Manuel Locatelli - DM - Sassuolo (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Even Tuz darling Verratti gets them

- - - Updated - - -

I agree. We need a second midfielder for sure. Someone who can provide a threat in the opposition's final third. Whether its shooting, link up play, clever runs or through balls etc someone who offers that threat high up the pitch so we aren't so reliant on Cuadrado
That depends on what actually Pirlo wants to play. If he plays 433 then your point is perfectly valid but so far he's been using that hybrid bullshit aka 352 that transforms into 442. In both the important part is that CR7 no longer plays on the wing + the fact that he needs a CF/SS next to him (Morata or makeshift Kulu).

Lately it looks more and more like 442 to me - in that case you'd expect your wingers to get the goals and assists. Holding mids will have significantly lower numbers and that's fine. The issue here is that Kulu hasn't been that good when it comes o the numbers and while Chiesa is doing very well we have literally no rotation options on the wing (I don't count Berna here, he's been useless so far).

Buy on AliExpress.com

ilmetronome

Sep 16, 2020
Of course he alone won't enough for us. We still need creative mid.
For me, locatelli-pogba/sms would be ideal.
Pogba/sms can do many things include defending. With mckennie as btb it will be perfect. Or duo loca-arthur and pogba/sms as a btb.

But maybe it would be too difficult. Loca-aouar/de paul will be more realistic.
Whoever creative mid we buy, i think locatelli is a must. I don't know other names that more suited in that role in our system than him.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Reckon we'll just finalize Wes and Locatelli for XI. Sign a backup SM-AM for Wes (Ramsey/Berna replacement). And maybe get rid of Rabiot's salary and replace him with Rovella/facsimile.

I'd be content with that.

Wes - Locatelli - Arthur - Chiesa
(?) - (Ben10, Rovella, Wes) -

Not the very best mid in the world but finally an actual good, working, balanced one.
Great again no creative mid.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I like Locatelli and would like us to sign him but seems to be very overrated here.

He alone won't solve our midfield problems and we badly lack a starting quality midfielder with a goal threat. Then again having a competent coach would go a long way to improving our midfield too.
That's what bothers me most, we won't be looking for more midfielders if we get him. They will go and say that we have to sell in order to buy

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I mean you're not alone. Not saying he's a bad player but it really says a lot about the current state we're in when he's our top transfer target this summer. We need a Barella or an SMS-type purchase.
You probably would have been saying the same thing about Barella two years ago when we were looking at him and Inter got him instead. :p

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
You probably would have been saying the same thing about Barella two years ago when we were looking at him and Inter got him instead. :p
I'm basing my targets off players who are already proven though. Barella is a top European midfielder. Of course Locatelli has the potential to grow, but a player like that who still needs to prove himself should be secondary to our main and most necessary target atm which is getting an already proven WC midfielder. This team badly needs it, but sadly I don't think we can afford it. Unless of course we go FIFA career mode style and sell all the deadwood en masse, however unrealistic that may be.

Locatelli, Pogba/SMS would be very nice, as someone has already said.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I'm basing my targets off players who are already proven though. Barella is a top European midfielder. Of course Locatelli has the potential to grow, but a player like that who still needs to prove himself should be secondary to our main and most necessary target atm which is getting an already proven WC midfielder. This team badly needs it, but sadly I don't think we can afford it. Unless of course we go FIFA career mode style and sell all the deadwood en masse, however unrealistic that may be.

Locatelli, Pogba/SMS would be very nice, as someone has already said.
My point was that Barella wasn’t a “top European midfielder” two years ago when we had the opportunity to buy him. Instead we fucked up and let him go to Inter where he made those final steps to becoming a top European midfielder.

Pogba sucks ass and hasn’t been a top CM for a couple years now, two years of injuries and shit performances, with zero productivity. Paying a big fee and insane wages for that would be terrible.

I’d rather get two young, hungry and driven mids on the verge of becoming top class CMs. Locatelli + Aouar for example. They can take that final step here.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I surely won't judge based on tonights match only but what I saw tonight was nothing special. He had plenty of short passes, but nothing to be proud of really. Plus he had one major ala Arthur fuck up that almost costed Italy goal. Looked rather average imo.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Yeah not a good match from him.

Also put of position, first match he has played as regista for Italy, looked less comfortable. Maybe this convinces people that he isnt a "Busquets type" player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)