Marco Verratti - CM - Pescara (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We won bro, deal with it.
Waits for someone to say that it was all Conte.
it was all Conte, everybody sees that and we should see it, but you guys are too happy atm, to see objectively.
Ppl have serious issues of knowing how to rate the coaches work and the transfer directors work.
For ex Krasic was a player we needed when we bought him, there was competition for him, but we bought him for a good price.
That was a fine transfer and it is not Marotta's fault that he flopped, for various reasons later on.
His job was done before the season started.

This x-mas we had certain needs, but Marotta brought us Padoin and Borriello, those players were not only useless, but they were proved to be dangerous for our cause. They set a handicap to our roster. That was a lousy transfer director work, however Conte managed to overcome the handicap and win against the odds.

Its simplistic, idiotic IMO, to consider that all is well after a win, or all is bad after a defeat.
With the same logic our opponents may say that we had more ref support, since we earned the league, but still that doesnt change all the soft penalties Milan got.

If Marotta manages to sell Melo for 30 mil and buy Messi for 20mil, but we lose the championship, it doiesnt mean he would be a bad transfer director.
This is not how you rate the transfer director.

IMO we have seen enough of Marotta's work, he is a lousy seller, a lousy loaner, he cannot buy WC material, he has a tendency to overpay and selling off.
And since he cannot compete with the best and bring us quality, he is locked into a plentiful of mediocre acquisitions.
The other transfer directos know that and they are trying to exploit it, its natural.
This how the market works!

I know that for most of the fans, gifting away players like Amauri, Diego and Melo, 3 capital pieces, worthy of 25mil each, mean nothing, since its not money they put from their pockets.
But for the shareholders it does means smth and for our available budget for the next transfer window, it will mean smth.
Feel free to ignore it, but it will have a huge impact, no matter if you do ignore it or not.
Morotta is not at fault for the 50mil indeed, he overpays too, but not that much as Secco. But wouldnt he pay 40mil for the 2 of them? (Melo+Amauri)
And since he took responsibility to manage our transfer, shouldnt he try and do the best he can?
His choices on several acquisitions and almost all the sales and Giovinco type of loans caused great financial loses.
Money we could use to buy better players. Better players wouldnt hurt us, they wouldnt even hurt Barca or Real, no matter if they are winning or not...

I hope that clarifies things!

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
His price hasn't risen drastically. It's just BS talk by his agent, club, Zeman. He's probably going to cost 7-8 Million Euros.

Pepe hasn't been in form lately, and Italy don't really on wingers, so bringing Pepe is a waste. In case you hadn't noticed, Pepe and Verrati don't play the same position ;)

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
it was all Conte, everybody sees that and we should see it, but you guys are too happy atm, to see objectively.
Ppl have serious issues of knowing how to rate the coaches work and the transfer directors work.
For ex Krasic was a player we needed when we bought him, there was competition for him, but we bought him for a good price.
That was a fine transfer and it is not Marotta's fault that he flopped, for various reasons later on.

This x-mas we had certain needs, but Marotta brought us Padoin and Borriello, those players were not only useless, but they were proved to be dangerous for our cause. They set a handicap to our roster. That was a lousy transfer director work, however Conte managed to overcome the handicap and win against the odds.

Its simplistic, idiotic IMO, to consider that all is well after a win, or all is bad after a defeat.
With the same logic our opponents may say that we had more ref support, since we earned the league, but still that doesnt change all the soft penalties Milan got.

If Marotta manages to sell Melo for 30 mil and buy Messi for 20mil, but we lose the championship, it doiesnt mean he would be a bad transfer director.

IMO we have seen enough of Marotta's work, he is a lousy seller, a lousy loaner, he cannot buy WC material, he has a tendency to overpay and selling off.
And since he cannot compete with the best and bring us quality, he is locked into a plentiful of mediocre acquisitions.
The other transfer directos know that and they are trying to exploit it, its natural.

I know that for most of the fans, gifting away players like Amauri, Diego and Melo, 3 capital pieces, worthy of 25mil each, mean nothing, since its not money they put from their pockets.
But for the shareholders it does means smth and for our available budget for the next transfer window, it will mean smth.
Feel free to ignore it, but it will have a huge impact, no matter if you do ignore it or not.
Morotta is not at fault for the 50mil indeed, he overpays too, but not that much as Secco. But wouldnt he pay 40mil for the 2 of them? (Melo+Amauri)
And since he took responsibility to manage our transfer, shouldnt he try and do the best he can?
His choices on several acquisitions and almost all the sales and Giovinco type of loans caused great financial loses.
Money we could use to buy better players. Better players wouldnt hurt us, they wouldnt even hurt Barca or Real, no matter if they are winning or not...

p0rcupine_tree

love the art in yourself
Feb 27, 2005
His price hasn't risen drastically. It's just BS talk by his agent, club, Zeman. He's probably going to cost 7-8 Million Euros.

Pepe hasn't been in form lately, and Italy don't really on wingers, so bringing Pepe is a waste. In case you hadn't noticed, Pepe and Verrati don't play the same position ;)
yes but why giac? Y all thia sudden interedt on veratti as juve started to ask for him...i jusr felt that its a trick to get more money from juve for veratti.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
yes but why giac? Y all thia sudden interedt on veratti as juve started to ask for him...i jusr felt that its a trick to get more money from juve for veratti.
Giac is versatile; he can play in various positions, therefore Prandelli called him up. However, I don't think he'll be in the final selection. Of course Pescara want a good deal for themselves, just as Juve want to get a good deal as well. In the end I think we'll close the deal at 7-8 Million Euros :)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

you have tought it out well, but miss one important aspect

Marotta was not given a transferbudged with carte blanche on who he should sign, this mercato, his third, he finally will

- first mercato, his job was to cut down wages dramatically, and rejuvinate the team
-> he sold the old guard, and had problems with selling the underperformers
Logically, they had a big wage no team wanted to pay, thank you secco
->we were royally screwed by the 1 non eu rule
-> Del Neri was appointed by the board. marotta gave him krasic, in december, we were second.
-> we had dramatical injuries to important players, but board didnt gave marotta a budged to reinforce, he however, got matri and barzagli, who have been excellent
-> del neri couldnt get the squat going, he proved he isnt a very good coach, marotta's buys however, did got us second halfway

-second mercato, his job was to fill the holes in the team, and make a good selection for a coach with a completely diffrent view
-> he got us lichtsteiner, caceres, pirlo, vidal, vucinic. they have all been instrumental to our scudetto push
-> conte proved he is a good coach, and had a qualitywise lesser team, win the scudetto

-third mercaro , his job is basically : get us quality
-> he pretty much has a carte blanche to buy whatever attacking option he can to improve our team

lets see how it goes

p0rcupine_tree

love the art in yourself
Feb 27, 2005
Giac is versatile; he can play in various positions, therefore Prandelli called him up. However, I don't think he'll be in the final selection. Of course Pescara want a good deal for themselves, just as Juve want to get a good deal as well. In the end I think we'll close the deal at 7-8 Million Euros :)
Lets hope for the best 6m would be a great deal i think

May 22, 2007
You do realise you come across as a complete cretin with sentences like this?

Conte chose to use Borriello over Matri and Quagliarella on a few occasions, so he was deliberately harming our season as well. Makes sense.

And who said that? Look at my avatar to realise how happy I might be with Marotta. Don't invent arguments to suit your point.

The funny thing is that I was expecting someone to jokingly respond to me by saying it was all Conte, but you are deadly serious. But the most important thing is that you remain stubborn and never back down from your initial view, no matter how wrong you might be.

Good idea to change your avatar from that ItalJuve = fail one :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)