Mahmoud Ahmadinejad revealed to have Jewish past :lol: (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I dont know if you are being serious or sarcastic, i dont really care either way, i have always been led to believe he is anti-semetic and i found it somewhat ammusing that this had surfaced. Thats about where it begins and ends with me.
If you don't care, then why did you respond?

I sort of care about this because things don't add up. There is quite the effort out there to skew public opinion on Iran so that if the bombs want to be dropped, people aren't so outraged by it. And this is of course while our prices at the pump sky rocket and Americans die from an increasing amount of terror attacks around the globe.

And for what? Well, to stop a part Jewish guy from blowing his ancestors' nation to smithereens, of course.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
He is nothing like Hitler. He is a clear extremist, but dont exaggerate.
A bit less ambitious, far less patriotic. That's about it.

holocaust denial doesn't necessarily mean antisemitic. Sure its rather stupid to deny its occurrence. But still, denying the occurrence of a historical event does not make you antisemitic imo.
What about denying the occurrence of Muhammad? Isn't it anti-Islam?

Exactly. Its become too convenient of an argument. One cannot argue anything about Israel or the Jews without being called antisemitic.
I fully agree with you but still it's much safer to deny Holocaust rather than draw prophet Muhammad's caricatures, isn't it.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
A bit less ambitious, far less patriotic. That's about it.

What about denying the occurrence of Muhammad? Isn't it anti-Islam?

I fully agree with you but still it's much safer to deny Holocaust rather than draw prophet Muhammad's caricatures, isn't it.
Thats exactly my point. I don't go around calling the whole world antimuslims because they deny that there was a prophet called Muhammad now, do I?

As for your last statement. I wouldn't be so sure of that, in some places you could get jailed for denying the holocaust happened. Now if that law was in Israel, i'd be mildly understanding. But its not, in some European countries you could go to jail for denying the holocaust happened.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
The reactions are not even comparable Fred. Ahmadinejad, as a president of a nation, denies Holocaust in every formal and informal speech in or out of Iran. What would have happened if a political figure had stated the same thing about Muhammad by denying him being a God's messenger?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
The reactions are not even comparable Fred. Ahmadinejad, as a president of a nation, denies Holocaust in every formal and informal speech in or out of Iran. What would have happened if a political figure had stated the same thing about Muhammad by denying him being a God's messenger?
Ok, that might be right for this case.

But anyone who denies the holocaust is branded an antisemitic, isn't he? It doesn't really matter if he's a nations president or if he's just a normal person like me and you.

If you deny its occurrence your automatically branded an antsemitic

ßüякε;2374066 said:
That doesn't hold the same historical significance though.

Who decides what holds more historical significance.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
ßüякε;2374101 said:
The majority of the world.

Ask a Turk or an Armenian about their "genocide".

It's not as important because it's been stricken from the history books.
Fair enough.

My original point stands though, denying the occurrence of the holocaust does not make one antisemitic.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
ßüякε;2374101 said:
The majority of the world.

Ask a Turk or an Armenian about their "genocide".

It's not as important because it's been stricken from the history books.
Speaking of which, we might finally see the American congress recognize it this year.

Apr 12, 2004
Fair enough.

My original point stands though, denying the occurrence of the holocaust does not make one antisemitic.
Of course not, it makes one an idiot, stupid, an asshole, and in-compassionate.
Speaking of which, we might finally see the American congress recognize it this year.
I certainly hope so, I'm tired of this Turkish "we didn't commit genocide" shit. Look, own up to it, be over with it, Germany did the same thing and now they are one of the richest and best nations in the world.

Turkey = Dicks

Armenia = Pussies

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
ßüякε;2374116 said:
I certainly hope so, I'm tired of this Turkish "we didn't commit genocide" shit. Look, own up to it, be over with it, Germany did the same thing and now they are one of the richest and best nations in the world.

Turkey = Dicks

Armenia = Pussies
I love you Burke :lol2:

:xfinger:

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Ok, that might be right for this case.

But anyone who denies the holocaust is branded an antisemitic, isn't he? It doesn't really matter if he's a nations president or if he's just a normal person like me and you.

If you deny its occurrence your automatically branded an antsemitic

Who decides what holds more historical significance.
And rightly so.

When someone repeatedly denies such a well documented event, he obviously has an agenda. Do you deny this?

OP
Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
  • Thread Starter #37
    If you don't care, then why did you respond?

I sort of care about this because things don't add up. There is quite the effort out there to skew public opinion on Iran so that if the bombs want to be dropped, people aren't so outraged by it. And this is of course while our prices at the pump sky rocket and Americans die from an increasing amount of terror attacks around the globe.

And for what? Well, to stop a part Jewish guy from blowing his ancestors' nation to smithereens, of course.
    I meant by that i didnt care which way meant because it didnt really affect me, but i wanted to make how i felt about it clear.

Having taken an interested and read about it, from what i can tell he isnt conventionally (how most rational people would think) anti-semetic. He is just strongly anti zionist and his holocaust denial is because he has convinced himself that it was zionist propaganda for something he is vehemently opposed too. The reason he is being brandished anti-semetic i because Israel and Israeli supporters views being anti them and being against Judaism. So i having bothered to read into something will withdraw calling him an anti-semite and put it down to my lazyness.

kej?

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    And rightly so.

When someone repeatedly denies such a well documented event, he obviously has an agenda. Do you deny this?
    Either that or you seriously need to take some history lessons if you deny such an evident event. So yes, denying Holocaust is clearly antisemitic but thing is that you don't necessarily need to deny Holocaust to be labeled antisemitic.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    And rightly so.

Not really. Maybe he's(not referring to Ahmedinejad) just not convinced with the evidence provided.

I don't know if Ahmedinejad has an agenda. He's a politician, they all have political agenda's they want to further so i wouldnt be surprised at all if he is saying all this because he has an agenda. I don't want to get into the debate over whether he is antisemitic or not to be honest.

What i am saying however is, not believing the holocaust happened does not necessarily mean you are antisemitic. The term is being used too loosely these days and is just thrown in the argument whenever anyone has something to say about the Jews or Israel.

I meant by that i didnt care which way meant because it didnt really affect me, but i wanted to make how i felt about it clear.

Having taken an interested and read about it, from what i can tell he isnt conventionally (how most rational people would think) anti-semetic. He is just strongly anti zionist and his holocaust denial is because he has convinced himself that it was zionist propaganda for something he is vehemently opposed too. The reason he is being brandished anti-semetic i because Israel and Israeli supporters views being anti them and being against Judaism. So i having bothered to read into something will withdraw calling him an anti-semite and put it down to my lazyness.

kej?
    :tup:

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    Not really. Maybe he's(not referring to Ahmedinejad) just not convinced with the evidence provided.
    If you study enough about the evidence provided for the occurrence of Holocaust you will be convinced, there's no doubt about it. If someone is not convinced yet it means that he needs to know more which means that he is not in a place to make statements before he gets educated about the matter. When he, despite all this, still denies the event, it obviously shows he has an agenda.

I don't know if Ahmedinejad has an agenda. He's a politician, they all have political agenda's they want to further so i wouldnt be surprised at all if he is saying all this because he has an agenda.
    He is a politician, he is well educated and he has an agenda. Thing is that I'm not convinced yet whether he's pro or anti Zionist :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)