Manuel Da Costa (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogsarecute

Aug 7, 2008
I am more willing to bet on Ivanovic. Brazilian defenders generally do not interest me. I am not sure if the board still intends for Andrade/Criscito to play as first-choice centre-back which explains the lack of activity.
As for Alex10 he may want to know that Rafinha's statistics has been brought down in FM2009 so he may want to reconsider that choice.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
This transfer isn't that pointless.

Chiellini-Legro are doing great so far and hopefully they won't get injured.Legro is not getting any younger while Knežević will leave us at the end of the season,don't forget that.Zebina can leave too due to being injured non-stop so Mellberg can even be re-located to our right side.

I see us selling Criscito if this happens though.
I've been following Da Costa via his Portuguese play for a while. He's a risk with some promise. But IMO, so is Criscito.

Currently, I would so prefer Criscito over Da Costa under the circumstances.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I've been following Da Costa via his Portuguese play for a while. He's a risk with some promise. But IMO, so is Criscito.

Currently, I would so prefer Criscito over Da Costa under the circumstances.
:agree: Absalutely right, why get da costa when we have a promising young defender in criscito. This move doesn't make sence at all.....

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
100% I would prefer this too.
but Domenico seems to have some sort of dislike towards us because of the season before. It would be hard work for us to convince a player who is far happier whre he is now, he plays with his heart for genoa, you can tell becuase he plays excellent, but if he dosn't like us for mistreating him then=not botherd too much about club=doesn't play with heart=sub-standard displays=poor move.
this is what bothers me about his situation.
It's not like Giovinco who couldn't wait to getbackwith us and give us his all, cristico is quite the opposite and I kinda find that he has a dislike that is quite irrational, he was still so young after all, he had to accept being thrown to the bench but he couldn't, not with such humidity that Giovinco D.C and Marchisio have done anyway. He couldn't have surely expected to be treated like a WC player
Maybe you should all read this, it seems that his situation is being underestimated.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Maybe you should all read this, it seems that his situation is being underestimated.
If Criscito actually starts once in a while, I'm sure he'll have a change of heart.

Remember: Chiellini thought playing for Juve was about as appealing as licking a dog's ass when Moggi bought out his half from Fiorentina for a song.

And there's no guarantee that Da Costa isn't going to pull a Tiago hissy fit if he doesn't get enough start time either. So I don't think that "situation" is even relevant.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Not really. I would sign Zapata and Rafinha in January, two quality defenders and sign Grosso at the end of the season when he is out of contract to help nurture De ceglie at left back and offload the useless molinaro.

Rafinha, grygera
De ceglie. Grosso
Zapata, Chiellini, Legro, Cristico, Melberg

You are some funny guy. Somebody here was talking about Alex and Eboue. Two great players that are proven on top level, having already played a lot of Champions League football.
Yet, you laugh at those choices and come up with Grosso, Zapata and Rafinha???????????????????????????

Whats wrong with you? Grosso is washed up, too old and past his prime, Rafinha, although great in offense, but noway better than Eboue, his defending is awful.
Zapata is a good young player, but Alex isn't any older, and proven on a high level.
But hey, keep on writing this nonsense here. Its fun to read!

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Viola repel Juve's Da Costa bid
Monday 5 January, 2009
Fiorentina have fended off Juventus' latest advances for Portuguese talent Manuel Da Costa.

The 22-year-old signed for the Viola from PSV in January 2008 despite interest from Inter, Milan and Juventus.

Although Da Costa has made just one appearance this season, he has remained a target for the Old Lady.

Juve are reportedly hoping to use Sergio Almiron, who is on loan at the Stadio Artemio Franchi, as a bargaining chip in a deal of around £4m.

However, the Bianconeri's attempts have so far been rebuffed by Fiorentina sporting director Pantaleo Corvino, who brought in Da Costa after extensive scouting.

The Tuscans are looking for big money and Juve seem reluctant to offer a large cash sum.

Feyenoord, Borussia Dortmund and Marseille are also said to be in the frame for Da Costa's signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)