Manuel Locatelli - DM - Sassuolo (154 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
We traded Pjanic for him. He started for us. Arthur hardly plays
I've noticed. My point was that, as of now, looks like it wasn't a well thought out acquisition in general. He doesn't start often because he doesn't really seem to fit.

Like a lot of our acquisitions they saw an individual they thought was good and acquired him.

Maybe he will adapt to Italy? I don't fucking know dude

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I've noticed. My point was that, as of now, looks like it wasn't a well thought out acquisition in general. He doesn't start often because he doesn't really seem to fit.

Like a lot of our acquisitions they saw an individual they thought was good and acquired him.

Maybe he will adapt to Italy? I don't fucking know dude
lol stop screaming at me

I’m sure he will be fine it’s his fitness issues holding him back. He seems to be an intelligent player

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
This guy is a must. If Traore keeps improving/being on an upward trajectory, then bring him in too.

We also need someone of a higher level - I have no idea who that can possibly be. Maybe Aouar?

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
We traded Pjanic for him. He started for us. Arthur hardly plays
He wouldn't have started any further. And he's not starting full-time at Barca either. Still think we won that deal. Too bad he's very injury prone because he has great qualities.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
I’d be ok with him if we would come as complementary to another truly world class CM that we might be bringing in, he is no savior and our midfield is stacked with players of the same DM profile, we need someone that can dribble, has pace, vision and isn’t afraid to shoot if we really want to improve anything in that department, and Locatelli is more or less none of it.

However i’d gladly take him to replace one of our current CM/DM’s though, would certainly be an upgrade over Bentancur or Rabiot in that DM/Regista role no doubt, my main concern is that we also need a totaly different profile along with them.

Jan 22, 2016
I’d be ok with him if we would come as complementary to another truly world class CM that we might be bringing in, he is no savior and our midfield is stacked with players of the same DM profile, we need someone that can dribble, has pace, vision and isn’t afraid to shoot if we really want to improve anything in that department, and Locatelli is more or less none of it.

However i’d gladly take him to replace one of our current CM/DM’s though, would certainly be an upgrade over Bentancur or Rabiot in that DM/Regista role no doubt, my main concern is that we also need a totaly different profile along with them.
Seems there is someone on the market with those exact attributes,actually a World Cup winner, but our friends think he is liability.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Seems there is someone on the market with those exact attributes,actually a World Cup winner, but our friends think he is liability.
Beckham will never let Matuidi come back to us.

- - - Updated - - -

You could barely be further from the truth.

Juve_newbie

Jan 11, 2017
We don't need that kind of midfielder to have decent successful in CL. What we need is improve our wing play in both flank and a solid midfield to control the game. Finding a complete midfielder like Modric or prime Vidal ,who can dribble, shoot and have vison as well as decent defensive ability, is extremely difficult and pricey. But building a solid midfield like Bayern and Liverpool did when they win CL is not that hard. The money we need to spend on complete midfielder can be spent on great left winger or Left fullback, which is far more available. We are not that rich so build a team like Bayern or Liverpool is far more economical.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
You could barely be further from the truth.

:lol:

So you are trying to say that Locatelli is an atacking minded pacey dribbler type of midfielder nowadays?

He has the vision and accurate passes though , i give him that, but it's pointless overrating him, if you feel like he could be the "saviour" our midfield needs than there's no point trying to convince you otherwise, however my point stands nonetheless, he is a good CM but not exactly the type that we actually lack atm.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
:lol:

So you are trying to say that Locatelli is an atacking minded pacey dribbler type of midfielder nowadays?

He has the vision and accurate passes though , i give him that, but it's pointless overrating him, if you feel like he could be the "saviour" our midfield needs than there's no point trying to convince you otherwise, however my point stands nonetheless, he is a good CM but not exactly the type that we actually lack atm.
As far as I see, it didn't say attacking minded. But he's definitely got vision and isn't afraid to shoot.

Never said he'd be the saviour either because there ain't a single midfielder we can realistically get that would save our midfield. We need 2 or 3, at least.

Implying that one attacking midfielder would be the saviour is equally delusional. But as you said, both of them together could make the difference.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He wouldn't have started any further. And he's not starting full-time at Barca either. Still think we won that deal. Too bad he's very injury prone because he has great qualities.
Agree he has great qualities. He shields the ball really well and is hard to knock off it when he has possession. It's a shame in injury issues b/c he needs consistency and our team needs it too.

I believe Pjanic needed to go, he wasn't getting younger or better so in that sense we won the real b/c we got a younger player with good qualities he just needs to not get injured LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Really, how many games has pjanic started at barca
meaning he was a STARTER for us and in return we got someone we thought was going to start but is never fit to play.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me clarify: I said bench because he is rarely healthy, not because he isn't good. Pirlo clearly liked him early on because in preseason he said his build up play was fantastic (or something like that) so we know Pirlo likes him but he can't get him and keep him healthy.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
As far as I see, it didn't say attacking minded. But he's definitely got vision and isn't afraid to shoot.

Never said he'd be the saviour either because there ain't a single midfielder we can realistically get that would save our midfield. We need 2 or 3, at least.

Implying that one attacking midfielder would be the saviour is equally delusional. But as you said, both of them together could make the difference.
I get your point, and my point wasn't that an attacking midfielder would be a saviour either but certainly would be slightly more compatible with all the duds we already have now that are sharing the same primary DM attributes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 146)