Manuel Locatelli - DM - Sassuolo (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Good player, reliable with the ball and likes trying to pass between the lines.

His biggest flaw is his lack of pace. In Sarri's midfield this would be a big issue but I'm hoping Pirlo manages to find a far better balance and not expose our midfield so much.

Last edited:

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
He's a good DM prospect. Probably a worthy investment considering he will maintain resale value and have modest wages.

If you just pretend he was never with Milan and always with Sassuolo, his image would probably be bigger. People think he's some sort of failed prospect because he left Milan...

He's not a B2B though. I hope we don't see him as that.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He's a good DM prospect. Probably a worthy investment considering he will maintain resale value and have modest wages.

If you just pretend he was never with Milan and always with Sassuolo, his image would probably be bigger. People think he's some sort of failed prospect because he left Milan...

He's not a B2B though. I hope we don't see him as that.
We need a CM that moves the ball. Like, actually moves the ball and can open up play with a decent range. Enough sideways to back passes already...

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I agree. But also it's a good start to find young CMs that give a fuck and run.
I like this Locatelli kid.

I say it can't hurt us signing him. He would be an upgrade, probably cheaper than Tonali and who knows, maybe a coach like Pirlo is what he needs to make the step up. (meaning someone who was one of the best CMs out there)

- - - Updated - - -

watching the vid, he certainly isn't afraid to go into a challenge either. some really nice tackles

- - - Updated - - -

lol feels like we have been hearing him for years now...still only 22 as well :tup:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Good player, reliable with the ball and likes trying to pass between the lines.

His biggest flaw is his lack of pace. In Sarri's midfield this would be a big issue but I'm hoping Pirlo manages to find a far better balance and not expose our midfield so much.
Agree.

I think he is a safe transfer. We know these italians from Mid table teams can be more of a miss than a hit. However his season has been really impressive and his stats as a midfielder prove it.

Not saying he is the next big thing but considering we are trying to offload 3 midfielders...him joining as one of the replacements makes sense.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
We never learn don't we?
indeed. there are so many talented midfielders from other european nations, and even from african nations. but no, we must stick to this stupid nationalistic identity and get mediocre italians.

there are like 3 players within serie a teams that could have fullfilled this sqaud player role for cheap, but instead we will waste money on another sturaro

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
The club clearly wants young/hungry players but the midfield badly needs someone with creative play
IMO the hungrier and younger should be the mids.

If you have a mid over 33 is because he is something excepcional. But no way you can have 2 or more average oldies in that department

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)