Manuel Locatelli (44 Viewers)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Clearly the future leader of that midfield. Now we just need to find the right players to complement him and make it a solid midfield. Don't think any other current midfielder are a part of that future.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
I hope Arthur gets inspired by his presence and starts performing, I see them coexisting well. This guy instantly improves our midfield, I’m glad we managed to sign him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Clearly the future leader of that midfield. Now we just need to find the right players to complement him and make it a solid midfield. Don't think any other current midfielder are a part of that future.
I have a somewhat deluded train of thought that Arthur could still turn out to be a good player for us. But we still desperately need another CM badly and we need to bin the likes of Ramsey, Rabiot and Bentancur ASAP.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
I have a somewhat deluded train of thought that Arthur could still turn out to be a good player for us. But we still desperately need another CM badly and we need to bin the likes of Ramsey, Rabiot and Bentancur ASAP.
I’m baffled how Ramsey is still here and getting minutes on top. I will never understand his transfer, one of the worst in the recent years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Locatelli
Tchouameni
Rovella

They compliment each other perfect. Tchouameni spends most of his time towards the right according to his heat map. Loca is more on the left. Rovella regista

Last edited:

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I still think the Arthur bashing was exaggerated. We clearly played better with him in midfield last year. If he can stay healthy and with some consistency from Allegri I think he will be a top quality midfielder for us.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
I still think the Arthur bashing was exaggerated. We clearly played better with him in midfield last year. If he can stay healthy and with some consistency from Allegri I think he will be a top quality midfielder for us.
Its hard to be optimistic over a player who looks dead after 65 mins of playing and it was like that even before his injury. We looked better with him at first and thats true - we were avoiding the pressing so easily thanks to him, but will Max style benefit from it? Right now I can see that more long passes are beign used by our mids and Im not sure if i have seen Arthur doing a succesful long pass for us yet.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Its hard to be optimistic over a player who looks dead after 65 mins of playing and it was like that even before his injury. We looked better with him at first and thats true - we were avoiding the pressing so easily thanks to him, but will Max style benefit from it? Right now I can see that more long passes are beign used by our mids and Im not sure if i have seen Arthur doing a succesful long pass for us yet.
:tup: all of this.

The one time I recall he attempted a long vertical pass over the top was against Porto in the return leg. Morty began a run, and Arthur put a perfect ball over the top to send him through on goal which Morty buried with a good finish that should have put us into QFs. Unfortunately, Arthur took way too long to actually initiate his pass and what should have been well onside was offside because of his dawdling with the ball.

He has the capability to make long passes, but it seems pretty hardwired into him to just make short sideways passes.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
You won't get long balls from a tiki taka mold, Xavi and Iniesta worshipping player. But it's almost impossible to steal the ball from him, and he's very very good technically. There's no question about his technical ability, and you didn't need every player to send long balls.

Have to find out how mature he's mentally and if he'll be injury prone.

Don't expect his best anytime soon, my guess not till business end of season. Guy hasn't had preseason in two years and hasn't consistently played 90 mins for two seasons whether it's for getting frozen out/not being in Barca's plans or injuries.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
You're not the only one my guy. Jeers will turn into applause.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I’m optimistic about Arthur, but maybe it’s just desperation because he doesn’t seem very professional to me. Beyond some off field stuff, his conditioning has been an issue... never seen a guy struggle as much as he did last season. Max also wants his mids making runs into the box, something dumb and dumber (you know who) can at least do. Can’t see Arthur fitting unless he’s able to play regista. There’s value in a guy that can keep possession, especially on a team that employs dumb and dumber.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)