Maradona is the new coach of Argentina NT (1 Viewer)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Word! Honestly, he's a legend and all, but he doesn't seem to bright to me, and the kind of respect he would get is the awe that players would get when they meet him. Eventually when they wears off, he wouldn't be able to demand much respect IMO, he wouldn't be taken seriously. Might as well get Tyrone Biggums to coach.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Word! Honestly, he's a legend and all, but he doesn't seem to bright to me, and the kind of respect he would get is the awe that players would get when they meet him. Eventually when they wears off, he wouldn't be able to demand much respect IMO, he wouldn't be taken seriously. Might as well get Tyrone Biggums to coach.
exactly

its the equivalent of having lawrence taylor coaching the giants

the guy was the greatest LB of all time, he revolutionized the position of line backer.

but i wouldn't want the guy to coach a team or do anything of such high responsibility or regard

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
Maradona is a God in Argentina so grant him his wish and let him "coach" the team for a few games. imo this is just a big publicity stunt and like someone said earlier he will only be temp and fill the gap.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Ален;1786933 said:
He's 48. He's young to die but he's not young to become a coach.
:lol2:
The average age of becoming coach has been reduced lately. Diego is four years older than Jurgen Klinsmann and not to mention that J.K became the NT coach at the age of 40 and he did definitely well.

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
What a foolish move by the Argentinian football federation.
This guy is a legend on the field, but he's a wanker outside. But oh well it seems like they only look at his positive side. Remember when he got owned by Gentile the whole game long:seven:

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I actually don't believe in him making a good coach but heck I like the guy and I wish him the best though I'm not a fan of the Argentina NT as a whole.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
It's going to be a hell of a training camp to see the likes of Messi trying to run through tires with his nose coated in blow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)