Marcello Lippi (2 Viewers)

loyada

Feb 6, 2005
last year collapse in the second part of the season was that the players knew that Lippi was leaving at the end the season , and lippi himself was not autoritary boss as he used to be ,and a bit complacent with the players.

In his first spell , Lippi was a very autoritary boss , had many arguments with most of the players (vialli,sousa,deschamps,baggio) because he wanted the best for them.

Lippi and Capello are both great coaches , similar in many cases.
Lippi was the most successfull juventus coach and no juventino will forget him , but the present belong to capello.

OP

delp_07

Jan 31, 2005
  • Thread Starter #23
    I still think that the players dont like playing for Capello, if you just seen Del PIero's face of late you would know that. He doesnt get the best out of his players like Lippi did. And Lippi took us to 4 champion league finals although we only won 1 of them i still have the utmost respect for him. And just to think what he could do with Zlatan is mind boggling. He would make him into a true champion like he made del piero into one.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by delp_07 ] ++
    I still think that the players dont like playing for Capello, if you just seen Del PIero's face of late you would know that. He doesnt get the best out of his players like Lippi did. And Lippi took us to 4 champion league finals although we only won 1 of them i still have the utmost respect for him. And just to think what he could do with Zlatan is mind boggling. He would make him into a true champion like he made del piero into one.
    mind Boggling??

If Lippi coach is the coach Zlatan wouldn't even be playing, he'd favor Del Piero like he did with Miccoli and Di Vaio.

I'd pick Capello and I'd say Capello DOES get the best from his players, if u take DP as the example then ofcourse u'd say he isn't liked, cos DP is benched.

I say 4 all of u who said we play too defensive under Capello then wake-up and see our SQUAD, defense is the only good thing we are capable of, if we play more offensive we'd be just like last year, we have no one but Zlatan to go forward.

Apr 25, 2005
    Lippi is the greatest coach that Juve ever had.but after the last season it was obvious that he'll leave.not just because the awful season we had,but also because he knew he's about to be the next national coach,no metter what Trap do in Euro 2004.
    in my opinion,Lippi is better coach then don Fabio.but he had to leave,and Capello is a great replacment for him.

kthx

Mar 26, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++

If Lippi coach is the coach Zlatan wouldn't even be playing, he'd favor Del Piero like he did with Miccoli and Di Vaio.

I'd pick Capello and I'd say Capello DOES get the best from his players, if u take DP as the example then ofcourse u'd say he isn't liked, cos DP is benched.

I say 4 all of u who said we play too defensive under Capello then wake-up and see our SQUAD, defense is the only good thing we are capable of, if we play more offensive we'd be just like last year, we have no one but Zlatan to go forward.
    You're comparing Zlatan to Miccoli and Di Vaio? That's a joke.

There's a difference between the players in our squad and the players in our team, we happen to have a great team but a weak squad. The only weaknesses in our team are arguably Blasi and Zebina.

We have the 2003 European Player of the Year in Nedved, one of the world's most promising talents in Zlatan, a consistent and skilled Camoranesi, one of the world's best defensive midfielders in Emerson, the best leftback in the world in Zambrotta, one of the world's best centre back duo in Thuram and Cannavaro, guarded by a goal keeper thought of by many as the best in the world, and lead by a very experienced Del Piero (who, IMO, also happens to be one of the most talented players in the world ).

Now tell me Capello is getting the best out of a team boasting these players.

Lippi was able to finish last season, according to isha00 :), with 7 points less than this season's Capello without Zlatan, Emerson, and Cannavaro. We had Appiah, Montero, and Legrottaglie.....Legrottaglie for crying out loud!

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
    cap is a great coach IMO, he managed to keep Juve on top since the begining in the presence of the following

disastrous players:
    Appiah
    Legro (half season)
    Blasi
    Zebina

most of the time injured:
    neddy
    trez
    Kapo

not fit, this season compared to last one:
    Zamb
    DP Buffon
    Buffon
    Thuram

average:
    Birind
    pessotto
    Zala
    oliv

Great:
    Emerson
    Zlatan
    Canna
    Cammo

thats a great job IMO

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++
    Capello for certain. He has got loads out of a crap squad.
    Oh, how great. He could have made a quality squad as well. Why doesn't anyone here realises that? Capello got the players he wanted.

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Dr-Juve ] ++

not fit, this season compared to last one:
    Zamb
    DP Buffon
    Buffon
    Thuram
    Are u telling me that DP and to Thuram are doing worse than last year? :eek:

Anyway yes, Legro and Appiah are disatrous, but Capello has alternatives to them that Lippi hadn't

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Crap squad? How can you have players like Thuram, Cannavaro, Emerson, Buffon, Zambrotta, Camoranesi, Zlatan, Trez, Nedved, Dp, Zlatan and Camoranesi and say you have a crap squad.

And for non starters and the rest, Zebina, Blasi, Appiah, Kapo, Tacchinardi, Zalayeta, pessotto and Birindelli are serieA material so how can you say he has a crap squad.

He has the added bonus of having not too many players of equal quality and status so as not to have to deal with too many prima donnas and playing players just so they are not too unhappy like Mancini has to deal with at Inter.

He has a settled squad with little tweaking to deal with, he has referees and linesmen who help him do a cushy job

Lippi was made for Juve so its unfair to compare them

I don't like Capello's philosophy on football as its of the negative , results the only that counts, how you play does not matter.

His whole philosphy is based on a good defence and a solid defensive midfielder and physical attackers.

Most of this squad has been together 4 about 4 years and more and still no pattern of play from a supposedly great coach.

I would not mind coming third or 4th if we play good football and had a pattern cos i know next season we will be better and actually be in a shout to win the Cl but as long as Moggi and his philosophy and Capello and his negative , no sense playing tactics are there we would not win it

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    Crap squad? How can you have players like Thuram, Cannavaro, Emerson, Buffon, Zambrotta, Camoranesi, Zlatan, Trez, Nedved, Dp, Zlatan and Camoranesi and say you have a crap squad.

And for non starters and the rest, Zebina, Blasi, Appiah, Kapo, Tacchinardi, Zalayeta, pessotto and Birindelli are serieA material so how can you say he has a crap squad.

He has the added bonus of having not too many players of equal quality and status so as not to have to deal with too many prima donnas and playing players just so they are not too unhappy like Mancini has to deal with at Inter.

He has a settled squad with little tweaking to deal with, he has referees and linesmen who help him do a cushy job

Lippi was made for Juve so its unfair to compare them

I don't like Capello's philosophy on football as its of the negative , results the only that counts, how you play does not matter.

His whole philosphy is based on a good defence and a solid defensive midfielder and physical attackers.

Most of this squad has been together 4 about 4 years and more and still no pattern of play from a supposedly great coach.

I would not mind coming third or 4th if we play good football and had a pattern cos i know next season we will be better and actually be in a shout to win the Cl but as long as Moggi and his philosophy and Capello and his negative , no sense playing tactics are there we would not win it
    I know Zlatan and camo have been very very good this season, but they still arent 2 players yet.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
    I feel that if Lippi stayed this season he wouldn't have let go on Maresca.

I like Lippi more than Capello, I really think that Lippi is a better coach that managed to extract the best out of the whole team.
    BUT TRUTH HAS TO BE SAID. This season belongs to Capello, with him we have reached this season to this point. He deserves to finish i"t :) ..
    I remember Sir Lippi's words when he was asked if he was going to field the first line (the line that plays Serie A and CL) in the Coppa italia final. He said "NO. Those player who have reached this game with their work. Its unfair to replace them just because its the final.. Because.. its their final. There is not such a thing as a sub in Juve. All players are equal. We spread them out in different trophies because no player can play all games"

:cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)