Manuel Locatelli (10 Viewers)

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
He is prime example of what can a terrorist coach make out of you.

He'll be good again under Motta
He’s been one of the most cuddled Allegri players throughout his 2nd stint, guy even talked about him as potential future captain while hardly doing anything to warrant that, doubt his several mediocre performances are just on the coach alone despite him being delusional enough to insist on him as a regista when he sure is no regista, but that’s also because he is either too slow or hides from the ball in any other midfield role.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Locatelli is your stereotypical Italian water carrier midfielder. Will never be elite or world class(I mean he's almost 27 ffs) but he can be useful if playing alongside elite midfield talents so that he can hide around them and ride their coattails.

If you expect him to lead the midfield, then this is the result you're going to get. There's only so much you can blame the coach on and I absolutely hate Allegro.

If you think he'll suddenly transform into a WC CM under a new coach, then be prepared to be severely disappointed.

Last edited:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
He'll be fine again with some fucking footballers around him. Right now he's surrounded by guys playing hide and seek or expecting him to make a pinpoint 50-metres pass all the time.
So the reason he can't complete one single simple pass is because the players around him suck?

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
So the reason he can't complete one single simple pass is because the players around him suck?
But he can and he does. Thing is he's the only one with a decent passing range (maybe with Danilo too) at the back and so he's basically trying all the difficult forward passes and he's not Pirlo. But we're asking him to be...

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
But he can and he does. Thing is he's the only one with a decent passing range (maybe with Danilo too) at the back and so he's basically trying all the difficult forward passes and he's not Pirlo. But we're asking him to be...
Go look at his statistics recently and then continue this so called discussion. You are too biased for my liking anyway. Bye

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I’d be fine with him if he at least succesfully completed some of those once in a while….

However his long diagonal passes and vision to put through a teammate are completely lacking and on average probably manages to hit at most 10 out of each 50 attempts at it, which says it all.
It shouldn't be the DM's responsibility to play those.

- - - Updated - - -

Go look at his statistics recently and then continue this so called discussion. You are too biased for my liking anyway. Bye
I did and I saw he completed a pass on friday so the hatred is the bias again. It's not a coincidence he's drowning together with the dropping quality of the squad. Bye.

Xperd put it perfectly. He'll be fine when relieved of playmaking duties.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
I’m glad his supporters can see through a career of mediocrity minus 1-2 szns of upper mediocrity to evaluate and overhype another garbage player bc he’s eye tallyin
Not me, I see his continuous poor play. He's signed through 2028 so who's going to take him without generating a loss? Best to see if a new manager can elevate his play in more defensive than offensive mid position. For me it's like that for Chiesa and others on this team.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
So in other words, he’s basically useless and the only reason why he’s here is because he’s Italian.

Thank you.
Clubs like JJ and Union give too much leeway for local players in general. Although in the past JJ were a bit more professional and would shitcan players like Locatelli and coaches like Allegro for poor performance regardless of nationality. You can't expect too much from this board. We don't have a professional management.

Look at Union as well. Players like Mctominay, Rashford, Maguire etc start for them despite sucking for years. I just saw them blow a 3-0 lead to Coventry City.

These are not serious football clubs.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
no way those are real stats for the full season. it would be shocking if he had the most forward passes, passes into final 3rd or tackles among midfielders

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
okay, a few surprises here, based on squawka and fbref (both use opta as far as i know):
- he's really the best midfielder in passes into the final third. only di lorenzo has more similar passes in the whole league. potential explanation: he plays much deeper than any other cm lol. when it comes to passes into the penalty area though, he's only 38th in the league
- could be the same reason with forward passes. btw barella has a few more of those according to squawka
- as for tackles, frendrup, éderson and de roon is the top3 with 122, 77 and 75; locatelli has 58, 13th in the league overall, so that one is certainly an inaccurate stat in that tweet. and i realized why we wanted felipe anderson: he has 71 tackles lol
- blocked shots: 14 is indeed the best among midfielders. then again, he plays deeper than danilo usually, so there's that
- long passes: best mid indeed, higher than some goalkeepers (who usually top this list)

those aren't bad at all. maybe he just plays way too deep. now i want to see a more proactive setup even more lol

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
okay, a few surprises here, based on squawka and fbref (both use opta as far as i know):
- he's really the best midfielder in passes into the final third. only di lorenzo has more similar passes in the whole league. potential explanation: he plays much deeper than any other cm lol. when it comes to passes into the penalty area though, he's only 38th in the league
- could be the same reason with forward passes. btw barella has a few more of those according to squawka
- as for tackles, frendrup, éderson and de roon is the top3 with 122, 77 and 75; locatelli has 58, 13th in the league overall, so that one is certainly an inaccurate stat in that tweet. and i realized why we wanted felipe anderson: he has 71 tackles lol
- blocked shots: 14 is indeed the best among midfielders. then again, he plays deeper than danilo usually, so there's that
- long passes: best mid indeed, higher than some goalkeepers (who usually top this list)

those aren't bad at all. maybe he just plays way too deep. now i want to see a more proactive setup even more lol
So what you're saying is the numbers say he's good?

@DanielSz you're a stats robot, what say you to deez numerals?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)