Manuel Locatelli - DM - Sassuolo (71 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
That's not my point.
I mean Italians are just mediocre
what you don't seem to realize is that we still need some in the squad, unless we're fine with 18-19 players for the league and the cl

now we have some league trained players: buffon, chiellini, bonucci, dybala, berna, de sciglio and rugani occupy those 4 "association trained" places in the squad. considering this is the last season for both buffon and chiellini, both berna and mds are on the market, and we'd consider offers for rugani too, that leaves us with dybala and bonucci for those 4 places on the long run. you just can't ignore this, as english clubs can't ignore the same domestic + uefa rule either. that's why those very few quality english players cost a fortune, and that's why an unproven talent like tonali can sell for 30+.

plus we also need some players who understand what juventus is. who's tied emotionally to this club, besides buffon, chiellini and dybala? we have a bunch of overpaid mercenaries who are here to gather a fat paycheck. we absolutely need to change this policy and build a loyal core to the team. imagine that without italians. and no, i'm not saying that locatelli would be a loyal servant, but i can see a guy like zaniolo fighting for the jersey.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Get us Aouar or Partey.

Get Aouar, with Bentancur, Rabiot and now McKennie, you have enough hustle defensive balanced mids. But getting Aouar means you will get the brains and skills of the mid. Especially with both him and Partey costing similar figures (unless atletico accept trades, unlikely).

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
what you don't seem to realize is that we still need some in the squad, unless we're fine with 18-19 players for the league and the cl

now we have some league trained players: buffon, chiellini, bonucci, dybala, berna, de sciglio and rugani occupy those 4 "association trained" places in the squad. considering this is the last season for both buffon and chiellini, both berna and mds are on the market, and we'd consider offers for rugani too, that leaves us with dybala and bonucci for those 4 places on the long run. you just can't ignore this, as english clubs can't ignore the same domestic + uefa rule either. that's why those very few quality english players cost a fortune, and that's why an unproven talent like tonali can sell for 30+.

plus we also need some players who understand what juventus is. who's tied emotionally to this club, besides buffon, chiellini and dybala? we have a bunch of overpaid mercenaries who are here to gather a fat paycheck. we absolutely need to change this policy and build a loyal core to the team. imagine that without italians. and no, i'm not saying that locatelli would be a loyal servant, but i can see a guy like zaniolo fighting for the jersey.
loyalty is dead in modern football and signing expensive mediocre Italians just to fill HG quota :lol:I'd rather have Clemenza fill that spot.
Bayern or Madrid won CL not because their players emotionally love their club. They won because they have quality

- - - Updated - - -

Was he mediocre when he scored 7 goals in 17 matches for us as an 18 year old?
How about now?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
loyalty is dead in modern football and signing expensive mediocre Italians just to fill HG quota :lol:I'd rather have Clemenza fill that spot.
Bayern or Madrid won CL not because their players emotionally love their club. They won because they have quality
it's not about homegrown quota. you have 17 free slots, 4 association grown slots, and 4 homegrown slots in a potentially 25 player squad. we can forget the homegrown slots (we only have pinso since marchisio left), and if we follow your suggested path, we can forget some of the 4 italian slots too.

let's not rewrite history, bayern and real both had a loyal core. you can add liverpool to that list too. quality is not enough, just look at psg, barcelona or city. take a look at our new staff: tudor, pirlo, the son of one of the biggest juventino legends are proof enough that our management realized we needed some guys with juve roots.

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
I'm not against your view about loyalty but it's pointless if the player itself doesn't have quality. Current Italians generation only good for one or two seasons then faded or only good for teams like Roma Fiorentina or other midtable teams but when they move to bigger clubs they fail to give the same performance. Veratti probably is the only one who can handle the pressure

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

- - - Updated - - -

How about now?

So one bad year as a 19 year old in a brand new league means he is mediocre now?

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
To the ones discrimanting players based on nationality, what in the world made you be a Juve fan? Juve of all teams, the maximum expression of italian football...

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I mean I'd prefer as many Italians as possible if they were actually any good because they're much easier to keep hold of.

But for a very long time the best Italian players have been mediocre of worse with a few exceptions.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
To the ones discrimanting players based on nationality, what in the world made you be a Juve fan? Juve of all teams, the maximum expression of italian football...
But remember that most of us fell in love with juve in an era where the italian talent was in every corner on the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 65)