Man Utd-juventus (4 Viewers)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i tell you what......juve showed real character. man utd should be scared of the next leg in turin.

10 players missing from our squad......tacchinardi, ferrara, trezeguet and zenoni all played with the flu.

nedved and davids.......:eek:.....they are brilliant players.

with a full team, juve can make it far in this seasons CL.

Buy on AliExpress.com

deepblue

IBM Chess Programmer(DB)
Feb 19, 2003
With a full team we can kick them out.but they are not really strong.we will kick them in turin.no probs.Roy keane and Ruan Giggs are finished.no need to worry about them

FORZA Juve.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
i tell you what......juve showed real character. man utd should be scared of the next leg in turin.

10 players missing from our squad......tacchinardi, ferrara, trezeguet and zenoni all played with the flu.

nedved and davids.......:eek:.....they are brilliant players.

with a full team, juve can make it far in this seasons CL.
JUVE PERFORMED VERY GOOD BUT ONLY IN THE MIDFIELD , DAVIDS , VEDVED AND CAMORANESE DOMINATED IT ALL BUT UNFORTUNITLY THERE IS NO ONE INFRONT THAT CAN SCORE IN MY OPENION TREZ IS STILL AWAY FROM HIS FORM AND JUVE SHOULD NOT INCREASE HIS SALARY UNTIL HE RECOVERS BECUASE ZALAYETA WAS BETTER THAN HIM.

survivor

Dec 29, 2002
I used to be a fan of both Man u. and Juve, but now my :heart: is on Juve wholly. They show their strong heart and high spirit, and even they came back to turin with empty hands, I love them more:kiss:

We are so proud of u JUVE!!

I appreciate every1 here too :thumb: as u guys are so understanding and supportive to the team.

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
I was very happy with Juve's performance, especially when you look at all the players they were missing. They were playing solid, aggressive football and had Man U under control for most of the time. Keane and Scholes barely touched the ball, while Giggs and Beckham were stopped when going forward. Van Nistelrooy was constantly marked by Ferrara(great game) and Montero, and did nothing in the whole match except scoring the late goal. Our defence was solid most of the time and stopped almost all of Man U's attacks. However, on the counter attacks Man U looked really dangerous and could have scored some more goals.

I was a little disappointed over Nedved's and especially Camoranesi's performance. They played well, but could have done much more in going forward and creating chances, especially in the second half. After all, Del Piero was missing, so they are our biggest creative source now. But overally, Nedved played a good match(hit the post when firing from long range).Zenoni was quite good in defence, but his runs forward on the left were much less effective. Zambro would have done much better I think. Tacchi was medicore, made some silly tackles and recieved a yellow card, but seemed to be important for the team. Davids was excellent defensive, won the ball several times and even stopped Giggs a couple of times when he made his usual runs, but didn't move forward what was a little shame.

The attack was our biggest problem. Trez didn't do anything, as he was constantly marked by minimum two players. Zalayeta was medicore, he showed some skills but didn't create anything and made poor passes. Then Olivera came in for Trez but he didn't help at all. Man U's defence and Barthez were indeed very solid.

Except the early mistake when Wes Brown scored from a corner(he should have saved his header), Chimenti played well(I think Buffon would have saved it). The second goal wasn't his fault.

The next match in Turin should be easier for us, as we will play on home ground and hopefully the rest of the players will recover from the flu. But if we are to win, we will again have to be very concentrated and aware of Man U's abilities. We will have to make sure Beckham won't be any threat(made both assists) and Nedved and Camo will have to do more when going forward. We will have to pay even closer attention on Van Nistelrooy, as he could score on every chance he gets. Just like they have to pay attention to Trez. Our attack must do better, as today they did nothing useful. Maybe Di Vaio could be the solution, as he's fast and could be useful on counter attacks.

Forza Juve and good luck in Turin!

deepblue

IBM Chess Programmer(DB)
Feb 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

he's the best crosser in the world, one of the very best passers in the world, and one of the very best set piece takers in the world, so I don't see how he is overrated
have you ever watched Beckham?

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
ruud van nistelrooy is very overrated imo.

just look at how he runs:no offence to anyone but whenever he makes a run he looks clumsy->maybe because of the hair,but nevertheless clumsy.i do agree he is wuick but being quick and being fast are two very different things.being quick is being alert and aware of your surroundings and the plays of the players with and against you and reacting when the ball comes to you.being fast,on the other hand,is more tangible and has to do with sprinting and phsical running.you look at RVN and yes i agree he is quick but not fast.trez, on the other hand,is both.he always looks like he's not gonna get there but almost always does.

RVN is also not,shall i say,flexible enough.he looks like a very stiff player eg.not one who would do a bicycle kick/mid-air volley etc, some things we so affectionately associate with trez.and in the process,it makes him less spectacular-more clinical than other finishers but nevertheless not as pleasing to the eye.having said that,i would like to mention that although trez is more flamboyant in his finishing i you would EXPECT him to be less accurate/effective than RVN.however this is far from the case.

however there are faults to trez's play-he does not contribute much to the team's play which puts him in a better position to finish but also may come across to others as lazy.RVN is not the typical flair striker but he does come up with a couple of passes occasionally.

just my two cents:)
Overrated or not, he keeps getting on the scoresheet. Even against us.

What was wrong with Trezeguet btw? For a moment there I thought Salas was playing! :D

Bongiovi

Jul 12, 2002
Well I thought Juve played with heart and soul....it's a shame it wasn't a draw...

The bit that made me laugh was the commentators....." Well Giggs has provided 2 fantasic balls that RVN would just love to play with!......I was in stitches.....

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Good game overall but nothing to show for it :down: Genius of a move by Lippi when he switched Zenoni from right wing. Unfortunately Olivera couldn't do much.
Good show Juve :thumb: Now all we need to do is score goals :wallbang:

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Bongiovi ] ++
The bit that made me laugh was the commentators....." Well Giggs has provided 2 fantasic balls that RVN would just love to play with!......I was in stitches.....
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

nina

Feb 18, 2001
The result might not be something to be happy about, BUT I was pleased with our performance and haven't seen such a good one since we played Milan at home early this season :touched: What a midfield! :shocked:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
we lacked the final pass in the third quarter of the field but i thought it was a great performance by the entire team,except maybe chimenti.

imo the first goal could have been prevented if we had montero or ferrara marking wes brown,and chimenti could have saved it anyway.terrible goalkeeping imo.he let in more than he saved,in fact i think he didn't make a single save.

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
we lacked the final pass in the third quarter of the field but i thought it was a great performance by the entire team,except maybe chimenti.

imo the first goal could have been prevented if we had montero or ferrara marking wes brown,and chimenti could have saved it anyway.terrible goalkeeping imo.he let in more than he saved,in fact i think he didn't make a single save.
I agree,
I think first goal was because of lack of attention, if you see the replay you can see that the juve player were not looking at the ball while Beckham was taking the corner.
And the second was a mistake made by Davids, who played very good!, followed by a lack of communication between Chimenti and Montero.

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
++ [ originally posted by DaJuve ] ++
I think Juve players were waiting for the ref to blow for a foul.
The ref was not very good, Zalayeta was pulled down in penalty area, which is clear penalty!
I think in Italie the refs blow for every foul but elsewhere they don't whistle for small fouls

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
There was a handball on Silvestre early in the game. Don't know where it happened though cause no replay was shown.. :rolleyes:

Then there was Nedved diving like hell in the box. :mad:

And then there was Olivera who was fouled but not enough to warrant a penalty, a little strange how he hung onto Keane's arm.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
We should stop petitioning for the ref and just play our game. That way everybody would have been more attuned to the quick taken corner by Beckham resulting in the first goal.

I remember that handball clearly ....

Nedved's diving rate was quite low in this game though ;)

And there was the miss by RVN and Chimenti fouled him. That should have been a penalty and a red card.

Sep 28, 2002
i dont what about the first half, i didnt see it but as commentators said, 1-0 in ht is harsh to juve, they deserved a better result.

midfield has a fine game, davids, tacch, camo played good, and nedved was fantastic, he was the only player running and running and running and never stopped.

defence didnt do very well, its not up to ferrara to catch rvn. and the situation were penalty should have awarded with rvn down and scoles hiiting the post.

bur fine performance anyway, with the play we had, away at old trafford. losing 2-1, but the result wasnt fair.

but we were lucky too, scoles -> post -> no penalty. i almost cried.

lucky man u, if some of 1st team flayers will be fit next week, its gonna be 2-0 to juve.

i hope, damn, we deserve aplace at least in semies.

go juve go, get well soon.
buffon, thuram, di vaio etc. drink hot teo with honey and lemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)