Marco Borriello (2 Viewers)

Do you want Borriello to stay, and do you think he will?

• I want him to stay, and I think he will :)

• I hope he leaves, but I think he'll stay :mad:

• I want him to stay, but I think he'll leave :sad:

• I think we'll ship his ass off. Good riddance! :D

• I want him to stay, but at a much lower price

Results are only viewable after voting.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Conte has a lot to say in this. Why do you think Ziegler was shipped off? Would Marotta sign Lichtsteiner for €10 mill or Cassani for €4-5 mill? I thought it was clear to everyone. Conte turned down Alex and preferred Vidal to Inler as well.

And you are right, it's Italy, not England.

Marotta, Paratici, Nedved and Conte goes through everything before signing a player.
We don't really know what happened with Ziegler so we could only guess. But then again, if Conte didn't want him then why did he arrive in the first place? Maybe the just figured out that he wasn't good enough. And why wouldn't Marotta sign Licht for 10 million ahead of Cassani? I bet Marotta rated him higher.

Look, I'm not saying Conte doesn't have anything to say in all of this, but he doesn't pick out the specific players. As I said, Conte is not a scout, he's a coach and works daily with his team and tactics. Its Marotta's job to scout other players and he has scouts all over the world working for him to find the best players. Its Marotta's job to be the expert on the players that don't play for Juventus and its Conte's job to be the expert in the players we actually do have.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I remember reading about this before and some Italian sporting director said that what if the coach gets fired? What if Conte ends up fired? Then you have a bunch of players he wanted. Also, its not really Conte's job to scout other players, thats Marotta's job. I'm pretty certain this is how it works.
I think we're talking past eachother. I'm not actually saying what you're saying is wrong. I'm saying there's more to this stuff than what you're saying.

(knowwhatI'msaying?:D)

I'm not disagreeing with you when it comes to it being Marotta's job to sign players, Paratici's and Marotta's (and Nedved's) job to scout, and Conte's job to coach etc.

But come on, you have to realize that even though a company separates the tasks and assignments like that, of course they're all gonna double check with eachother, and especially with the coach. Let's say Marotta, Paratici and Nedved decide to splash 30 million on a player. And Conte never intends to use that player. There's no way they'd sign a player for that kind of money without making sure that Conte would actually field the fucker.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
Ziegler was bought when Del Neri was still manager, last January. Conte obviously didn't take a liking to him and he was shipped out.

OP
Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #66
    We don't really know what happened with Ziegler so we could only guess. But then again, if Conte didn't want him then why did he arrive in the first place? Maybe the just figured out that he wasn't good enough. And why wouldn't Marotta sign Licht for 10 million ahead of Cassani? I bet Marotta rated him higher.

Look, I'm not saying Conte doesn't have anything to say in all of this, but he doesn't pick out the specific players. As I said, Conte is not a scout, he's a coach and works daily with his team and tactics. Its Marotta's job to scout other players and he has scouts all over the world working for him to find the best players. Its Marotta's job to be the expert on the players that don't play for Juventus and its Conte's job to be the expert in the players we actually do have.
    First off: We agreed a deal with Ziegler before Conte arrived. The time Delneri was manager. Conte couldn't do anything about it.

Oh and I read interview of Conte the other day when he said, after I signed they asked me if I wanted Pirlo or he should be blocked because of the 4-2-4 formation but Conte said it's not a problem.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
    Jun 1, 2010
    I can't believe we are even having this discussion. Just this summer Giaccherini said Conte specifically wanted him here.

Why did Pepe say that Conte called him and said he is staying when he was linked with Russian clubs? I thought Marotta just bought and sold players without asking Conte?
    Explain elia to me

Suns

Release clause?
    May 22, 2009
    If you have the idea of firing your coach in the back of your mind then why support him in the first place? Surely if there's such a lack of confidence is pretty obvious that you should sort your coach out before any transfers.
    You support his ideas, but its up the sporting director to bring in the specific players. If you have brought a coach playing a 4-3-3, then you go off signing players that fit into that formation so the coach can use it. And if its a 22 year old Brazilian or a 33 year old Italian its all up to the sporting director to decide.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Awaiting the sudden 360 degrees change of opinion of Borriello to more positive now that he is a(bout to be) Juve player.

OP
    Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #72
    Explain elia to me
    Conte wanted wingers for the 4-4-2, Marotta proposed Elia, Conte accepted.

Conte preferred Giaccherini/Krasic/Pepe at first, making Elia adapt to the tactics, and then changed to 4-3-3.

Now Elia has to work even harder.

Read an interview of Conte just today about Krasic and Elia. Here's a bad translation:

Krasic? is polite and shy with him, but I feel we play with 10 men behind the line of the ball and Milos needs large spaces.
    Elijah? it takes patience. . Juve in my first year I was in a coma .. this shirt weighs, give him time and effort you want to have.

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    Ziegler was a problem between him and Conte. Some say he'd didn't like Conte's training regime or something like that and he let it know to him and both clashed.

About this transfer I heard that it's not really a Conte request but just an opportunity for Marotta to get a player for cheap.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    You support his ideas, but its up the sporting director to bring in the specific players. If you have brought a coach playing a 4-3-3, then you go off signing players that fit into that formation so the coach can use it. And if its a 22 year old Brazilian or a 33 year old Italian its all up to the sporting director to decide.
    Suns. Seriously. You are right that the final decision lays with the sporting director. But do you really think that Marotta never walks into Conte's office to double check on shit? Do you think he completely shuts his ears to what the coach wants? And don't you think the coach knocks on Marotta's door to inform of particular players he wants?

I'm not saying Marotta has to listen to what Conte says, but be damn sure that he does.

Suns

Release clause?
    May 22, 2009
    First off: We agreed a deal with Ziegler before Conte arrived. The time Delneri was manager. Conte couldn't do anything about it.

Oh and I read interview of Conte the other day when he said, after I signed they asked me if I wanted Pirlo or he should be blocked because of the 4-2-4 formation but Conte said it's not a problem.
    Exactly, thats what I've been trying to say. I'm not saying Marotta bring players that doesn't fit into Conte's philosophy of football because he does. But I just don't think Conte has a say in which particular player we should sign. If Conte asks for a versatile striker then Marotta does the rest. And if he brings back the cheap Borriello or the expensive Benzema, thats Marotta's decision. As long as Conte gets his versatile striker then Marotta has done his job.

OP
    Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #76
    Suns. Seriously. You are right that the final decision lay with the sporting director. But do you really think that Marotta never walks into Conte's office to double check on shit? Do you think he completely shuts his ears to what the coach wants? And don't you think the coach knocks on Marotta's door to inform of particular players he wants?

I'm not saying Marotta has to listen to what Conte says, but be damn sure that he does.
    This.

Read another interview (yeah I have no life) Conte speaking about 2009. Said Secco & co asked him of Diego, Conte said he didn't want him but Secco & co insisted on Diego and the 4-2-3-1(?) formation so he didn't get the job.

OP
    Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #77
    Exactly, thats what I've been trying to say. I'm not saying Marotta bring players that doesn't fit into Conte's philosophy of football because he does. But I just don't think Conte has a say in which particular player we should sign. If Conte asks for a versatile striker then Marotta does the rest. And if he brings back the cheap Borriello or the expensive Benzema, thats Marotta's decision. As long as Conte gets his versatile striker then Marotta has done his job.
    I partly agree.

The thing is, Conte has the option to say no. It's not like Conte has to accept whatever Marotta throws at him.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
    Jun 1, 2010
    Conte wanted wingers for the 4-4-2, Marotta proposed Elia, Conte accepted.

Conte preferred Giaccherini/Krasic/Pepe at first, making Elia adapt to the tactics, and then changed to 4-3-3.

Now Elia has to work even harder.

Read an interview of Conte just today about Krasic and Elia. Here's a bad translation:

Krasic? is polite and shy with him, but I feel we play with 10 men behind the line of the ball and Milos needs large spaces.
    Elijah? it takes patience. . Juve in my first year I was in a coma .. this shirt weighs, give him time and effort you want to have.
    Makes perfect sense, we all knew that krasic would need space.

How did marco pass is physical?

Suns

Release clause?
    May 22, 2009
    Suns. Seriously. You are right that the final decision lays with the sporting director. But do you really think that Marotta never walks into Conte's office to double check on shit? Do you think he completely shuts his ears to what the coach wants? And don't you think the coach knocks on Marotta's door to inform of particular players he wants?

What?! Of course he doesn't shut his ears to what Conte wants. All this time I've been saying that Marotta goes off and signs players that fit into Conte's philosophy, but Conte does not name players. He can't, its not his responsibility.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)