Manuel Locatelli - DM - Sassuolo (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
How do we know he's better than Rabiot? Is he better than the Rabiot who perforemed teh way he did for us for the last 5-6 games of the season?

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
all those players with exception of maybe zaniolo would have mentally collapsed in juve.

bernadechi is proof of that. he was way more promising than all those players and look what happened.
mentally collapsed :lol:

if a coach gives them hope they will succeed. If a team keeps signing the likes of ramsey and keep the likes of higuain matudi khedira... there is never space for youth.

- - - Updated - - -

We should have kicked higuain out last year and placed kean instead of him. Or even sign Eril Haaland
We should have sold khedira matuidi type of players and could have signed barella.
We should not have signed ramsey, instead give that 7m contract to a Zaniolo. he would never say no to that.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Manuel Locatelli vs Juventus

108 touches
92 passes
98% pass accuracy
2 key passes
8/8 accurate long balls
2 tackles won
2 interceptions
1 clearance
1 blocked shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
there is space for youth. we gave space to dybala, morata, pogba, dl, demiral.

there is no space for mediocre italians.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
What does bringing Locatelli have to do with Aouar or any marquee midfield signing for that matter?
Locatelli is a very good DM, great tackles and passing (especially long passes) skill that can shield the midfield and he's good on the ball while Aouar is the left box to box we need since selling Pogba. Locatelli is very young, will command a very low salary with affordable transfer fee with the possibility of including counterparts.
If he comes it won't hinder us from getting Aouar or whoever as they can coexist and Locatelli won't cost us much, and since we terminated Matuidi and Khedira inevitably will follow we need two midfielders. If we can't afford Aouar it's because we can't afford him, and if we get De Paul it's because that's our financial might in today's market.
You want Aouar pray for a good offer for Ramsey or even Rabiot.

lvmnz

Jul 28, 2015
What does bringing Locatelli have to do with Aouar or any marquee midfield signing for that matter?
Locatelli is a very good DM, great tackles and passing (especially long passes) skill that can shield the midfield and he's good on the ball while Aouar is the left box to box we need since selling Pogba. Locatelli is very young, will command a very low salary with affordable transfer fee with the possibility of including counterparts.
If he comes it won't hinder us from getting Aouar or whoever as they can coexist and Locatelli won't cost us much, and since we terminated Matuidi and Khedira inevitably will follow we need two midfielders. If we can't afford Aouar it's because we can't afford him, and if we get De Paul it's because that's our financial might in today's market.
You want Aouar pray for a good offer for Ramsey or even Rabiot.
I think we have a lot of what we would benefit from with Locatelli in Bentancur. I would be happy to see Locatelli for the reasons you outlined, but think there are higher priorities in the mercato - a number 9 to put some vertical pressure on the defense w off ball movement (dybala and ronaldo do so mostly with on ball), a central midfielder with technique vision and dynamism to spark chances,, fullback reinforcements/youth for dynamism

Karim30

May 6, 2012
I think we have a lot of what we would benefit from with Locatelli in Bentancur. I would be happy to see Locatelli for the reasons you outlined, but think there are higher priorities in the mercato - a number 9 to put some vertical pressure on the defense w off ball movement (dybala and ronaldo do so mostly with on ball), a central midfielder with technique vision and dynamism to spark chances,, fullback reinforcements/youth for dynamism
No, I rate Bentancur but he's not a better DM than Locatelli, not even close actually. Locatelli won't lose the ball doing backheels and unnecessary dribbles in dangerous areas and won't get red carded for stupid fouls. Don't get me wrong I rate Benta but as a box 2 box. The only reason we called on him for the DM role was the horrible performances we were getting from Pjanic.
Fun fact: Locatelli's yearly cost is less than Matuidi's or Khedira's so we save money and lower the squad age by getting him. His resale value is intact because he's only 22, and as I previously said getting him won't stop us from strengthening other areas on the squad, and if you think it will probably you overestimate his cost or underestimate the financial problems we are facing.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
No, I rate Bentancur but he's not a better DM than Locatelli, not even close actually. Locatelli won't lose the ball doing backheels and unnecessary dribbles in dangerous areas and won't get red carded for stupid fouls. Don't get me wrong I rate Benta but as a box 2 box. The only reason we called on him for the DM role was the horrible performances we were getting from Pjanic.
Fun fact: Locatelli's yearly cost is less than Matuidi's or Khedira's so we save money and lower the squad age by getting him. His resale value is intact because he's only 22, and as I previously said getting him won't stop us from strengthening other areas on the squad, and if you think it will probably you overestimate his cost or underestimate the financial problems we are facing.
So, you're saying there's a chance we get another mid (Partey/Aouar) if we can fuck off Khedira, Costa and Turdeski?

lvmnz

Jul 28, 2015
and if you think it will probably you overestimate his cost or underestimate the financial problems we are facing.
You mean I either overestimate his cost or overestimate the financial problems we are facing? I'm certainly not in the boardroom, but my guess is we're not working with much cash currently, right?

I do like Locatelli a lot, though, and the more I read the better, especially given how well he's played through the lines this past season as part of a positive style at sassuolo. could be an important part of what we need in the midfield to stabilize transitions and, most importantly, help freshen up our stale buildup. and like you're saying, nice economics because it's not as if he's a shooting star of this transfer window. and i'm sure he'd benefit from some maestro tutelage which we currently have on offer...

Karim30

May 6, 2012
So, you're saying there's a chance we get another mid (Partey/Aouar) if we can fuck off Khedira, Costa and Turdeski?
If we manage to terminate Khedira we must buy two midfielders otherwise you enter the season with five midfielders including Ramsey (basically 4.33 midfielders considering that he's injured or getting back to match fitness most of the season). Locatelli given the price mentioned is a must and he makes Partey a redundant more expensive purchase imo for a 5 year older player who will ask for more than double the salary, and I guess the other midfielder will be De Paul (underwhelming I know but we are not rich) unless we luck out with a good offer for Ramsey (25m+) then we can seriously pursue Aouar and the likes.
As for Costa and Berna I believe we will sell one and keep one which sucks hard because both of them need to gtfo

- - - Updated - - -

You mean I either overestimate his cost or overestimate the financial problems we are facing? I'm certainly not in the boardroom, but my guess is we're not working with much cash currently, right?

I do like Locatelli a lot, though, and the more I read the better, especially given how well he's played through the lines this past season as part of a positive style at sassuolo. could be an important part of what we need in the midfield to stabilize transitions and, most importantly, help freshen up our stale buildup. and like you're saying, nice economics because it's not as if he's a shooting star of this transfer window. and i'm sure he'd benefit from some maestro tutelage which we currently have on offer...
Yeah I guess you are right I am not sure what I meant by this weird phrase :D
I am glad we are in agreement anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)