Marco Borriello (55 Viewers)

Do you want Borriello to stay, and do you think he will?

• I want him to stay, and I think he will :)

• I hope he leaves, but I think he'll stay :mad:

• I want him to stay, but I think he'll leave :sad:

• I think we'll ship his ass off. Good riddance! :D

• I want him to stay, but at a much lower price

Results are only viewable after voting.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Like I said earlier, it's easy to manufacture numbers if one picks and chooses measuring intervals. The only interval that can't be argued with, however, is the one that encompasses their entire career in serie a - those are the numbers I posted. I'd suggest staying away from arguing a point about scoring rates based on my numbers, as you'd be mathematically obliged to lose that argument, and instead question the veracity of said numbers, as I'd be inclined to believe that transfermarkt's listings could be incomplete.

And I do believe that king ale addressed this season quite elegantly by meassuring based on number of minutes played. A more thorough method, even though it is still statistics divorced from other non-number based facts (form, confidence, team performance, allocation of said minutes in a game, etc.)

Finally, before you huff and puff too much, I should like to remind you that YOU brought up ~numbers~.
No I merely was discussing the numbers that someone else had posted

Buy on AliExpress.com

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
i just don't see why you fail to accept that he's better than matri? they're both mediocre players, matri is just worse than borriello.
Seriously do not see the point of all this effort to defend Borriello. Is this a player that you legitimately want to keep, Nzoric?

You would be hard pressed to find anyone who considers Borriello to be the superior player to Matri, over the past two years. Take into account that Marco is 2 years older, that we already own Matri (who has legitimately demonstrated that he can be a valuable player for us with 11 in 17 last year), and that neither one of these players is prolific enough to lead the attack of a team that wants to compete in multiple competitions...

Doesn't it become clear that we should take the 8M we would spend on Borriello, and invest it in a clearly superior player on the open market?

I hope Marco continues to chip in with the odd goal here and there, but he should be playing elsewhere next season.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
In that case, Matri is better. But if we can sell him for anywhere or 12m, I'd do it. But definitely, we have to send Borriello back to the hole that he came from. If anything, keep Quag.

---------- Post added 29.04.2012 at 18:13 ----------

Bravo. Well said, sir. :tup: lol lol. I totally agree.
It's been made clear that Quag is staying

---------- Post added 29.04.2012 at 18:17 ----------

Seriously do not see the point of all this effort to defend Borriello. Is this a player that you legitimately want to keep, Nzoric?

You would be hard pressed to find anyone who considers Borriello to be the superior player to Matri, over the past two years. Take into account that Marco is 2 years older, that we already own Matri (who has legitimately demonstrated that he can be a valuable player for us with 11 in 17 last year), and that neither one of these players is prolific enough to lead the attack of a team that wants to compete in multiple competitions...

Doesn't it become clear that we should take the 8M we would spend on Borriello, and invest it in a clearly superior player on the open market?

I hope Marco continues to chip in with the odd goal here and there, but he should be playing elsewhere next season.
So if someone buys Matri for 18 million and we purchase borriello for 8 thats not good?

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
it is a player i legitimately want to keep. not at all cost, if we can get him for 5min and if he takes a pay cut which sees him land somewhere around 2mil / year it's definitely a good purchase.

on the other hand i deem matri insufficient even for our bench.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
it is a player i legitimately want to keep. not at all cost, if we can get him for 5min and if he takes a pay cut which sees him land somewhere around 2mil / year it's definitely a good purchase.

makes perfect sense to me, especially if spalletti really wants matri for the 18 mil f yea

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

I don't like Matri either, but his scoring rate at Juve has been pretty good. Herpiello is useless. And no, "holding up the ball" is not an asset when you're not competent enough to pass it on accurately after.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
[/COLOR]The best part is the majority of the haters where the same bitching about Conte, and Vucinic coming here and look how that worked out[/QUOTE]

:sergio:

Total non sequitur, and a real silly comment.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I don't like Matri either, but his scoring rate at Juve has been pretty good. Herpiello is useless. And no, "holding up the ball" is not an asset when you're not competent enough to pass it on accurately after.
i can't seem to spot one part of the dead horse that we haven't given a proper beating. i hope he stays, you don't.

watch him go 3/3 in the next game ;) (we gotta kill a new horse)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
How can you even compare that? Matri played continuously while Marco had not played for months and needed to get back into form its like apples and oranges, you fail to add the variables into the equation. They also are not my facts they are others on here

---------- Post added 29.04.2012 at 18:05 ----------

The best part is the majority of the haters where the same bitching about Conte, and Vucinic coming here and look how that worked out
funny you should mention that. i'm sitting here drinking my kool aid reading your reply to king ale, and suddenly i realized that how can you even compare that? Matri played continuously while Marco had not played for months and needed to get back into form its like apples and oranges, you fail to add the variables into the equation. They also are not my facts they are others on here

The best part is the majority of the haters where the same bitching about Conte, and Vucinic coming here and look how that worked out

gray

Apr 22, 2003
So if someone buys Matri for 18 million and we purchase borriello for 8 thats not good?
I don't see how the two are related at all. Getting good money for a player doesn't justify spending a fair chunk of it on a mediocre player.

I'd rather use the 8m to sweeten our deal for a WC player e.g. offering 40m instead of 32m for Cavani.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
It's been made clear that Quag is staying

---------- Post added 29.04.2012 at 18:17 ----------

No, that's not good. I don't rate Borriello, we aren't invested in him and he's not good enough to lead a team that wants to challenge for honors in Europe, so I would say that signing a player already on high wages for 8M is a stupid way to spend valuable resources.

If we get a huge offer for Matri, that should be evaluated. Chopping and changing players constantly however, is not my idea of how to build a strong team. IMO, he hasn't been all that bad either, and would be a decent option off the bench for at least another year

We need to set our sights higher, buddy. Even if Borriello is better than he's demonstrated while at Juventus, he's not a player who one would find at most top clubs. As far as the forward position is concerned, we need top quality reinforcements at this point. Enough with the mediocrity.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
I don't see how the two are related at all. Getting good money for a player doesn't justify spending a fair chunk of it on a mediocre player.

I'd rather use the 8m to sweeten our deal for a WC player e.g. offering 40m instead of 32m for Cavani.
:agree:

Or use to buy some promising player like Destro.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Like I said earlier, it's easy to manufacture numbers if one picks and chooses measuring intervals. The only interval that can't be argued with, however, is the one that encompasses their entire career in serie a - those are the numbers I posted. I'd suggest staying away from arguing a point about scoring rates based on my numbers, as you'd be mathematically obliged to lose that argument, and instead question the veracity of said numbers, as I'd be inclined to believe that transfermarkt's listings could be incomplete.

And I do believe that king ale addressed this season quite elegantly by meassuring based on number of minutes played. A more thorough method, even though it is still statistics divorced from other non-number based facts (form, confidence, team performance, allocation of said minutes in a game, etc.)

Finally, before you huff and puff too much, I should like to remind you that YOU brought up ~numbers~.

:D it sure can be argued, scoring across playing career is just as valid. CL and coppa count just as much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)