Marco Borriello (8 Viewers)

Do you want Borriello to stay, and do you think he will?

• I want him to stay, and I think he will :)

• I hope he leaves, but I think he'll stay :mad:

• I want him to stay, but I think he'll leave :sad:

• I think we'll ship his ass off. Good riddance! :D

• I want him to stay, but at a much lower price

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
I was really for this transfer...

Figured he would be a sub at most. Not fucking starting, Conte is really starting to irk me with his decisions

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Juvestore should sell dildos with his face on them, that's the only way he can be of any use to us.

Are you saying acquiring Tevez instead of Borriello wouldn't see us in a better position than we are now? Winter acquisitions, if they are made at all, must add impetus to the team and more often than not are the best time to add some depth to a squad. Unfortunately, when at is mistaken to be below par signings, it can begin to affect the team. If we had signed no striker for example, we would only have Quag, Matri and Del Piero to choose from, which is miles ahead of having Marco on the pitch or anywhere near it. Shot ourselves in the foot coz we never needed this signing, let alone this player. Especially in a non Champions League season. It's shocking really.

please tell me the last time (if ever) a player of that quality/price made a move in January mercato?

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Juvestore should sell dildos with his face on them, that's the only way he can be of any use to us.

please tell me the last time (if ever) a player of that quality/price made a move in January mercato?
last season

cassano to milan.

torres to chelsea (flop or not at that time he was class)

suarez to liverpool

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Cassano was a unique situation...and how many titles have Chelsea and Liverpool won?
But isn't that a good way to deal with unique situations? We both know Moggi would've signed Cassano in a heartbeat but no, Marrotta prefers Borrigol and he's even valued higher than Milan paid for Cassano. Liverpool and Chelsea may not have won the league title after that, because you must also consider they weren't in the title race when the deals were made. Chelsea maybe were if you consider them being 3rd at the time but not Liverpool. Not Shitty with Dzeko. Not Tottenham with Adebayor. Despite that, these deals only helped their respective clubs. Juventus is arguably in the thick of the title race and a signing like Borriello is going to tell eventually. Tevez wouldve left for the right price just like the aforementioned guys did. I'm not saying we should've gone all in or not. All I'm saying is, he couldn't have been any worse than we all know Boriello would be, and that's going to tell eventually. We should not buy if we are not improving the team.

OP
Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #1,839
    I think Chelsea had a chance on the title when they bought Torres.

I also remember Mancini saying that Dzeko will help them in the title race.

Moggi actually had the chance to sign Cassano, but didn't do it.

Oh, and Borriello is bad but Adebayor isn't any better.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    I think Chelsea had a chance on the title when they bought Torres.

I also remember Mancini saying that Dzeko will help them in the title race.

Moggi actually had the chance to sign Cassano, but didn't do it.

Oh, and Borriello is bad but Adebayor isn't any better.
    Chelsea were nowhere close to the situation we are in right now.

Mancini saying Dzeko will help them in the title race didn't mean they were necessarily in it. It did however improve them as a squad, which is what I'm trying to say.

Moggi signing Cassano for 25-30 million and signing him for 3 million are two very different things. Also do not forget to consider which Cassano he chose not to sign, the tantrum thrower at Roma, not the infinitely better version from Sampdoria.

Adebayor is miles ahead of Borriello. Miles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)