Mafia: Vikings in Distress (63 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Guys, sorry for posting here, but I didn't want to ask these questions when I was playing so I won't be suspicious...
@Kate, @Ocelot, @Osman, I'm asking now:
- Can the detective blaze the gun on day 1 before voting deadline?
- Can the lawyer protect himself from lynching?
- Can the jailer jail himself?

OP
Ocelot

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
  • Thread Starter #207
    Guys, sorry for posting here, but I didn't want to ask these questions when I was playing so I won't be suspicious...
    -No, Guns blazing is only after the deadline on day 1.
    -Don't think it's stated specifically in the rules, but I think yes, I'll allow it.
    -No.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    No on all questions.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    -No, Guns blazing is only after the deadline on day 1.
    -Don't think it's stated specifically in the rules, but I think yes, I'll allow it.
    -No.
    It's a no on the lawyer too, narrative wise it's told as the lawyer stepping in with inspiring speech to get the suspect off the hook. If the lawyer is the suspect himself about to hang, he can't really do that in such a scenario .

OP
    Ocelot

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
  • Thread Starter #211
    It's a no on the lawyer too, narrative wise it's told as the lawyer stepping in with inspiring speech to get the suspect off the hook. If the lawyer is the suspect himself about to hang, he can't really do that in such a scenario .
    A lawyer in real life can choose to represent himself too ;)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    No on all questions.
    I don't understand why is it a no on the 2nd question. If the lawyer can protect others from being lynched, why can't he protect himself? Just like real lawyers can defend themselves on court (if the lawyer IS the defendant), I think it should be possible in this game too.
    I never saw this in the rules and that's why I ask.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    I don't understand why is it a no on the 2nd question. If the lawyer can protect others from being lynched, why can't he protect himself? Just like real lawyers can defend themselves on court (if the lawyer IS the defendant), I think it should be possible in this game too.
    I never saw this in the rules and that's why I ask.
    We should discuss this in the sign up thread instead.

To limit it a little to stop the lawyer from abusing it on himself, but as I said narrative wise it only make sense in paranoid town if the about to be hanged is out of the blue saved by the lawyer. The lawyer doing it for himself doesn't make as much sense, to waste the action of the power on himself. If the lawyer is being lynched, only thing needs to do is to confess he is the lawyer before deadline.

Played games with lawyer role a dozen time before we used it here, they were always adamant that only thing he can't do is use it for himself.

OP
    Ocelot

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
  • Thread Starter #220
    While we are discussing rules: I forgot to add in the first post that the vigilante, if he is jailed, cannot kill someone that day. Same as all special roles really, but just for clarification.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 63)