise how happy I might be with Marotta. Don't invent arguments to suit your point.

4)The funny thing is that I was expecting someone to jokingly respond to me by saying it was all Conte, but you are deadly serious. But the most important thing is that you remain stubborn and never back down from your initial view, no matter how wrong you might be.

5)Good idea to change your avatar from that ItalJuve = fail one :tup:
1)How come? its standard Juventuz issue...
2)No one is perfect, this was arguably his greatest flaw, it almost cost us the championship, but luckily the rest of his qualities managed to overweight it.
3)I was not addressing to you alone...
4)But Conte actually did earned that, i m actually always open to debades and i can always reconsider my stances, if the arguments or facts convince me. For Conte, this year, twice reconvinced me as i was sceptical to a wild bet of an unproven coach who never had serie A exp before, should not be dropped in such deep waters right away. But Conte copped and right away!
Thats epic, you dont get to see that every day. He is the jackpot for us, the coach of the decade, we really need to start showing some respect, after all we have been through in this coach quest.
And two, the importance of the coach to outweight the incompetence of the board, medical and transfer staff.
Conte literally imposed his will, he just made things happens his way, even crippled DC lasted long enough!

For two decades i ve been watching us and other great clubs to suffer, from these issues, despite having great coaches.
So i ve always seeked perfection and eliminating weak links, in order to become highly competitive, cause every weakness can be exploited by our opponents. But not on Conte's watch! The guy is really making up to, for other ppls incompetence. And for that we ought to give him extra praise. Its a disgrace that most of ther other club fans do that, and some of our Juventini dont...

5) You dont get to see DP been thrown away every day, esp by holding the championship in his hand and taste the unofficial 3rd star... Marottas come and go, even AAs, but a legend like DP will forever mark our history!
I will honor him for a year, as i did with Neddy...
No, all we need is you and rab talking about really important stuff. Now that's interesting and entertaining, please continue.
The transfer director's incompetence really is an important factor, that actively affects pretty much every transfer deal we are making or are trying to do.
It is not by chance, why Verratti's price tag spiked from 5 mil to 18mil, Giovinco's half from 5-7mil to 10-15mil etc...

Anyways, justified or not, needed or not, we always find a way to spend about 15mil onto a new CM each and every year, at least make it count this time and stop selling of the previous CMs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)