Marco Borriello (6 Viewers)

Do you want Borriello to stay, and do you think he will?

• I want him to stay, and I think he will :)

• I hope he leaves, but I think he'll stay :mad:

• I want him to stay, but I think he'll leave :sad:

• I think we'll ship his ass off. Good riddance! :D

• I want him to stay, but at a much lower price

Results are only viewable after voting.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Don't trip over yourself while backpedaling, mate.

And there's quite the difference between a .32 and a .27 scoring rate. Neither one is blindingly impressive though - in that they do indeed share a likeness.
im not back pedalling at all from the other numbers posted a few pages back in the past three seasons matri only scored 6 more goals while playing eight months more so to me thats not impressive enough to warrant people on here calling him leaps better than Marco

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
33-27 in three years is 6 goals. so arse equals ......

So you tend to ignore the stats which compare two players during their time in the same team, which clearly indicates who the better player is doing what they are supposed to do in their roles and even though the stats in three years time is still pro one of the two, you still insist on the other being the better player. Where do you get your facts from?

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
So you tend to ignore the stats which compare two players during their time in the same team, which clearly indicates who the better player is doing what they are supposed to do in their roles and even though the stats in three years time is still pro one of the two, you still insist on the other being the better player. Where do you get your facts from?
How can you even compare that? Matri played continuously while Marco had not played for months and needed to get back into form its like apples and oranges, you fail to add the variables into the equation. They also are not my facts they are others on here

---------- Post added 29.04.2012 at 18:05 ----------

The best part is the majority of the haters where the same bitching about Conte, and Vucinic coming here and look how that worked out

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
i just don't see why you fail to accept that he's better than matri? they're both mediocre players, matri is just worse than borriello.
yea no one here said Borriello is Dzeko we are just pointing out the bs hatred and illogical dislike with the equally silly comparisons to matri

---------- Post added 29.04.2012 at 18:09 ----------

Why the need to compare him with Matri, though? Regardless, Borriello is $#@!.
your elegance in speech is so classy

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
im not back pedalling at all from the other numbers posted a few pages back in the past three seasons matri only scored 6 more goals while playing eight months more so to me thats not impressive enough to warrant people on here calling him leaps better than Marco
Like I said earlier, it's easy to manufacture numbers if one picks and chooses measuring intervals. The only interval that can't be argued with, however, is the one that encompasses their entire career in serie a - those are the numbers I posted. I'd suggest staying away from arguing a point about scoring rates based on my numbers, as you'd be mathematically obliged to lose that argument, and instead question the veracity of said numbers, as I'd be inclined to believe that transfermarkt's listings could be incomplete.

And I do believe that king ale addressed this season quite elegantly by meassuring based on number of minutes played. A more thorough method, even though it is still statistics divorced from other non-number based facts (form, confidence, team performance, allocation of said minutes in a game, etc.)

Finally, before you huff and puff too much, I should like to remind you that YOU brought up ~numbers~.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
because they are competing for the role as our backup striker next season. i'd rather have the better of the two players at the club.
In that case, Matri is better. But if we can sell him for anywhere or 12m, I'd do it. But definitely, we have to send Borriello back to the hole that he came from. If anything, keep Quag.

---------- Post added 29.04.2012 at 18:13 ----------

Coming from you that really doesnt mean much.
Bravo. Well said, sir. :tup: lol lol. I totally agree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)