Manuel Locatelli - DM - Sassuolo (178 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
But remember that most of us fell in love with juve in an era where the italian talent was in every corner on the league
But that doesnt mean that a player is bad because of nationality.

Chiellini wasnt bad because Motta was. Marchisio didn't disappoint because Aquilani did. Etc. Etc.

To call a player bad because of nationality like they are related is absurd. How is Zaniolo's level affected by that of Candreva?

If there is going to be am irrational hate to italian players then maybe it's best to consider supporting a club that wears black and blue, they were founded with a similar ideology.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
He was only in hot form for couple of games then what has he done ever since that?
In my view he is never gonna be a star

A Couple of Games? He had 7 goals in 17 games as an 18 year old for us. I never said he was going to be a star, but for a backup CF? Why not?

Jun 6, 2015
But remember that most of us fell in love with juve in an era where the italian talent was in every corner on the league
Guys like Toricelli, Di Livio, Pesotto, Tacchinardi, Pepe, Giaccherini or Padoin hardly possessed eye-catching talent, but they were very useful players for this club because they gave their maximum on the pitch. Imo it's okay to have good soldiers like that on the team.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

Chiellini wasnt bad because Motta was. Marchisio didn't disappoint because Aquilani did. Etc. Etc.

To call a player bad because of nationality like they are related is absurd. How is Zaniolo's level affected by that of Candreva?

If there is going to be am irrational hate to italian players then maybe it's best to consider supporting a club that wears black and blue, they were founded with a similar ideology.
I dont have a problem with Italians, in fact is better to have them like someone said, because it is easier to keep them.

Im just pointing out that a lot of them are averages nowadays, so is a tricky situation to recrute a lot of them because they are easy to keep but at the expense of quality. Thats all.

About Kean, i really wanted him to stay, but his mentality nowadays doesnt convince me and also it worries me that Juventus dispatched him so easily, and since they are the ones who check day players day in day out, they know more then me about him and had their reasons to offload him..... or it could very well be that he was another victim of Plusvalenticci. The fact is that after he left juve, he has been on a low.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys like Toricelli, Di Livio, Pesotto, Tacchinardi, Pepe, Giaccherini or Padoin hardly possessed eye-catching talent, but they were very useful players for this club because they gave their maximum on the pitch. Imo it's okay to have good soldiers like that on the team.
yeah i dont mind them. Those are hardworkers who make the team tick when used properly. but they need to be surrounded with quality also.

Jun 16, 2020

Pre-Calciopoli Italian football had the same as La Liga has now. We dominated international football, and the likes of Bonera, Montolivo etc were regarded as great talents, because they had a nice season in Serie A and they were Italian. The same happens with Spanish players nowadays, or hyped PL players in general.

Italian footballers always have been among the best. We had a few bad generations, happens to every country. Nowadays great prospects are popping up everywhere.

Italy U17 reached two Euro finals, U20 became third last year at the World Cup, U21 had a really good squad, but was really unlucky at the Euro’s. And besides that, young Italian players are carrying their teams: Zaniolo, Pellegrini, Mancini at Roma, Castrovilli, Chiesa at Fiorentina, Barella, Bastoni, pre-injury Sensi at Inter, Romagnoli, Donnarumma at Milan, Orsolini at Bologna etc etc.

Also have to say that Serie B delivered good players. Insigne, Verratti, Immobile, Tonali, Castrovilli, etc had no problems growing from B to A (or Ligue 1).

We always had a Italian core, we’re the biggest club in Italy and it would be a big shame if we won’t deliver any players to the national team.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
I dont have a problem with Italians, in fact is better to have them like someone said, because it is easier to keep them.

Im just pointing out that a lot of them are averages nowadays, so is a tricky situation to recrute a lot of them because they are easy to keep but at the expense of quality. Thats all.
I generally agree with you on this. My posts were to the two other posters above making their sweeping claims and calling everyone average.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
If they weren't average, other teams would be interested in them too, esp foreign teams, like it happened with Verratti...
No one argues against investing on local talent, the problem is we invest in overrated one season would have beens... At the expense of starters!
This not the first time this happens.
If we don't have 50mil to buy a proper midfielder this year, then keep those 25mil from Trash-telli and buy him next year.
But we only ever get free and trash players in the midfield and mostly defense orientated, while our forward line remains cut of and our only hopes are the two cripples (Ramsey and Arthur) that also arrived for free and can only offer that much...

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
https://m.calciomercato.com/news/ju...summit-col-sassuolo-per-locatelli-e-la--39938

if any of this speculation is true, then locatelli won't arrive. (article says that he was our priority for a mediano role, but sassuolo wanted to keep him for an other season unless an important offer arrives - which we were unable to present. we wanted to offer a loan with obligation with a similar price to mckennie and include hans in the deal, and they refused everything. so we went for. the b-plan which is the american guy.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 172)