Manuel Locatelli (13 Viewers)

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
So what you're saying is the numbers say he's good?

@DanielSz you're a stats robot, what say you to deez numerals?
I mainly use stats to confirm or deny what I’m seeing because they don’t always paint the whole picture. In this case, I always thought Loca got a lot of shit for things out of his control, like playing out of position in a role he’s not really made for. I’d like to see him under Motta, he’s a much better fit for his system, just needs to play next to someone more technical. Not a coincidence he looked best when he was playing with Fagioli.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
okay, a few surprises here, based on squawka and fbref (both use opta as far as i know):
- he's really the best midfielder in passes into the final third. only di lorenzo has more similar passes in the whole league. potential explanation: he plays much deeper than any other cm lol. when it comes to passes into the penalty area though, he's only 38th in the league
- could be the same reason with forward passes. btw barella has a few more of those according to squawka
- as for tackles, frendrup, éderson and de roon is the top3 with 122, 77 and 75; locatelli has 58, 13th in the league overall, so that one is certainly an inaccurate stat in that tweet. and i realized why we wanted felipe anderson: he has 71 tackles lol
- blocked shots: 14 is indeed the best among midfielders. then again, he plays deeper than danilo usually, so there's that
- long passes: best mid indeed, higher than some goalkeepers (who usually top this list)

those aren't bad at all. maybe he just plays way too deep. now i want to see a more proactive setup even more lol
Are those successful forward passes and successful long passes as in succesfully completed or just attempted passes? If so i wonder what’s the actual success rate on them because just trying more than others and failing at it more often than not isn’t really an great achievement.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Are those successful forward passes and successful long passes as in succesfully completed or just attempted passes? If so i wonder what’s the actual success rate on them because just trying more than others and failing at it more often than not isn’t really an great achievement.
It’s a great achievement depending on whom you ask

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
okay, a few surprises here, based on squawka and fbref (both use opta as far as i know):
- he's really the best midfielder in passes into the final third. only di lorenzo has more similar passes in the whole league. potential explanation: he plays much deeper than any other cm lol. when it comes to passes into the penalty area though, he's only 38th in the league
- could be the same reason with forward passes. btw barella has a few more of those according to squawka
- as for tackles, frendrup, éderson and de roon is the top3 with 122, 77 and 75; locatelli has 58, 13th in the league overall, so that one is certainly an inaccurate stat in that tweet. and i realized why we wanted felipe anderson: he has 71 tackles lol
- blocked shots: 14 is indeed the best among midfielders. then again, he plays deeper than danilo usually, so there's that
- long passes: best mid indeed, higher than some goalkeepers (who usually top this list)

those aren't bad at all. maybe he just plays way too deep. now i want to see a more proactive setup even more lol
Not exactly a huge surprise for people who actually watch a game without judging beforehand.

"No matter how good you are, a pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
How will we be able to cope without his forward passes, creativity in the final 3rd and long range passing in the upcoming Coppa final? It’s going to be a tough one.

- - - Updated - - -

Will Fagioli be eligible for it?

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
He has a bad habit of making slide tackles that are totally unnecessary, that yellow card can surely be avoided. A proper coach should have told him to stop doing that. Oh wait, did I say a proper coach?

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Our best players are defensive ones because we only play shitty defensive football. Sideways passing and creeping forward slowly is how we attack, you'll never see anything good from Locatelli with this shitty gameplan. Last night was no different. We played to go through 0-0 and even after the first goal, we still tried to hold on for 1-0. It was disgusting from Allegri. The moment we went to 4-3-3, we spread out a little and scored the goal. Locatelli will be decent once he has runners in attacking positions to pass to. He holds the ball and can only make meaningless passes to players who aren't even allowed to go forward. Watch him during his Sassuolo days, he's good in modern systems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)