Marcelo Vieira - LB - Real Madrid (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Marcelo would actually be amazing as LM.

LB...good luck trying to teach him Italian defensive tactics. Already a :sergio: defensively in attacking Spanish and Brazilian setups.

Between him, Bonucci and Cancelo, that's 3/4 of our defense with key weaknesses defensively. There'd be a whole lot of :howler::sergio: moments.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
If Marcelo comes in, Sandro is gone. Tbh, this is a totally unnecessary purchase. Dynamic beast in midfield (CM), and CB should be our priorities. Once we've sorted those out, we can look at this Lolzilian and the massive Interista cunt.

Maintain, strengthen, and then add luxury purchases. Going after Marcelo is like buying that super expensive oven when you don't even have a friggin mattress.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
If Marcelo comes, I think squad will main towards a 3-4-3, with A.Sandro gone to generate revenue for FFP and Darmian also coming in to rotate with Rugani and MDS as 3rd CB and sometime FB. Cancelo and Marcelo will wingback in 1st 11s 3-4-3. Maybe this is what Juve's strategic choice will be, given that top midfielders are far more expensive than top wingbacks and backup CBs, and given Juve's financial constraints with TV money and ticket proceeds.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Over the hill? I think it’s too early to say. He was doing alright last season and it’s not like this new post-Ronaldo Madrid team is putting the world on fire. They lost a shitload of matches this season. This guy could not only bring the best out of Ronaldo in attack but get back to his best form. If there’s no physical issue I don’t see why not.
It would be a huge gamble, way more potential risk than reward imo. It's just pure hope that he could get back to his levels of prior seasons, whereas if he maintains his current level it would be one disastrous flop for the kind of wages and transfer fee he'd come on.

If he's no longer good enough for Real, we shouldn't be interested.

We should be aiming to sign the best prospects around, reaping long term benefits like Real are doing, not signing their declining players expecting that to make us the best team in Europe

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
It would be a huge gamble, way more potential risk than reward imo. It's just pure hope that he could get back to his levels of prior seasons, whereas if he maintains his current level it would be one disastrous flop for the kind of wages and transfer fee he'd come on.

If he's no longer good enough for Real, we shouldn't be interested.

We should be aiming to sign the best prospects around, reaping long term benefits like Real are doing, not signing their declining players expecting that to make us the best team in Europe
I agree with you this whole thing about winning the CL might be going too far as we now know bringing Bonucci back was a bad decision. And aiming for older declining players might not be the way to do that neither.

I don't know if getting Marcelo is good or bad tbh as I don't know the reasons why his current isn't as good as his past seasons but If we do get him, there's always that chance the combination of him and Ronaldo, considering the amazing chemistry they had, could be a force to be reckoned with. I'd like to assume he's not "done" yet and his form might be the result of drastic changes to this current Madrid team. I do agree it's a gamble though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)