Marcello Lippi (3 Viewers)

Aug 1, 2003
this thread is absolute rubbish. we might underachieve this season but its capello's first season and I consider a QF in CL and a tight race for the scudetto a pretty good start for capello, obviously he needs to adapt also considering the players hes having at his disposal.

its sick to think that people already want him out and want lippi back. And I get irritated when people hail Lippi as the Juve Coachgod. We will never forget what he has given us but come on, it's time to move on people. Lippi's time here is over. And please, Capello's record really does speak for itself. If that doesnt convince you of Cap's credibility I dont know what the hell will.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Aug 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++

I know Zlatan and camo have been very very good this season, but they still arent 2 players yet.
Have you seen Camoranesi even before he was with Juventus? It'd tell you that he's a quality player. His only problem was that he was inconsistent and he seems to have managed to overcome that.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
this thread is absolute rubbish. we might underachieve this season but its capello's first season and I consider a QF in CL and a tight race for the scudetto a pretty good start for capello, obviously he needs to adapt also considering the players hes having at his disposal.

its sick to think that people already want him out and want lippi back. And I get irritated when people hail Lippi as the Juve Coachgod. We will never forget what he has given us but come on, it's time to move on people. Lippi's time here is over. And please, Capello's record really does speak for itself. If that doesnt convince you of Cap's credibility I dont know what the hell will.
Actually this thread does have a point. With the present squad we have we managed to achieve this far thanks to Capello.

Both coaches do bring the best out of their players, however I would really like Lippi to be here if we have a stronger squad. Capello does a good job I agree but the main thing I dislike him is that he treated Maresca like sh!t. Other than that I'm fine with him. While Lippi is doing well in the Italian NT atm. I really like to see his crazy tactics in the WE 2006.

BTW this thread is mainly on the comparison between Lippi and Capello.

Aug 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Juventini_IL ] ++

what about the way we are playing this season?
Please read Capello's record then make your judgment. This season cannot overshadow his credibility. In fact, IMO Capello has done fairly well in his first season at Juventus given our situation. I for one am realistic and do not expect things to go smoothly in the first season. Even Ancelotti can do so much for Milan in his first season. Give Capello some time, at least show that much token of faith.

kthx

Mar 26, 2005
Capello's record isn't as good as people make it out to be. He had a successful stint at Milan in the early 90's, but then a disappointing one in the late 90's.

He managed to win the Primera Liga in Spain with Real, and then went on to win one scudetto in 5 years at Roma.

He won the Champions League once, and never again came close, even though he was managing the top two teams in CL history and a very strong Roma team.

If luck had been on our side, Lippi would have had 5 scudetti, 4 CL trophies, a Coppa Italia, and numerous super cups and IC cups to show for in his 7-8 years at Juve. But even without the luck, 5 scudetti, 1 CL (3 lost finals), 1 coppa italia, 1 intercontinental cup, 1 European Super Cup, a couple of Italian Super cups is quite a record.

Not that I want Lippi back at this point in time, Capello can have this season. Lippi for Coach 2005/6 :D ;)

Massimo

Oct 10, 2004
Lippi left and is now coach of italy in wich his goal is to be world champions..i think Lippi deserved to be the coach of italy but i also think and would burst out in tears again when he comes back at Juve..Capello will never be Lippi at Juventus but that was not what i expected so Capello does not have to leave..he should leave when we loose the scudetto:devil:

Massimo

Oct 10, 2004
few days later he won 0-1 in Milan just like he already beated Roma twice what did not happend for a long time ago either..he can stay:angel::D:cool:

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
++ [ originally posted by kthx ] ++
Capello's record isn't as good as people make it out to be. He had a successful stint at Milan in the early 90's, but then a disappointing one in the late 90's.

He managed to win the Primera Liga in Spain with Real, and then went on to win one scudetto in 5 years at Roma.

He won the Champions League once, and never again came close, even though he was managing the top two teams in CL history and a very strong Roma team.

If luck had been on our side, Lippi would have had 5 scudetti, 4 CL trophies, a Coppa Italia, and numerous super cups and IC cups to show for in his 7-8 years at Juve. But even without the luck, 5 scudetti, 1 CL (3 lost finals), 1 coppa italia, 1 intercontinental cup, 1 European Super Cup, a couple of Italian Super cups is quite a record.

Not that I want Lippi back at this point in time, Capello can have this season. Lippi for Coach 2005/6 :D ;)
I cant believe this....IF this, IF that, IF luck...
IF you talk about IFs then surely anobody could mention anything.
And you call the 5 scudettis without luck? we surely had one of those trophies WITH luck.:frown:

Lippi was great yes. But I think Capello is great too, he has coached more teams to success than Lippi, and u say Capello's record is over rated? You think it is that easy to bring different teams to success?:dazed:

Capello this season has gone further than all our expectations. I think we all thought this would be a transition year, but we managed to be first in serie A with 3 games to go, and a CL cup quarterfinal. Great compared to last season.:D

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Dr-Juve ] ++
cap is a great coach IMO, he managed to keep Juve on top since the begining in the presence of the following

disastrous players:
Appiah
Legro (half season)
Blasi
Zebina

most of the time injured:
neddy
trez
Kapo

not fit, this season compared to last one:
Zamb
DP Buffon
Buffon
Thuram

average:
Birind
pessotto
Zala
oliv

Great:
Emerson
Zlatan
Canna
Cammo

thats a great job IMO
Three out of four of your supposedly 'great' players werent even part of Lippi's squad, so it makes his achievements in the last three years all the more commendable if you ask me.

Lippi over Capello. No two ways about it.

kthx

Mar 26, 2005
++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++

I cant believe this....IF this, IF that, IF luck...
IF you talk about IFs then surely anobody could mention anything.
And you call the 5 scudettis without luck? we surely had one of those trophies WITH luck.:frown:

Lippi was great yes. But I think Capello is great too, he has coached more teams to success than Lippi, and u say Capello's record is over rated? You think it is that easy to bring different teams to success?:dazed:

Capello this season has gone further than all our expectations. I think we all thought this would be a transition year, but we managed to be first in serie A with 3 games to go, and a CL cup quarterfinal. Great compared to last season.:D
It was just one 'if' dude. I'm allowed an 'if' every now and then. ;)

Capello had success with different teams, true. But he did that over a longer period of time. He coached Milan and Roma for many years. He wasn't successful every year. He only managed to reach the CL final and win it once, even if the teams he managed were Real, Milan, and a very strong Roma. (I'm kind of repeating myself here).

Yes this year has been better than last year. But that's mainly due to the new players we brought over the summer, IMO. Last season's defensive partnership of Montero and Legrottaglie conceded 5 goals over two legs against Atalanta this year, Capello seemingly wasn't able to make them any better.

Our new midfield acquisitions of Emerson and Blasi are much better than Appiah, both weren't with us last season.

Cannavaro could very well be considered our best player this season, he too wasn't with us last season.

My point is Capello didn't discover hot water or anything like that. He was given new players, I believe that had Lippi been our manager this year, we would have done better, at least in the Champions League. Going out to Liverpool the way we did is just not acceptable.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Capello will always be personna non grata, achievements aside he coached Milan and Roma; I believe those are incentive enough to hate him. However, all fans care about is silverware so if he's succesful in getting some all will be forgotten just give it time boys

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++

Three out of four of your supposedly 'great' players werent even part of Lippi's squad, so it makes his achievements in the last three years all the more commendable if you ask me.

Lippi over Capello. No two ways about it.
did i say cap is better than lip

check the post again bro

all what i am saying is that cap has done a good job so far

lippi is my best

Lippi.am

Feb 18, 2004
Nobody in Juve will ever forget what Lippi had done for the Old Lady. But Lippi's era is in past. Present and future 2-3 years belong to Capello, who is also a great coach.
Capello has done good job this term. Yes, he had mistakes, but they are accebtable as he is just adapting to Juve.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
For one,I don't give a shit how well Capello did with any other team if he isn't going to replicate it in Juve.I'm not asking for success already in his first season,but Lippi did it with us.He arguably had a better team back then,but then so did Capello with Milan and Real.Lippi's track record with us is every bit as impressive as what Capello achieved,not to mention Lippi having to clear up the mess Ancelotti left behind.

It is folly to suggest that Capello is already a better coach for Juve than Lippi,in fact it's highly debatable if he ever was the better coach in his career.Lippi's achievements here ensure that he will remain THE coach amongst the fans for at least the next half a decade if not more because Capello will not bring us 4 CL finals any time soon,that is if he actually stays that long.Don't get me wrong,he's done a competent job this season;there have been mistakes and the squad seems less united than before,but nevertheless he has done good.Anyone can debate whether Lippi would've done as much with the current squad(which is without a doubt superior to the ones Lippi's had over the past three years) had he been in charge,but my guess is yes.And until Capello's achievements in Juve even remotely resemble Marcello's,it will stay that way.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Actually I think it's a bit premature to judge who is the better coach for Juventus, and considering this season isn't over yet we must wait and see where we finish in standings. So yes, if you would take one manager at the moment you will surely choose Lippi simply because he has the better record. Perhaps we should wait to see what Capello does during his time at Juventus to make a fair judgement on the matter.

Until then, this thread is worthless.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Exactly Andy.

We also have to consider the fact that Capello inherited a squad that was coming off the back of one of its worst seasons for a long time.

Our defence was an absolute shambles, and we didn't look a tiny bit like one of the most succesful teams in the world. If Capello manages to take out the scudetto this season, I'll be very much satisfied, because he had to pretty much build half the squad from scratch, and he's gotten some incredible performances out of players who otherwise had a very indifferent season last year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)