Manuel Locatelli (28 Viewers)

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Back to his usual average self, hopefully however he is just still a bit rusty after his injury and will steadily get back in form.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
The highlight of this champion yesterday was when he was deep inside our half, had the ball for a long time, no one challenging him, takes his time and then proceeds to measure a pin pointed pass outside of Genoa's goal line.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
The highlight of this champion yesterday was when he was deep inside our half, had the ball for a long time, no one challenging him, takes his time and then proceeds to measure a pin pointed pass outside of Genoa's goal line.
he was shit yesterday, but even on his better days, he's still a regista who's better without the ball than with it. jj 2023 for you baby :tuttosport:

Boksic

May 11, 2005
he was shit yesterday, but even on his better days, he's still a regista who's better without the ball than with it. jj 2023 for you baby :tuttosport:
I like him but I've seen very little to suggest that he is capable of being a top regista. To me he is a pure DM and does a very good job protecting the defence.

The ideal situation is him being in the team as a DM and at least one of the other two mids being the creator and having freedom to go forward. It probably would have worked well with Pogba or even Fagioli but Rabiot/McKennie/Miretti aren't good enough at passing or attacking. So we are stuck with 3 mids where none are particularly good at creating and more reliant on Locatelli to build than we should be.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2011
I like him but I've seen very little to suggest that he is capable of being a top regista. To me he is a pure DM and does a very good job protecting the defence.

The ideal situation is him being in the team as a DM and at least one of the other two mids being the creator and having freedom to go forward. It probably would have worked well with Pogba or even Fagioli but Rabiot/McKennie/Miretti aren't good enough at passing or attacking. So we are stuck with 3 mids where none are particularly good at creating and more relent on Locatelli to build than we should be.
Well... we lost both Pogba and Fagioli. That didn't help. I have a feeling we'll bring in somebody like Sudokov in January. Miretti also has been a huge disappointment this season.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Protected the defence brilliantly tonight and was tidy with the ball too.
I dont disagree, but, he needs to get on the ball more often...in that role, where he is our best passer in midfield, he should be receiving it all the ball from that deep position so much more. I know our defenders like to hoof it up the field to the forwards but I think if he was there to receive it deeper the hoofing wouldn't happen as much.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I dont disagree, but, he needs to get on the ball more often...in that role, where he is our best passer in midfield, he should be receiving it all the ball from that deep position so much more. I know our defenders like to hoof it up the field to the forwards but I think if he was there to receive it deeper the hoofing wouldn't happen as much.
You want Locatelli to receive a pass facing our goal 30m from goal with a guy pressing? :scared:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)