Marco Borriello (40 Viewers)

Do you want Borriello to stay, and do you think he will?

• I want him to stay, and I think he will :)

• I hope he leaves, but I think he'll stay :mad:

• I want him to stay, but I think he'll leave :sad:

• I think we'll ship his ass off. Good riddance! :D

• I want him to stay, but at a much lower price

Results are only viewable after voting.

Itztli

'Curious'
May 12, 2011
Well, at least do well here Marco, so my dislike doesn't turn to hate.

(Also rest knowing that I found that Sextape of his ex.) :shifty:

OP
Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #306
    Can he be used as vice-Pepe? I think Borriello is able to cover more defensive duties than Vucinic, Matri, Quag or Del Piero. Using him in Pepe's place wouldn't be bad IMO.

May 4, 2011
    He is coming as an alternative to Matri. It doesn't hurt to have an extra poacher in the squad and it will make more sense once we get rid of Toni, Amauri, Iaquinta. At that point all we'll be left with are ADP, Vuci, Quag, Pepe playing in the wider roles predominantly with Matri and Borriello as the prima puntas in the squad.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    Pep IS a coach and he did NOT invent 4-3-3, he also succeded with Barcelona B and while I agree that he's had the best players in the bussiness you still need to be a competent coach in order for the team to succeed. 2007-2008 Barcelona comes to mind, all amazing players but chocked hard, Rijkaard had lost the plot.

Quagliarella is not 1/4 as talented as Del Piero was in his heyday and does not provide the kind of quality DP used to, which guaranteed him success in whatever forward position he was deployed. Most of Quags creations are wondergoals done by himself but I fully he believe he doesn't have that killer eye for a pass/assist like DP and other players have.

He's not good enough to keep hold of a starting place at a top team that uses 4-3-3, he's a jack of all trades master of none type of players. He won't score 20+goals a season (hell, not even 15+) and won't assist 10+ goals a season.

He may be skilled and move around very well but you get to the point when you gotta ask yourself wether that is enough for a scudetto/CL football aspiring team.

He's also what? 28? at this age there's not much of a chance that he'll get much better than he is and with that latest injury added to his injury record this might be one of the last chances that you'll have to get a decent sum out of him. He might aswell end up permanently injured like Iaquinta as age catches on with his body.

By keeping Quag you're blocking yourself out of the possibility of getting a player better suited for your tactics and can provide more to the team than Quag.

That's of course, unless you want to keep stacking on attacking players and continue whining like you always do and enjoy. :D
    I have seen many many many "coaches" who never won anything again, after they moved away from a top team.
    The natural way of things is to prove your self first and then given the chance to lead a top team.
    Pep inherited that success, did not earned it, so imo he is not worthy of my respect as a coach. Def not a top one...
    If he succeds elsewhere, he will prove that this success wasnt a random event.

Quaq is def not DP, i used DP as an example we know to well, in order to understand, how a versatile player, who understands the needs of our team, adapts his role, in real time and offers what we need the most.
    Even Pepe, who is far more limited player, also has this instict and despite his lack of talents in certain areas, he tries his best, in what it appears to be a desperate and foolish efford. Quaq is better than that and has better end result, DP is far better and has much better end result, but the idea is to understand why its happening, when and how.

When you see Pepe trying to threaten and score with long shots, you can tell that smth is missing there.
    The more he tries, the more desperately we need it.

:agree: ... Jovetic, the current La Viola player and the future Juventus #10 :p
    I sure hope that we will be ridden of that disaster. Yet another catastrophic deal with Fiorentina, yet another dribbler for our collection, yet another SS to absorve our transfer budget and attention. Yet another player who seems impressive only because he plays in a mediocre team.
    Heck even Pazzini would look a far better choice!
    We signed him? And we still got Amauri and Iaquinta and Toni? :sergio:
    Just like i said, i wouldnt mind him if we sell some of the trash and secure our needs.
    As it is, we cannot longer afford thwe salaries of decent players for our needs, we wasted our primary acquisition for a complete waste of squad space...
    My fucking thread about this useless transfer was closed, and it turns to be true... We don't need this machoman and we don't need pizaro. Waste of money and energy. You are not fucking welcome
    Delussional thinking, in this forum, is not only encouraged/appreciated, but it is imposed, realistic thoughts are swiftly removed out of the picture, or attacked in mass... sadly, despite the wishful thinking, the crude reality still smashes our faces...

how did he pass if he's already injured...
    Like we didnt know it when we decided to sign him, he spent most of his carrier injured, we know that his is extremely unreliable, we only sign him for the sake of adding yet another NT caps in our squad...
    He is coming as an alternative to Matri. It doesn't hurt to have an extra poacher in the squad and it will make more sense once we get rid of Toni, Amauri, Iaquinta. At that point all we'll be left with are ADP, Vuci, Quag, Pepe playing in the wider roles predominantly with Matri and Borriello as the prima puntas in the squad.
    Yeah, but as Toni has proved, it does hurts if this extra option is not a theoretical one, but one that can actually CAN help.
    Boriello will miss most of the season due injuries, even if he becomes available, he wont be able to help as goal poaching is not his strength, as his carrier has proven in the past decade.
    All the while he will be moaning about not given more chances than he had in Roma as Osvaldos sub...
    funny that we're getting herpes on loan when herpes is usually permanent.
    As we have seen with Motta, and Quaq, we will pay the bill, even if we decide that he is not of any use...

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    He is currently in Turin completing his medical. Ugh.
    Maybe he has bad teeth. :D

Ugh, I will feel A LOT BETTER knowing we got rid of Amauri/IQ/Toni, until then I'm a bit taken aback by this transfer. Would make sense if we had already found homes for the misfit toys we don't want, but since there isn't an island to ship them too I just can't help but think they should have been our priority.

Every toy deserves a home, even Amauri.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
    Jun 5, 2010
    what about our 4 wingers?
    esti, elia, giacherini and krasic???????

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
    Jun 5, 2010
    Can he be used as vice-Pepe? I think Borriello is able to cover more defensive duties than Vucinic, Matri, Quag or Del Piero. Using him in Pepe's place wouldn't be bad IMO.
    melo friend you know I like you
    but this is just bullshit
    we need more creativity not more defense duties
    wingers in a 4-3-3 should be offensive and creative

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    we need more creativity not more defense duties
    wingers in a 4-3-3 should be offensive and creative
    We have an abundance of finishing, we can sacrifice a bit, for better finishing, because we create far too many chances but fail to finish them.
    Switching a winger with a player than can finish them better, could really make a difference, even as a potential threat that needs to be dealt with, we will force the opposition to spread and let Matri more time to breath.

I believe this is the reason we do better with Vucinic, instead any of the wingers. One more forward could form a real trident and that would be an overkill in Italy!

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    We have an abundance of finishing, we can sacrifice a bit, for better finishing, because we create far too many chances but fail to finish them.
    Switching a winger with a player than can finish them better, could really make a difference, even as a potential threat that needs to be dealt with, we will force the opposition to spread and let Matri more time to breath.

I believe this is the reason we do better with Vucinic, instead any of the wingers. One more forward could form a real trident and that would be an overkill in Italy!
    For the rest of the season I'd play Quag for Pepe and then in the summer bring a young SS like Jovetic to fix this problem once and for all. A hard working creator like Jojo/Lavezzi as an SS that can finish and work his tail off to make up for the "pepe-less" work ethich we would lose by taking Pepe off.

Mirko-Matri-Jojo would be perfect for next year. A cheaper solution would be Giovinco and I would be OK with that. Pepe won't cut it next year and I still am not convinced him starting is the way to finish top in the league this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)