Marco Borriello (4 Viewers)

Do you want Borriello to stay, and do you think he will?

• I want him to stay, and I think he will :)

• I hope he leaves, but I think he'll stay :mad:

• I want him to stay, but I think he'll leave :sad:

• I think we'll ship his ass off. Good riddance! :D

• I want him to stay, but at a much lower price

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #1,841
    Chelsea were nowhere close to the situation we are in right now.

Mancini saying Dzeko will help them in the title race didn't mean they were necessarily in it. It did however improve them as a squad, which is what I'm trying to say.

Moggi signing Cassano for 25-30 million and signing him for 3 million are two very different things. Also do not forget to consider which Cassano he chose not to sign, the tantrum thrower at Roma, not the infinitely better version from Sampdoria.

Adebayor is miles ahead of Borriello. Miles.
    The problem is that City, Chelsea and Liverpool had the money to buy players like these and pay them wages which would have convinced them to join.

There is no way that we could afford paying €25 mill for Tevez and breaking the bank for his wages when we aren't even in the champions league.

Yes, Cassano was a better version in Samp, but he was still a troublemaker, hence Samp kicking him out.

I still wouldn't sign any of Borriello or Adebayor though, I have no idea why you even brought him up. Real Madrid got him in January and sent his ass back in the summer.

Buy on AliExpress.com

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    The problem is that City, Chelsea and Liverpool had the money to buy players like these and pay them wages which would have convinced them to join.

There is no way that we could afford paying €25 mill for Tevez and breaking the bank for his wages when we aren't even in the champions league.

Yes, Cassano was a better version in Samp, but he was still a troublemaker, hence Samp kicking him out.

I still wouldn't sign any of Borriello or Adebayor though, I have no idea why you even brought him up. Real Madrid got him in January and sent his ass back in the summer.
    Please stop drawing up financial arguments. We are one of the highest spenders in Europe. Just because we spent money on guys like Martinez and Bonnucci, doesn't mean we are not spending big and don't have the money. It's a question of allocating those resources better which we are shit at.

About the names, we were discussing what good players make transfer moves in January, and that's how these names cropped up.

No, about Tevez I didn't say we should or should not have made the deal, my point was he would've left for the right price in January. Refer previous page.

The one incident at Samp, didn't undo the two years of stability he had there. It was the most stable phase of his career. Even at Milan, before his health issues we didn't hear anything about his behaviour. You can debate it as much as you want, had we signed a guy like him in January instead of Oriello, we would've had the scudetto signed, sealed and delivered. We need to start accepting that our DS has warped ideologies in terms of quality and adding value to the squad.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
    Please stop drawing up financial arguments. We are one of the highest spenders in Europe. Just because we spent money on guys like Martinez and Bonnucci, doesn't mean we are not spending big and don't have the money. It's a question of allocating those resources better which we are shit at.

About the names, we were discussing what good players make transfer moves in January, and that's how these names cropped up.

No, about Tevez I didn't say we should or should not have made the deal, my point was he would've left for the right price in January. Refer previous page.

The one incident at Samp, didn't undo the two years of stability he had there. It was the most stable phase of his career. Even at Milan, before his health issues we didn't hear anything about his behaviour. You can debate it as much as you want, had we signed a guy like him in January instead of Oriello, we would've had the scudetto signed, sealed and delivered. We need to start accepting that our DS has warped ideologies in terms of quality and adding value to the squad.
    +REP. Top post.

OP
    Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #1,844

Lol, how can I not draw up financial arguments? Everything is about finances, if you can't simply understand that we couldn't afford Tevez in the winter then you should cheer for Real Madrid. As far as being the top spenders, it's only because we loan players with obligations to buy. Those numbers are lying.

How on earth did you manage to bring Martinez and Bonucci into the discussion? Did we buy them in January or in summer of 2010?

It's not only about money in terms of the transfer, but also in terms of wages.
    The one incident was more than enough, could you imagine Cassano telling Agnelli to fuck off?

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Lol, how can I not draw up financial arguments? Everything is about finances, if you can't simply understand that we couldn't afford Tevez in the winter then you should cheer for Real Madrid. As far as being the top spenders, it's only because we loan players with obligations to buy. Those numbers are lying.

How on earth did you manage to bring Martinez and Bonucci into the discussion? Did we buy them in January or in summer of 2010?

It's not only about money in terms of the transfer, but also in terms of wages.
    The one incident was more than enough, could you imagine Cassano telling Agnelli to fuck off?
    Ok, I didn't understand a word of that. I think sometimes you just argue for the sake of it. :D

OP
    Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #1,846
    Ok, I didn't understand a word of that. I think sometimes you just argue for the sake of it. :D
    Sorry, I am working so I can't put words to it.

We may be Europes highest spender on the paper, but that's only because we loaned players like Quag in 2010 and paid for them last summer. It's only formality, because we really bought him in 2010.

Maybe we could spend the Bonucci, Padoin and Martinez' money on Tevez, but how would you pay his wages when there's tens of jackassses in this squad leehing off us? It's not that easy.

And you would know about argueing for the sake of it, you wirte a frickin essay in Quagliarella's thread every other day...

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Sorry, I am working so I can't put words to it.
    So you don't have to. ;)

We may be Europes highest spender on the paper, but that's only because we loaned players like Quag in 2010 and paid for them last summer. It's only formality, because we really bought him in 2010.

Maybe we could spend the Bonucci, Padoin and Martinez' money on Tevez, but how would you pay his wages when there's tens of jackassses in this squad leehing off us? It's not that easy.
    What are you talking about?! The annual budget is allocated for that same season whether its a loan or not. In fact its not even a loan like you said. Its an obligation which allows you to add an extra instalment window. Even if its rolling on there's tens of jackasses leeching off us because we are adding to them every mercato. And thats why you find yourself in this predicament where you say we cannot afford Tevez's wages. And we had 7.5m for Aguero despite all this?!?

And you would know about argueing for the sake of it, you wirte a frickin essay in Quagliarella's thread every other day...
    Lol. Saying Quag is better and adds more than Borriello is not arguing for the sake of it, so stop acting like a mosquito on a period.

OP
    Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #1,848
    First off, I don't think that we had 7.5 mill laying around for Aguero.

You haven't only been saying that Quag is better than Borriello (frankly I don't think anyone disagrees). I've never seen your giving up on a discussion, and I don't expect your stubborn ass to do it now.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    First off, I don't think that we had 7.5 mill laying around for Aguero.

You haven't only been saying that Quag is better than Borriello (frankly I don't think anyone disagrees). I've never seen your giving up on a discussion, and I don't expect your stubborn ass to do it now.
    How much did you think we offered him, unless you think we weren't even in talks with him?! Everybody reported he turned down our offer for City's. I can only assume we offered him something close to what he was already earning at Atletico to even be in talks with him.

I'm not the one being stubborn here. You'll find a logical explanation to what I'm saying or trying to say. This argument was over on the previous page as far as I'm concerned.

As for Quag, my only contention, is with people (including YOU) wanting to sell him without giving him a fair chance, that he hasn't had that this season and if we've given guys like Borrigol and Amauri the kind of time we have, this guy deserves a fair shot.

I'm open to changing my views on a player. I had a different opinion on Vucinic than I do now. And the same applies to Quag and anybody else. The only player I'm truly biased to, and perhaps will always be is Alessandro Del Piero.

OP
    Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #1,850
    I can't say that I know for sure, but I would imagine offering him wages around €3.5-4 mill.

I am willing to give Quagliarella a chance, but it seems like Conte isn't. I don't know why should keep on to him just for the sake of keeping him when he isn't even playing.

In an ideal world I would love to see Borriello being shipped back to Roma and keep Quag, but so far Borriello has been given the advantage of playing by Conte himself. You must admit that Quag has had mixed performances since returning from his injury, but it's only normal when he is bouncing back from an injury like he had.

The question is, do we have time enough to wait for him, when we actually can make money out of him and get someone on a different level? Like, Higuain or Jovetic?

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    I can't say that I know for sure, but I would imagine offering him wages around €3.5-4 mill.

I am willing to give Quagliarella a chance, but it seems like Conte isn't. I don't know why should keep on to him just for the sake of keeping him when he isn't even playing.

In an ideal world I would love to see Borriello being shipped back to Roma and keep Quag, but so far Borriello has been given the advantage of playing by Conte himself. You must admit that Quag has had mixed performances since returning from his injury, but it's only normal when he is bouncing back from an injury like he had.

The question is, do we have time enough to wait for him, when we actually can make money out of him and get someone on a different level? Like, Higuain or Jovetic?
    Do you really think, not being a CL team like we always claim, would attract a potential world class player at half the salary he was earning at his club?! There is no way we couldve been in talks with him for anything less than the 7m figure he was earning with Atletico.

Are you really willing to give him a chance? On more than one occasion you by your own admission have said Quag doesn't do anything for the team. :D But take a step back momentarily and look at his situation. I agree that he's had mixed performances, but in all honesty where have you seen him get any kind of opportunity before measuring his performances? He's had 3-4 starts in the league and gotten 2 goals. He's finished only one of those matches. I don't just say this for Quag, but no player should be judged on 10 min cameos and expected to be an MVP.

As for a chance, Conte is playing Boriello and doesn't even seem to be willing to give Matri and DP a chance, that's not to say they're not in his plans. These are perhaps his tactical choices. I've noticed Conte's first sub of pref is Quag, but I don't think Matri and DP will not be equally effective in those situations. Borriello is the most physical of Conte's CF's and he's trying to impose that into the system. But the fact remains, is that Vucinic and Boriello are perhaps the worst starting combo of you're looking for goals.

Quag was good in preseason before he pulled up again, and if he has an injury free run I think he can be a very effective player largely due to his consistency and finesse closer to goal. It's eventually going to be the club's call, but itll be a pity if he's fit and we don't give him a fair run on the lead up to the scudetto. For me personally, Vucinic and Boriello have both had a fair shot and blown it. Matri has grabbed his chances and proven himself. But Quag and DP have not, and its about time they were given a fair chance, because they are players capable of big things.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    they offered more money to Atleti, better wages and CL football.

what could we do to compete with that.

Not discussing the City angle. We were talking about what our monetary offer was to Aguero was before City came along. We are assuming that Juventus was matching what Atletico was paying him at the time, at the very least, just to open talks with the player.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
    Dec 27, 2005
    Blaming only Marotta for Borriello is ridiculous. I blame Conte for this, Borriello sounded like a good back-up for Matri, but it's obvious that Conte sees him as a starter and possibly better/useful player than Quag and DP. If he really don't rate him than he would do the same to him as he did to Elia, Krasic and DP.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    He realised he needs at least one picture that shows how close he got to scoring a goal or at least look like it before his loan comes to an end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)