Manuel Locatelli (8 Viewers)

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
His potential is wasted in front of the defence. Waiting Allegri to wake up and realise this is futile though.

Изпратено от моят XQ-AU52 с помощта на Tapatalk

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
This guy as DM is more creative than all of our other midfielders combined.
one of the reasons why a similar 4-2-3-1 could work, especially when danilo's back

playing 4 cm's when that's our weakest department doesn't make any sense. loca with one of snack, benta and rabiot could be all right against most teams

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
I just can't believe people watch him play this season and complain he is not playing in a good position/role etc.

Considering everything I'd say he has been our best player this season, up there with Dybala.

Bentancur was fantastic too tonight, but get him an upgrade of that type and we're golden if we plan to continue with 2 man midfield formations.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I just can't believe people watch him play this season and complain he is not playing in a good position/role etc.

Considering everything I'd say he has been our best player this season, up there with Dybala.

Bentancur was fantastic too tonight, but get him an upgrade of that type and we're golden if we plan to continue with 2 man midfield formations.
Lol, he is, pal. He would just be better with someone else behind/next to him who can dictate play. Probably best in a 3-man mid but Dybala fucks up that option.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Lol, he is, pal. He would just be better with someone else behind/next to him who can dictate play. Probably best in a 3-man mid but Dybala fucks up that option.
Well that's what I've been saying. Get him a Zakaria/Tchouameni, even Witsel type. Someone who can hold the midfield with him both physically and technically. Jorginho is not it for a two man mid and Locatelli does not have the characteristics to play a pure btb role in an Allegri system.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
He's been very good for us indeed. The issue is: we have none like him, something needs to be done about that. Rovella would easily be that guy but it'd suck to cut his loan short tbh. He definitely needs that playing time he's getting at Genoa.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Great player. That through ball to Kulusevski in the second half was superb.
Our new Marchisio.

Kind of different role he plays, but he still somehow reminds me of him. Some excelling passes tonight and a few crucial and vital interceptions and blocks. He’s pretty complete.

As we’ve repeated in his thread since the season started; bring someone of his level or better to play alongside him and we can finally solve the midfield issue.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I dunno, he played in a double pivot for Sassuolo for two seasons and he was excellent there. But tbh even as a B2B in a three man midfield or as a holding mid, he is comfortable anywhere in the middle of the field. He’s a really intelligent player and that’s what this team is crying out for in abundance.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Well that's what I've been saying. Get him a Zakaria/Tchouameni, even Witsel type. Someone who can hold the midfield with him both physically and technically. Jorginho is not it for a two man mid and Locatelli does not have the characteristics to play a pure btb role in an Allegri system.
That is bullshit, I'm afraid. Allegri always was the 4-3 and then we'll see guy. He's just using this stupid hybrid formation because we only have 2 decent ones but he'll always prefer 3 if given the options. Hence why he's insisting on this forced 4-4-2 with 3 center mids...

Also Zakaria and Witsel can obviously not dictate play. I don't know Tchouameni enough to judge him on that.

Last edited:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
That is bullshit, I'm afraid. Allegri always was the 4-3 and then we'll see guy. He's just using this stupid hybrid formation because we only have 2 decent ones but he'll always prefer 3 if given the options. Hence why he's insisting on this forced 4-4-2 with 3 center mids...

Also Zakaria and Witsel can obviously not dictate play. I don't know Tchouameni enough to judge him on that.
Forget about Tchouameni, but we can target Gravenberch. He can actually dictate play and has an expiring contract in 2023. We just need to suck Raiola's dick for him though.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
and btw, this is why u cant take stats all that seriously.
Whoscored rating against Genoa:
1638776290721.png

WhoScored rating against Salernitana:
1638776279543.png

Now tell me something, did any1 in ur mind thought, when watching the game that Benta is having better, or even close game to Locatelli?
He looked like a completly lost men while Loca was making whole play, doing defensive stuff and sending forward passes. It was the same in both games.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
and btw, this is why u cant take stats all that seriously.
Whoscored rating against Genoa:
1638776290721.png

WhoScored rating against Salernitana:
1638776279543.png

Now tell me something, did any1 in ur mind thought, when watching the game that Benta is having better, or even close game to Locatelli?
He looked like a completly lost men while Loca was making whole play, doing defensive stuff and sending forward passes. It was the same in both games.
stats can be useful when you break them down. locatelli's passing is much better, he offers more in the holding game too, but bentancur is probably our only mid who's consistently capable of visible amount of tackles and interceptions. that makes him a bit invisible, not a lot of fans appreciate a tackle (unless it's the demiral type of brootz lol). tackles + interceptions combined for these two games: benta 7+4, locatelli 1+1, huge difference in measurable defensive contribution. plus add duels (whoscored won't have that) and it gets even more interesting: 5/11 won for benta, 1/5 for loca yesterday, didn't check salernitana.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

"i had goosebumps twice since i've been here. the first one when i signed the contract that said juve fc on it, and the 2nd one when i saw my shirt in the stadium with my name on it. i kissed it and said "manuel, now you're here, it's time to play"

:scarf1:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)