Manolo Gabbiadini (4 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Well, there was one, you know. :D
Destro is better than Gabbiadini, right now and with his all round game, but even he only scored 12 goals.

Gabbiadini is a player who will never catch the eye in terms of the touch that Destro has, but potentially could scored as many or more goals.

This isn't directed at you, but I think Gabbiadini is wrongly being written off as a traditional Italian CF donkey by people who haven't even seen him play. There aren't any of those players coming through anymore at this level, strikers have to be able to do more to fit into the modern game.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Point being 11m is too much. For me only a guy like Ibarbo is worth that. I kmow though with Triosi and only buying half the player, we've paid only 3.5m of the 5.5m.
Why do you think Ibarbo is worth so much more. His 3 goals and 5 assists in 1800+ minutes last season, or his blistering pace and Wanchope-esque random dribbling ability?

I think we know why Gabbiadini is valued at €11m rather than a more realistic €8-9m, but that's the market value. If we went for Ibarbo I doubt Cagliari would sell him to us for €11m, prices become more ridiculous all the time.

---------- Post added 24.08.2012 at 16:02 ----------

Ibarbo is more of a "roving" (for want of a better term) CF yeah? Drifts in from the wings etc. He's a pretty decent player but its a fallacy to call him an out and out striker yeah?
He's not a CF at all, it's just because he is big and strong people think that. He's a wide attacker or secondary forward.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
11 million for this shit another 14 million for jewvinco also 35 million for both isla+asamoah? like really? and then refuse 30 million for jovetic/rvp/other top player? insanity at the very best form... :crazy:

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
11 million for this $#@! another 14 million for jewvinco also 35 million for both isla+asamoah? like really? and then refuse 30 million for jovetic/rvp/other top player? insanity at the very best form... :crazy:
We didn't spend close to that, check yourself before you wreck yourself. It's more like 3,5+8,5+18 milion.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
We didn't spend close to that, check yourself before you wreck yourself. It's more like 3,5+8,5+18 milion.
3.5? aren't they all said 11.. those people above us? 8.5 for who? giovinco? pretty sure it was close to 13 million (for his half :sergio:), and didn't udinese duo prices were for half of both? 18 x 2 is 36...? :shifty:

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
11 million for this shit another 14 million for jewvinco also 35 million for both isla+asamoah? like really? and then refuse 30 million for jovetic/rvp/other top player? insanity at the very best form... :crazy:
First, we could have gotten Jovetic but what good what he have done for us if we didn't reinforce our team with Giovinco, Isla and Asamoah? We were one injury away from our midfield from falling apart. And especially when we have CL coming up that would have been a death wish.

Second, we spent 3.5M on this kid (Troisi to Atalanta for 2M) , 11M on Giovinco, and 32M on Isla and Asamoah. (Pasquato to Udinese for 4M)

Anyways, no need to get worked up. I think we'll land a top striker like Dzeko or Llorente regardless.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
3.5? aren't they all said 11.. those people above us? 8.5 for who? giovinco? pretty sure it was close to 13 million (for his half :sergio:), and didn't udinese duo prices were for half of both? 18 x 2 is 36...? :shifty:
3.5 Net for Gabbiadini. Valued at 11m, Atalanta bought half for him at 5.5, plus 2 m for the co-won of Troisi.

Giovinco was purchased for 11 million, but Parma had already paid Juve 3.5 million. that comes out to 7.5 million

Isla and Asamoah were 36 million total (18 million co-own), and Udinese bought half of Pasquato for 1.5 million

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Isla and Asamoah were 36 million total (18 million co-own), and Udinese bought half of Pasquato for 1.5 million
Whoops, thought I read 4M.

5.500.000 euro.. thats half of 11.000.000... (according to transfermarkt we paid 5,5 million..)

scored 9 goals in 13 matches for italy U21...
We did spend 5.5M on Gabbiadini, but Troisi who we got for free went the other way for 2M. So in the end we really only spent 3.5M.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I think the 12-man bench will help Italy with youngsters.

Also, Manolo has been loaned out to Bologna now. I think he will get some playing time there.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
These kind of transfers we're pulling recently are gonna secure us the best players from 'smaller' clubs (Serie A wise) in the upcoming years.

It's how I look at it.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
These kind of transfers we're pulling recently are gonna secure us the best players from 'smaller' clubs (Serie A wise) in the upcoming years.

It's how I look at it.
I look at this transfer, and the others for the last couple of years as Juve making a concerted effort to significantly upgrade their young talent, so that they won't have to be in a position to buy several stars every year.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I look at this transfer, and the others for the last couple of years as Juve making a concerted effort to significantly upgrade their young talent, so that they won't have to be in a position to buy several stars every year.
That is if only these kids come out as stars on their own, which is rather unlikely, in most of the cases.

Udinese, Fiorentina and others will always have top players that we'll chase and IMO we'll use such kids to make that deal happen. A couple of years ago we didn't have that, we could never lower the price the way other clubs did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)