Manolo Gabbiadini (4 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
So you say that the kid cant dribble but he is a prolific finisher?
He's 20 years old. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, although i am not high on him, and I had stated that whenever his name came up. I rated Destro much more than I do Gabbiadini. He didn't get a lot of playing time in Atalanta, so let's just wait and see what he does in Bologna this season, shall we?

---------- Post added 24.08.2012 at 10:05 ----------

Hmmm, I going to have to believe Cronios on this one.

Support striker, it is.
Well, of course you would. You've hated me for decades :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Bring back the ItalJuve=fail avatar I say.

Winning the league undefeated has been forgotten after this disgraceful signing.
if we sell Licht for Peluso
Favor Bonucci over Lucio, Padoin over Asamoah, Gabbiadini over Vucinic, etc, i shall, next year.

This year i honor DP, and as long as foreigners like Vucinic, Vidal, Licht, Asamoah, Isla, Lucio, Pogba etc are our prime acquisitions, best performances etc, this is not ItalJuve, ItalJuve is to favor mediocre Italians over them just because of their nationality and sacrifice performance, Conte's team was the least nationalistic there was in the past years and the tranfers are keep showing positive views, so the criticism for that serves no purpose atm, it served it well when it mattered the most though!

May 22, 2007
Favor Bonucci over Lucio, Padoin over Asamoah, Gabbiadini over Vucinic, etc, i shall, next year.

This year i honor DP, and as long as foreigners like Vucinic, Vidal, Licht, Asamoah, Isla, Lucio, Pogba etc are our prime acquisitions, best performances etc, this is not ItalJuve, ItalJuve is to favor mediocre Italians over them just because of their nationality and sacrifice performance, Conte's team was the least nationalistic there was in the past years and the tranfers are keep showing positive views, so the criticism for that serves no purpose atm, it served it well when it mattered the most though!
You're unsuccessfully trying to sell yourself as impartial.

But that avatar made me laugh when you still had it as Juventus won the league.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

History has proven you right, yet again.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
^true, unfortunately, but it shouldnt come as a surprise by now...

He's 20 years old. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, although i am not high on him, and I had stated that whenever his name came up. I rated Destro much more than I do Gabbiadini. He didn't get a lot of playing time in Atalanta, so let's just wait and see what he does in Bologna this season, shall we?
As long as he is Italian we will, but he really has to make up for the invested capital though.
And at this moment i am more preoccupied about his characteristics, we have for both the present and the future many dribblers, when we were signing Amauri, Iaquinta, Matri and even Quaq, they were all presented as great all around strikers with finisher being their primary role.

I ve always doubted if they are good enough on that particular role to play as dedicated finishers though.
And i was spot on. I m just worried that we are making the very same mistake again and again...

With great players like Vucinic and Giovinco around, the last thing we are worried about atm, is being average all around and create for him self.
We need goal scoarers, if he is not that, then he is completely useless atm, a waste of resources and space and even worse a financial handicap in our quest to buy that starter finisher...

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

As long as he is Italian we will, but he really has to make up for the invested capital though.
And at this moment i am more preoccupied about his characteristics, we have for both the present and the future many dribblers, when we were signing Amauri, Iaquinta, Matri and even Quaq, they were all presented as great all around strikers with finisher being their primary role.

I ve always doubted if they are good enough on that particular role to play as dedicated finishers though.
And i was spot on. I m just worried that we are making the very same mistake again and again...

With great players like Vucinic and Giovinco around, the last thing we are worried about atm, is being average all around and create for him self.
We need goal scoarers, if he is not that, then he is completely useless atm, a waste of resources and space and even worse a financial handicap in our quest to buy that starter finisher...
For what it's worth, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, regardless of his nationality.

But I do agree with you that I have my doubts about him. I want to see what he does with a full season at Bologna before I pass further judgment on him

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

Yes

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Didn't really care about this signing, even if this kid seems to not show much promise. But is it really 11m for him? Good Lord, use that extra money for Jojo!
I don't think that is what they paid for him. It is pretty convulted but at the end of the day, I think it comes out to 3.5m or something like that.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
So, what do we know about this guy? Is he highly rated? He'll turn 21 this year and only scored 1 goal last season.
He's a CF, left footed, pretty mobile for his size. Decent mix of strength and mobility. Being 6'2" he's not a traditional lumbering Italian CF, more of a mix between a classic box player and a modern strker.

He hits the ball a lot like Vieri, but with less power. He'll run players down the channels, but really you are looking for him to be around 12-8 yards from goal on his left side. He can hit the ball across his body or opened up.

He participated in 23 games last season but only actually played 817 minutes as he was competing directly with German Denis, who had a very good season of course. So he barely played 9 full games overall, started 7, and generally came into the game around the 70th-80th minute in most of his appearances.

When he did start he was usually paired with Denis or Tiribocchi in a double strike force. He can play in this role if the other striker is quicker and there is a playmaker behind them, or as the CF in a front three.

He made his Italy debut with the experimental team against England, coming on as a sub on the hour mark and having a header cleared off the line in the move that then led to England's winner from that counter attack.

Personally I think it's very hard to expect a lot from this type of player very quickly. He's a striker so depends on goals. I don't know many Italian strikers who score a lot of goals in Serie A aged 21, but if he can get regular games and service at Bologna I think he can grow. I think his target this season would be something like 10-12 goals perhaps.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Why's that?

Ibarbo isn't a CF....
Not talking as a CF, just more as a future investment. Gabbiadini belongs to a dying breed, I think the Ibarbo prototype is how forwards will be across formations. But in this particular case, purely from the prospective of 11m, I can't think of anybody but Ibarbo being worth that.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
He's a CF, left footed, pretty mobile for his size. Decent mix of strength and mobility. Being 6'2" he's not a traditional lumbering Italian CF, more of a mix between a classic box player and a modern strker.

He hits the ball a lot like Vieri, but with less power. He'll run players down the channels, but really you are looking for him to be around 12-8 yards from goal on his left side. He can hit the ball across his body or opened up.

He participated in 23 games last season but only actually played 817 minutes as he was competing directly with German Denis, who had a very good season of course. So he barely played 9 full games overall, started 7, and generally came into the game around the 70th-80th minute in most of his appearances.

When he did start he was usually paired with Denis or Tiribocchi in a double strike force. He can play in this role if the other striker is quicker and there is a playmaker behind them, or as the CF in a front three.

He made his Italy debut with the experimental team against England, coming on as a sub on the hour mark and having a header cleared off the line in the move that then led to England's winner from that counter attack.

Personally I think it's very hard to expect a lot from this type of player very quickly. He's a striker so depends on goals. I don't know many Italian strikers who score a lot of goals in Serie A aged 21, but if he can get regular games and service at Bologna I think he can grow. I think his target this season would be something like 10-12 goals perhaps.
Well, there was one, you know. :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Oh, good then. (That could have gone to Jojo's wages though :D)
I think how it is working, and I could be wrong, is that the player is valued at 11m. Juve paid 11m for him, and Atalanta is paying Juve 5.5 million. Then, I believe, Triosi is going to Atalanta on a co-own for 2 m.

I'm not sure. I'm not that good at Marottametics

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Not talking as a CF, just more as a future investment. Gabbiadini belongs to a dying breed, I think the Ibarbo prototype is how forwards will be across formations. But in this particular case, purely from the prospective of 11m, I can't think of anybody but Ibarbo being worth that.
Ibarbo is a different type of player to Gabbiadini, you might as well be talking about a left back or a goalkeeper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)