Man Utd-juventus (2 Viewers)

Sh@d0w

Dec 7, 2002
i was watching the game and i cant really understand why man utd won this fricking game.

we dominated from after the first goal and in the middle of second half.

it should have been tied :(

hope the juve-manutd game on tues will be better... cant wait 2 see :)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by DaJuve ] ++
And there was the miss by RVN and Chimenti fouled him. That should have been a penalty and a red card.
Not if the ref decided to play on, Scholes was through on goal. In which case no foul called and no card.

Sep 28, 2002
i said it once and ill say it again.

there shouldve been a penalty, and maybe not red, but yellow card. but that scoles miss. miss of the century. we were lucky. if that had been a goal then we would've losst 3-0.

now, 2-1, if goals are goona be counted, it is good result.

and noew juve has moral advantage

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
I don't think the referee let to play on. I think it was no penalty... if you can see, diver RVN jumped and dived... and i'm not sure it was a penalty.
I don't like VN, he is a diver!

I am proud of Juventus, they are so professional! Man Utd were lucky.. and we deserved to beat them..
they were lucky with both of the goals! I hate them.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Yes, Ali, the advantage rule.

That's nonsense, Oded, it was no dive, Chimenti clearly brought him down. If Scholes wasn't around the ref would have given a penalty.

Btw if you want a diver, look no further than Nedved. I saw noone else diving last night.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I always thought that if the advantage fails to yield then the foul is reinstated.

Oded that was a clear penalty + a red for Chimenti to boot.

++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
defence didnt do very well, its not up to ferrara to catch rvn. and the situation were penalty should have awarded with rvn down and scoles hiiting the post.
I think Ferrara had a brillaint game.

Martin as for Nedved diving I've seen worse :mute: When he spends most of his time on the grass. I think Lippi must have read him the riot act :D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
How does a chance wasted warrant a card? If play goes on according to advantage, it doesn't make any sense to dispute that call later on.. does it? :confused:

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Doesn't make sense am just wondering at the double standards coz I've seen some refs who've actually called the foul back after the team didn't profit from the advantage.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Does anyone know why Tacchi got a yellow ... they didn't show the foul here, just all of a sudden there was this cl line on the screen saying he got one and that he'll miss the next game :undecide:

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Firstly, what happened to the site?

Now referring to Man U game, I was pleased at the same time discontent.
The game should have been called off. Well, I am pretty sure, UEFA would have called off, if that happened to Man U.
Beside, they probably don't have the strenght in depth to actually put 5player on the pitch, if their entire team is struck by an influenza.
I totally lost temper when I was Trezeguet playing well below his standard because he was one few who could actually walk. The UEFA's decision is scandlous to put it midly.
However, I was pleased with the performace. Camoranesi was absolutely brillaint. His dribbling wasn't effect as it normally is, but he also always busy, and imaginative. His technique, as always, is emaculate even though, he can do better in convering the defence. And Ferrara is just awesome, even at his age. His performance against Parma was frigthing and it was even better against Man U. He contained possesion, defended solidly, didn't gave too much space to Van Nisterlooy.
Van Nisterlooy looked mediocre and, as I always believed, extremely overrated. Ferrara definitely had the better of the battle in the game, and Van Nisterlooy goal would not have scored a goal had Davids didn't go on a reckless run. And I am pretty sure that our defence would keep clean sheet in the return game. I can't see Man U having enough pace to trouble us on the counter attack. Van Nisterlooy, in particular, is ordinary once he is out of the box (where, admittedly, he is a major threat) and as long as we can keep the line up and organized, I can't see them socring except for set pieces.
Montero, too, had a good game I think. He was very brave, and was always available to distribute the ball, even though he could have played more simply. Having simple football, should be the lesson for Montero, evidently, a first Man U goal came from mistake by him, as he tried to be too clever on the ball. Also, he made a error of judgement by making foolish back header, and, in all honesty, Chimenti should have been red-carded and sent off.
However, I do not believe Man U were disadvantaged by refereering decision. The corner which led to corner was arguable decision and I personally believe that Davids were fouled when he lost the ball in the middle of the park which led to second goal.
Nedved were effective at times, however, I would like to see him obtain possession a bit more and give away less. Also, I like to see our team build up patiently in the middle of the park. I think, we gave our ball far too cheaply, and Man U kept theirs very well. This gave them the initiative, and it was evident that they were the better side in the second half.
I am disappointed with our forwards, but I cannot blame them, and especially Trez, as he suffering from fever. Heck, I am still pissed off at the UEFA officials for not calling the game off.
As for Zalayeta, I think he did best as he could, and, in fact, showed signs of promise at times. He was by far the most dominant player in the air, and showed some skills. Also, I think his physique gave problem to Man U defence at times. However, he must learn to play accurate simply play around the box and use his raw physique more effectively. Also he lacks pace to penetrate opposition's defence, and I though the major problem with our strike force was that both of them were too similar. I think Lippi should have started with Oliviera, who would have gave us more pace, and penetration.

I am still angry that we lost, but I do believe we will beat them in the Stadio deli Alpi. Man U were nowhere near good as I thought, and they looked vunerable at times, in particular, the first half when he held the clear initiative. They lacked cohesion in passing, and lost too many headers. Their attack looked predicatble, and lacking dynamism. Ryan Giggs looks no longer the player he once was, and the midfield paring of Scholes, Butt, and Keane is mediocre compared to class teams like Real, Milan and Valencia.
In the second leg, with most of starting members back, we should be too strong for them to handle and I don't doubt convincing win.
I am angry for now, but I am pretty sure that I will be estatic come next week, and May, when we will be lifting the trophy, in THEIR BACKYARD. :D

Bye.
Jun

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
after finally getting to see the game last night.......i'm very upset at the fact that we didnt win this game.

RVN was a penalty, but as scholes was clear on goal, advantage is given......whether he misses the goals from 2 metres out or not, the play has continued and there is no card nor penalty.

i thought that maybe Silvstre's handball should have been a penalty. we have seen less obvious handballs given.....baggio in the 98WC for instance.

Why wasnt scholes sent off?? he made some ridiculous tackles on davids and tacchinardi.....its funny how tacchinardi gets a yellow card for dissant, but scholes can make 3 or 4 harsh tackles in one game and stay on.

Silvestre made a harsh tackle as well and didnt even get a yellow.

This ref got in the way of man utd and juve players about 5 times. does he not know where to position himself? juve almost scored a goal, TRez's blast over bar, because the ref bloked a pass and butt tried to pass back.

i think it was camoranesi, not to sure, but he went to kick the ball from behind becks and almost kicked becks arse off the park.....why wasnt he booked?

anyway, the game was good to watch and IMO that if juve had a full team, they would have no problem on that night with beating man utd 3-0.

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
Does anyone know why Tacchi got a yellow ... they didn't show the foul here, just all of a sudden there was this cl line on the screen saying he got one and that he'll miss the next game :undecide:
Yes I saw Tachi making foul in the first half and he got the yellow card as well. So I think he will mis next match

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
ManUtd had a free kick somewhere in the middle of the field, and tacchi interrupted and was too close to the ball.

i'm not sure, but i think this is the reason. the referee could waive from giving the card :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)