Mahamadou Diarra (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006

Durden

May 11, 2006
He can't even be compared to Essien. Essien is all a coach does need in the centre midfield; absolute power and quickness, a true ball winner, shares in attacking as well as defending, has heavy leg and always motivated.
Agreed - but we'll never get Essien, so we have to find an alternative.. Just dont know who??

OP

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
  • Thread Starter #23
    Agreed - but we'll never get Essien, so we have to find an alternative.. Just dont know who??
    I didn't say that we'll get Essien, I was just justifying why it's hard to compare Essien to Diarra.

Answering your question, I think that Sissoko would be a perfect choice for our defensive midfield.

chester

Too busy to bother
    May 20, 2006
    Yes he would, but Pool also knows how important he is for them so he will not be cheap since Pool will need to buy a good replacement for him.

OP

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
  • Thread Starter #26
    Yes he would, but Pool also knows how important he is for them so he will not be cheap since Pool will need to buy a good replacement for him.
    They already signed Mascherano, they won't be willing to accept offers to Sissoko though. Hence, we have to fight in the summer to capture the players that we do need. :smoke:

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
    We need a defensive minded midfielder. We need to talk about the ones that are AVAILABLE to us. Let's get a list going here because I am not on the inside of all these transfer rumors.

My Want List:

A. Diarra
    M. Diarra
    Mascherano
    Mavuba
    Sissoko
    Emerson

Are these folks all available?

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    We need a defensive minded midfielder. We need to talk about the ones that are AVAILABLE to us. Let's get a list going here because I am not on the inside of all these transfer rumors.

My Want List:

A. Diarra
    M. Diarra
    Mascherano
    Mavuba
    Sissoko
    Emerson

Are these folks all available?

Mascherano isn't. Don't know about the others though.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    I think Mahamadou Diarra is a great player and would be that perfect athletic, yet skillfull, defensive midfielder we are looking for. He hasn't always been at his best at madrid, but he gets the benefit of the doubt from me as playing below-par at madrid at the moment is not an oddity.

The other two Diarra's are shite.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
    He can't even be compared to Essien. Essien is all a coach does need in the centre midfield; absolute power and quickness, a true ball winner, shares in attacking as well as defending, has heavy leg and always motivated.
    do you ever read my posts fully or do you just pick the bits out that you want to and then blabber on about something completely irrelevant??

I said i heard he was better than him when they were both at lyon, i did not say he was better than him nor did i say he is better than him and there certainly was no comparison made by me.

In future i would appreciate it if you took the time to read what my post says, i was asking questions about diarra because i have never seen him play i was not making a statement, bloody hell stop talking random

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
    Failure in Real Madrid does not equal being a poor player. Diarra has the potential to be a dominating force in the Juventus midfield for years to come.

Jul 5, 2005
    I think Diarra can show his abilities in mediocre teams like Lyon or Monaco and not in teams with "star" players like Real or Juve. It will be risky to make this transfer.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
    Diarra would do very well in Italy. He gets called for so many fouls in Spain because contact usually ends in a dive. He isn't built for Spanish football, just like Emerson, since pure DM just dont work.

He is Emerson, except more atheltic. Emerson did a very good job for us, Diarra can do the same if not better.

OP

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
  • Thread Starter #39
    do you ever read my posts fully or do you just pick the bits out that you want to and then blabber on about something completely irrelevant??
    Yes, I read your post fully, also, yes I pick out the part that I need to comment on, I see nothing harmful with that. But the point here is that it was relevant.

I said i heard he was better than him when they were both at lyon, i did not say he was better than him nor did i say he is better than him and there certainly was no comparison made by me.
    Did I say that you said so?

Did I say that you said that Diarra is better tham Essien?

Did I say that you compared between them?

I know that you heard and I was commenting on what you did hear and nothing more.

In future i would appreciate it if you took the time to read what my post says, i was asking questions about diarra because i have never seen him play i was not making a statement, bloody hell stop talking random
    So, you have to appreciate it from now onwards since I already take my time reading all posts and don't throw such accusations on people without knowing the truth please. By the way, I'm the one who would appreciate it if you stop ordering people that way.

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    He isn't built for Spanish football, just like Emerson, since pure DM just dont work.

He is Emerson, except more atheltic. Emerson did a very good job for us, Diarra can do the same if not better.
    :agree: 100%

i still feel that its a long shot in signing him, it would be a good piece to acquire so lets see how long he can tolerate being in spain

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)