Manuel Locatelli (85 Viewers)

Apr 17, 2013
Honestly I can't stand this player anymore. He's useless. He's slow, he's not creative, he makes mistakes even on simple passes, he makes stupid sliding tackles because he's always late. At the high level, he is basically a defensive midfielder who only knows how to break down opponents' attacks, he doesn't know how to do anything else.

We always have a punchbag , for years it was Bernardeski. He has to leave for the good of the club, he's a dead weight, and for him too people see his level and it's not going to improve.

He has been at the club for 3 years, we understand his limits, when does he receive his sanction?

Last edited:

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Honestly I can't stand this player anymore. He's useless. He's slow, he's not creative, he makes mistakes even on simple passes, he makes stupid sliding tackles because he's always late. At the high level, he is basically a defensive midfielder who only knows how to break down opponents' attacks, he doesn't know how to do anything else.

We always have a punchbag , for years it was Bernardeski. He has to leave for the good of the club, he's a dead weight, and for him too people see his level and it's not going to improve.

He has been at the club for 3 years, we understand his limits, when does he receive his sanction?
He just signed a contract extension till 2028 with increase in wages close to 3.5 million euros per year.

Apr 17, 2013
He just signed a contract extension till 2028 with increase in wages close to 3.5 million euros per year.
I understand the choice of our managers, we must secure a jewel like him as much as possible, in the event that Bayern or City make an offer we will be in a strong position to negotiate.

He's as painful to read as he's to watch, what a loser's speech.. He's tired, poor child, 5 competitions next year, you have a whole stock of excuses for next season. In a competitive team he should be a 4th choice.

Manuel Locatelli thanks ex-Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri but insists the Bianconeri must change their playing style next season through ‘organisation’ and ‘ball possession.’

The Italian midfielder spoke to DAZN after a 3-3 draw against Bologna.

The Old Lady completed an incredible comeback. Thiago Motta’s side dominated for 70 minutes, taking a three-goal lead, but the Bianconeri scored three goals in eight minutes securing a vital point at the Dall’Ara.

“It’s better to talk about the reaction, because if we speak about the first half…as always, we must be balanced and objective,” said Locatelli.

“The first half was unacceptable. Of course, a [Coppa Italia] Final takes energy away from you, but we can’t play like that. At the end of the day, we collected a draw and it’s not a coincidence.”

The last one was a troubled week for Juventus. They did win the Coppa Italia, their first trophy in three years, but saw Allegri leave the club after his breakdowns in Rome.

Allegri was sacked by Juventus due to his behaviour. He had a year left in his contract with the Old Lady.

“I think this season has to finish because it was difficult for everyone, but in the end, we won the Coppa Italia. This is the reality,” said Locatelli.

“First of all, it was a relief to win the first trophy. Winning is all that matters at Juventus and we did it so this was an important step and a starting point. Of course, we all lived through what happened very closely. [Sacking Allegri] It was a decision from the club, we must thank the coach [Allegri] because he gave us a lot. We focused more on the victory because one must enjoy the good moments.”

There had been growing reports over the last few months that Juventus would have sacked Allegri anyway. Did these rumours influence the players?

“No, because, regardless of rumours about the coach, there are speculations about each one of us every day, so if we listen to everything they say, we no longer live,” admitted Locatelli.

“We must be calm, have balance, talk between us and talk to the club.

“One loves or hates Juventus. The others hate Juventus; those who love it are just we, Juventini. Surely we should have done better after games against Inter and Empoli.”

Locatelli thanks Allegri but urges Juventus to make more key changes
DAZN pundit Massimo Ambrosini asked Locatelli where he thinks Juventus should start next season, and the reply was very honest.

“We must be objective and try to play more and keep the ball,” he said.

“I think it is important for my characteristics to keep the ball. I am not blaming anyone, but it’s a fact that in some games, we made many technical errors, so this had an impact because when you don’t have the ball, you must run to win back possession. When the others have the ball and are organised, you struggle more because you get irritated with your teammates and it’s not good. So you must be organised, keep the ball more and make better decisions in the game. We must start from here.”

Lastly, Locatelli was asked his thoughts on Thiago Motta’s Bologna.

“I am a football enthusiast and I watch many games. Congratulations to Bologna and their coach, who has built an important environment,” he said.

“I want to mention Mihajlovic as well because I think he built the foundation for this Bologna and they’ve reached this result for him as well. So congratulations to them.”

Juve-Fan-Iraq

Oct 7, 2023
i would have said passing and maybe some defensive stuff but this is as underwhelming as it gets

1716274493367.png

pirlo/pjanic in a wheelchair had more football in them than current locatelli. we'll see how he performs in a different setup. it's clear that he's not a regista at all.
I think passing % is really bad for a regista and a play composer. I think he'd be better in a double pivot or mezzala but he's so slow and that concerns me. He is a player that should be worried for his future at the club imo

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
When he's been played as a double pivot, he's been worse. Other than sliding all over the pitch, even when not warranted, not really sure what he adds to the team.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
remember when members here also questioned what marchisio offered the team?

remember his name being casper because he would go missing in games?

wow a change of coach fixed that didn't it?

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
He’s a good complementary midfielder- like if you have two very good midfielders, he can complement them well- like in the Italy team.
But in our midfield, he is simply lost.
Anxious to see that he makes the 26 man team. As bad as he's been for Juve prior Italy success should guarantee him a spot and maybe starting? If Loca does well this summer gives me hope a different manager can get the best out of him.

An Italy that was once dominated by Juve players now looks like only Chiesa, Cambiaso and Loca will be on it. Loca signed til 2028 and if his play improves, Juve will get their money's worth.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015

Marchisio’s case was different though, we expected a lot of him in terms of unlocking games with his creativity or making slick runs in the box, while instead he would often resort to just playing it safe and only getting the basics right without much risks…. with Locatelli however we are dealing with someone that we no longer expect much of while he also can’t even get the basics right to the point that he is becoming a liability.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I wouldn't hesitate with a swap between Locatelli with Koopmeiners
i don't think anyone would, but they play very different positions. koopmeiners is a prototype attacking mid, and since sarri's failed experiments with ramsey et al, we haven't even tried anyone in that position

could be "our ferguson" under motta though. and we'd still need cm's

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003

Haha! I remember those days. I even remember the days in the Xtratime forum when members were critical of trezeguet saying if he didn't score he didn't offer anything else...we were once spoilt brats.

Back to loca...he can be better...we have seen it in the past. Just needs a manager to bring him back to life. Change is needed.

I'll never understand how allegri played him so long in that role when he never played well. He never changed things around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 76)