Marcelo Salas Should Retire (1 Viewer)

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
Salas Set To Miss Three Months
Posted by Nina | soccerage.com

Juventus striker Marcelo Salas is set to miss the next three months after hearing that he needs surgery on his right knee.

The Chilean sustained the injury in training with the Bianconeri and will not now make his international comeback against Peru on Sunday.

He is now expected to miss the rest of the season.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel sorry for him :(

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
=(

what can we say!.ç

its btter for him to leave juve, ate least in other team he will play again.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
i feeel sorry for him now. i read in a nother site that he has been having family problems as he separated with his wife and he hasn't seen his daughters in a while. these problems have affected his performances!! :down:

he's really going through a tough time...

Hope he returns to Chille and his family problems get solved.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
its sad. its even sadder when your one day at the top and have eveything, and then you lose it all.

it gets worse when u lose your family and friends over such things...

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
it might not be over such things, but i'm sure his forum didn't help.

i think it was the family probs that ruined his forum. add to that the unlucky injuries :down:

he he pulls through fine :)

mate

Aug 28, 2002
He broke his "menisco"... I don't know how to call it in English :confused: but I know that Baggio had 3 surgery 4 the same thing, one of that breaking it at the same time with both the cruciat and lateral ligament and the "capsula" (also I don't know the translation of it). And he still play now that he's 36 :). So I don't know how we can say that Salas careear is over...
One thing is sure: he have to leave Juventus and Turin, he do not like the ambience (he did new declarations about it) and he will never recover psicologicaly and phisicaly if he is in a team wheare he do not feel good. The family problems surely afflicted him too.
I think that the best thing 4 him will be to find a team in South America or in a nice Spanich city, wheare he can try to be happy before and as a conseguence to change his soccer career, that at the moment is such in a dark situation.

OP
Ian
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #14
    ++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++
    He broke his "menisco"... I don't know how to call it in English :confused: but I know that Baggio had 3 surgery 4 the same thing, one of that breaking it at the same time with both the cruciat and lateral ligament and the "capsula" (also I don't know the translation of it). And he still play now that he's 36 :). So I don't know how we can say that Salas careear is over...
    One thing is sure: he have to leave Juventus and Turin, he do not like the ambience (he did new declarations about it) and he will never recover psicologicaly and phisicaly if he is in a team wheare he do not feel good. The family problems surely afflicted him too.
    I think that the best thing 4 him will be to find a team in South America or in a nice Spanich city, wheare he can try to be happy before and as a conseguence to change his soccer career, that at the moment is such in a dark situation.
    I don't know much about Baggio, but Salas has now torn the same ligament two times, and usually when that happens the second time is very much more serious than the first. I know, I've torn five different ligaments in my knees each more than once.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by lacrease ] ++
    mate is right. but he's not gonna get any better back in SA- go to spain my man!
    Yes he did his time here in Italy...
    Changing country maybe will also help him to leave all the negativity back... when ther's nothing who goes in the right way, like in his case, the best thing to do is changing all complitly and start something new from zero.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
    I don't know much about Baggio, but Salas has now torn the same ligament two times, and usually when that happens the second time is very much more serious than the first. I know, I've torn five different ligaments in my knees each more than once.
    I read that Salas broke his "menisco" non his ligament, it's a different thing... actually I don't know the translation of "menisco" but it's this little bound in the middle of the ligaments, Baggio broke them many times and at the end he took them away, now he do not have any left. Many peaple just take tham away... my brother have even kept his own one when he took it off. I hope you understood what it is :D

Baggio injured the same knee many times: the first time he broke all the ligaments, both cruciate and lateral, togeder with the "menisco" and the "capsula", I think that this was the reason why this injury afflicted him 4 so long, to retourn normal 4 a knee is difficolt also when you breake just one ligament, so I guess it's impossible when you breake all at the same time and it have to be reconstructed from 0. But as I know he never broke the same ligament 2 times, the other injures in this knee were "stiramenti" (when it's damaged but not complitly broken) or regarding other things and "menisco" while the injurys of last year were in the other knee, the "healty" one. And infact he was back in the field after less than 3 monts from the ligament reconstruction while the other time it took him nearly 3 years to recover.

Anycase "menisco" injurys are a smaller comparing with ligaments, I don't think it's something who can stop a sportman careear...

OP
    Ian
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #18
    ++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++
    I read that Salas broke his "menisco" non his ligament, it's a different thing... actually I don't know the translation of "menisco" but it's this little bound in the middle of the ligaments, Baggio broke them many times and at the end he took them away, now he do not have any left. Many peaple just take tham away... my brother have even kept his own one when he took it off. I hope you understood what it is :D

Baggio injured the same knee many times: the first time he broke all the ligaments, both cruciate and lateral, togeder with the "menisco" and the "capsula", I think that this was the reason why this injury afflicted him 4 so long, to retourn normal 4 a knee is difficolt also when you breake just one ligament, so I guess it's impossible when you breake all at the same time and it have to be reconstructed from 0. But as I know he never broke the same ligament 2 times, the other injures in this knee were "stiramenti" (when it's damaged but not complitly broken) or regarding other things and "menisco" while the injurys of last year were in the other knee, the "healty" one. And infact he was back in the field after less than 3 monts from the ligament reconstruction while the other time it took him nearly 3 years to recover.

Anycase "menisco" injurys are a smaller comparing with ligaments, I don't think it's something who can stop a sportman careear...
    I don't know what a menisco is, but I do think that Salas has had another ligament injury, but maybe you are right. Either way Salas has enough money to retire in comfort, he should not play anymore, too risky.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
    I don't know what a menisco is, but I do think that Salas has had another ligament injury, but maybe you are right.
    Italian press talked about menisco (I will try to found the translation 4 it :) ) If it's really his ligament it's different, of course!

++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++ Either way Salas has enough money to retire in comfort, he should not play anymore, too risky.
    Surely he have enought money 4 doing what he wants... But I wisch he can start a new career in a new team in a new country... he had too much hard times, he deserve it.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    yeah,. but it looks like river plate will not be the team.

In a document of the spanish espn version i read that river plate cant afford salas cost, and the cavenaghi deal is almost impossible to complete because salas is too expensive for the argentinian club.(remembering argentinian league is not in his best moment).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)