Man Utd-juventus (1 Viewer)

kristian1199

Aug 2, 2002
Beckham is VERY VERY VERY overrated! I sense some English minded thinking in Tom´s post´s, but hell if I we´re English I would probably like Beckham too and let´s not forget that in '98 you all hated Beckham!

Beckham is not a great player he might be good even if I don´t like him, but he certainly isn´t great. Saying he´s great is just plain sillyness!

Worlds best right wingers:
1. Figo
2. Totti
3. Mendieta
4. Beckham

In what is Beckham the best of the world (in some of these things he is not the only one who´s the worlds best)!
1. Crossing
2. Free kicks (Even tough I think he´s overrated in these too cos' he doesn´t score from these as often as Del Piero for example)
3. Passing (Being a playmaker)
4. Right foot (Meaning: He has one of the most talented right foot´s in the world)

Trezeguet is better than Van Nistelrooy!

World´s best finishers:
Gabriel Batistuta, Carlos Torres (Plays in Jaen he´s the MAN), HJ Crespo, Marco Ferrante, Robbie Fowler, Franca (Sao Paulo), Corrado Grabbi, Ronald Gomez (OFI Crete), JF Hasselbaink, Lee Hughes (W.B.A.), Adrian Ilie (ex-Valencia), Pippo Inzaghi, Iván Kaviedes, Ulf Kirsten (Yes, I know he has quitted), Meho Kodro (Former Real Sociedad legend), Vitaly Kutuzov (Great Milanese youngster), Gorka Larrea (Promising Real Sociedad youngster), Cristiano Lucarelli, Nikos Machlas, Pippo Maniero, Vincenzo Montella, Fernando Morientes, Demis Nikolaidis (The AEK great!!!), Alex Notman (former ManU youngster), Pauleta, Kevin Phillips, Preki, Romario, Ronaldo, Louis Saha, Salva, Alan Shearer, Shevchenko, Signori, Alan Smith, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Trezeguet and Vieri!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sh@d0w

Dec 7, 2002
i got strange feeling that this match will be showed on Viasat Sport...

i wont miss this game... forza juve even if they loose...

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
Besides, there aren't many teams that can provide as many chances as Man U. Just imagine what Trezeguet can do on Man U shirt!:eek::D.
Yeah, you're right...they can provide so many chances especially from their wingers (read: Beckham and Giggs). While Scholes and Veron/even Keane can play their roles as a destroyer in midfield.
That's what makes them looks scary ;)

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by kristian1199 ] ++
Beckham is VERY VERY VERY overrated! I sense some English minded thinking in Tom´s post´s, but hell if I we´re English I would probably like Beckham too and let´s not forget that in '98 you all hated Beckham!

Beckham is not a great player he might be good even if I don´t like him, but he certainly isn´t great. Saying he´s great is just plain sillyness!

Worlds best right wingers:
1. Figo
2. Totti
3. Mendieta
4. Beckham

In what is Beckham the best of the world (in some of these things he is not the only one who´s the worlds best)!
1. Crossing
2. Free kicks (Even tough I think he´s overrated in these too cos' he doesn´t score from these as often as Del Piero for example)
3. Passing (Being a playmaker)
4. Right foot (Meaning: He has one of the most talented right foot´s in the world)

Trezeguet is better than Van Nistelrooy!

World´s best finishers:
Gabriel Batistuta, Carlos Torres (Plays in Jaen he´s the MAN), HJ Crespo, Marco Ferrante, Robbie Fowler, Franca (Sao Paulo), Corrado Grabbi, Ronald Gomez (OFI Crete), JF Hasselbaink, Lee Hughes (W.B.A.), Adrian Ilie (ex-Valencia), Pippo Inzaghi, Iván Kaviedes, Ulf Kirsten (Yes, I know he has quitted), Meho Kodro (Former Real Sociedad legend), Vitaly Kutuzov (Great Milanese youngster), Gorka Larrea (Promising Real Sociedad youngster), Cristiano Lucarelli, Nikos Machlas, Pippo Maniero, Vincenzo Montella, Fernando Morientes, Demis Nikolaidis (The AEK great!!!), Alex Notman (former ManU youngster), Pauleta, Kevin Phillips, Preki, Romario, Ronaldo, Louis Saha, Salva, Alan Shearer, Shevchenko, Signori, Alan Smith, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Trezeguet and Vieri!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree with:
1 Beckham is overrated
2 Trezeguet is better than Van Nistelrooy

But why do you put Totti in the world's best right wingers list? He's a playmaker, both for Roma and Italy.

Concerning your world's best finishers list:
1 Many of these players shouldn't be included, like Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Pippo Maniero and Christiano Lucarelli. They simply aren't good enough to be put in the same list with devastators like Crespo, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, etc.
2 As you've included players like Solskjaer, Maniero and Lucarelli, you sould also include Adriano, Di Vaio(at his best), Claudio Lopez, Tomasson, Kallon, Di Natale, Miccoli, Saviola, Kluivert, Diego Tristan, Makaay, Kovacevic, Catanha, Javi Moreno, Palermo, Anderson, Govou, Cisse, Nonda, Amoroso, Elber, Sand, Kezman, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Van Hoijdonk, Jardel and Larsson just to name a few.;) (If I have understood correctly, you're after strikers that have the job to score goals, like Inzaghi. In other words finishers. But not after creative forwards like Del Piero. Am I right?)

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
Juve should play more controled. I know without DP there will be a great void but we have to go on and do somethink. Let say two draw matches against MU would be great. Last week MU doesn't play well. And Juve have to be more aggressive. I think the following line up would be good:

Buffon

Thuram Tudor Monter Zambrotta

Camoranesi Nedved Tacchinardi Davids

Trez Di Vaio

A good midfield
Lets hope that Basel get victory upon Depo

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
regarding becks:

1. great cross, good LONG ball passing, good at set peices. no dribbling skills, not a very good defensive side. only uses his right side.

2. he isnt as good as say figo who has every quality. Del Piero and VH from feyenoord are the same as becks in free kicks, actually, VH and del piero currently score more from set peices.

3. Becks isnt overated, its just that england hasnt got anyone else to really talk about it etc...players like scholes are great, but can't be compared to the best in their position. Whereas becks is one of the best right wingers in the world. if becks played for say brazil or france, he wouldnt get as much attention as he does now because there are others who are the best in their potiion. eg. Carlos, best left back, vieira, best DM, thuram, best right back and so on.

RVN is a good striker no doubt, but trezeguet is no worse. infact, trez's goal scoring is unbelievable for juve, as is RVNs for Man utd...i think that they both suit their teams tactics well.

i think juveboy's team is teh line up lippi will go with, except i think lippi is actually of thinking of playing ferrara instead tudor.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by JuveBoy ] ++
Juve should play more controled. I know without DP there will be a great void but we have to go on and do somethink. Let say two draw matches against MU would be great. Last week MU doesn't play well. And Juve have to be more aggressive. I think the following line up would be good:

Buffon

Thuram Tudor Monter Zambrotta

Camoranesi Nedved Tacchinardi Davids

Trez Di Vaio

A good midfield
Lets hope that Basel get victory upon Depo
I THINK IF JUVE PLAYED WELL LIKE PARMA MATCH THEY WILL WIN THIS GAME EASILY . MAN UNITED CAN LOSE IT IS NOT THAT TEAM IF YOU SAW THEIR GAME WITH ARSENAL WITHOUT HENRY THEY WON EASILY

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
ruud van nistelrooy is very overrated imo.

just look at how he runs:no offence to anyone but whenever he makes a run he looks clumsy->maybe because of the hair,but nevertheless clumsy.i do agree he is wuick but being quick and being fast are two very different things.being quick is being alert and aware of your surroundings and the plays of the players with and against you and reacting when the ball comes to you.being fast,on the other hand,is more tangible and has to do with sprinting and phsical running.you look at RVN and yes i agree he is quick but not fast.trez, on the other hand,is both.he always looks like he's not gonna get there but almost always does.

RVN is also not,shall i say,flexible enough.he looks like a very stiff player eg.not one who would do a bicycle kick/mid-air volley etc, some things we so affectionately associate with trez.and in the process,it makes him less spectacular-more clinical than other finishers but nevertheless not as pleasing to the eye.having said that,i would like to mention that although trez is more flamboyant in his finishing i you would EXPECT him to be less accurate/effective than RVN.however this is far from the case.

however there are faults to trez's play-he does not contribute much to the team's play which puts him in a better position to finish but also may come across to others as lazy.RVN is not the typical flair striker but he does come up with a couple of passes occasionally.

just my two cents:)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
oh and btw i read that fergie was watching at the parma match:D
man will he be scared now:D

also i think veron AND beckham are out of the match:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)