Marco Storari (7 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Since Buffon is not as reliable, as before, it was a wise choice to seal Storari, as long as we have storari and Manningher, the option to sell Buffon is open.
But whats more important is that we have a viable solution for the times Buffon is/will be injured, unavailable or our just out of form.

If we had such players for 60% of our positions, we would be extremely competitive...

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Since Buffon is not as reliable, as before, it was a wise choice to seal Storari, as long as we have storari and Manningher, the option to sell Buffon is open.
But whats more important is that we have a viable solution for the times Buffon is/will be injured, unavailable or our just out of form.

If we had such players for 60% of our positions, we would be extremely competitive...
with european qualification in the balance, it makes obvious sense to continue with the players who won us our last game. That means...Storari should start against genoa. Such a move would benefit the squad as a whole, as it tells the fringe players that if they prove their form is better than the starting player they normally cover, they can win a starting position themselves...thats the way proper teams are run. buffon wouldn't cry. he is a professional. of world class talent, but for us, he simply has not shown it since his return...it may well be what buffon needs to make him concentrate more and return to his best, win the starting position back, and keep it.

its immensely important for the squad to be competitive amongst itself. Players who want to play, who know that they will only ever play if the player starting in their position is injured or suspended, and however well they do, as soon as the player they cover is once again available, they lose the job...leads to lower morale, less effort, and a less competitive squad.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008

And what I find puzzling is that loyalty for some would get in the way of exercising that solution in the instance where he is out of form (possibly injured).

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I don' think anyone would mind keeping Storari on as 2nd keeper. He just needs to stop whining to the media all the time.
you miss the point, why should he accept playing 2nd fiddle when he has been far more consistant and in far better condition than buffon, you begin to ask yourself what more do i have to do to prove myself? i think storari is well within his rights to question the manager's choices

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
you miss the point, why should he accept playing 2nd fiddle when he has been far more consistant and in far better condition than buffon, you begin to ask yourself what more do i have to do to prove myself? i think storari is well within his rights to question the manager's choices
It's still unprofessional for him to speak out.

Come the end of the season, it would be perfectly reasonable for him to say he wants to play every week and he'll move if he has to to get it.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
It's still unprofessional for him to speak out.

Come the end of the season, it would be perfectly reasonable for him to say he wants to play every week and he'll move if he has to to get it.
just as it is disrespectful that storari is not rewarded playing time for his fine form, was it not Del Neri who said he will start those who are on form? who is acting unprofessional now?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
A footballer is not there to talk or to think.

They are to give their best when they are called upon.

Storari must have known what the situation would be when he signed, so I see no reason for him to be moaning.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
A footballer is not there to talk or to think.

They are to give their best when they are called upon.

Storari must have known what the situation would be when he signed, so I see no reason for him to be moaning.
:shifty: sounds like your describing slavery

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Not really.
Unless of course we forget about the home game against Palermo, home to Bologna, away to Lecce, ...

Both our goalies have made a fair amount of mistakes, which in Buffon's case is obviously uncharacteristic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)