Marco Borriello (8 Viewers)

Do you want Borriello to stay, and do you think he will?

• I want him to stay, and I think he will :)

• I hope he leaves, but I think he'll stay :mad:

• I want him to stay, but I think he'll leave :sad:

• I think we'll ship his ass off. Good riddance! :D

• I want him to stay, but at a much lower price

Results are only viewable after voting.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
No, they're both $#@!.
no the problem is that you seem to asses strikers only by the tallys not by all the other things they do, so therefore your assessment is in err

---------- Post added 25.04.2012 at 22:44 ----------

Missing out big time :D

[video=youtube;QTj47r$#@!-4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTj47r$#@!-4[/video]

DY-NOOOO-MIIIIIIIITE :D
seems funny :) just have to many damn shows as it is on DVR some I just delete and give up on. Work 60+ hours a week and on my days off I like to do things with my lady

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
If people are saying buy Borriello for one goal then :sergio:
thats not what im saying, Im saying it looks like its in the cards that they will sign him

---------- Post added 25.04.2012 at 22:59 ----------

No, you just don't know how to think critically.
I analyze all aspects of a players game,not just their flair, name rec and scores

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
thats not what im saying, Im saying it looks like its in the cards that they will sign him

---------- Post added 25.04.2012 at 22:59 ----------

I analyze all aspects of a players game,not just their flair, name rec and scores
But Borriello's hold up play is just as bad as his finishing. He gives away numerous fouls and misses simple passes.

frick

Apr 4, 2010
If we sign Borri, I hope for two things:
(1) That Conte has a say in it (which mean he's here for a tactical reason),
(2) and it won't ruin the chance for us to sign some good names in the offense department.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
A striker by definition, particularity a prima punta, is required to score goals. If his goal scoring ratio is abysmal, then by definition he is shit, as he is failing to do his job efficiently and effectively. Borriello falls to ground easily, so even if he can hold up the ball well, he also manages to lose it quite often by being a constant diver.

@Kasaki I'm sure Matt wasn't suggesting that we should have a Higuain caliber player as 3'rd choice (not even Barca and Madrid can afford that), but a strike force of Cavani, Quags, Matri, Destro, Vucinic, and ADP is significantly superior to a striking department containing the likes of Cavani Quags Vucinic Borriello and 1 or 2 random names.

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
I think it's only fair to assess other aspects of a target man striker than his goal scoring rate. But if one does that one would find that Boriello is equally shit in that regard. Even if Ibra didn't score the amount og goals he does he's still a perfect guy to play off, as he can control all sorts of balls headed his way and lay them off/bring support strikers and midfielders into deep play. Boriello lets every fucking ball get away from him.

And when all those aspects are added up they still won't cover up the fact that even a target man needs to score SOME goals. Regardless of how well he does or does not bring others into play.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
A striker by definition, particularity a prima punta, is required to score goals. If his goal scoring ratio is abysmal, then by definition he is shit, as he is failing to do his job efficiently and effectively. Borriello falls to ground easily, so even if he can hold up the ball well, he also manages to lose it quite often by being a constant diver.

@Kasaki I'm sure Matt wasn't suggesting that we should have a Higuain caliber player as 3'rd choice (not even Barca and Madrid can afford that), but a strike force of Cavani, Quags, Matri, Destro, Vucinic, and ADP is significantly superior to a striking department containing the likes of Cavani Quags Vucinic Borriello and 1 or 2 random names.

I'd rather Matri leaves, then we bring back Immobile. And Marco needs a while to get warmed up, remember he hadn't played in nearly a year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)