Mafia: Vikings in Distress (20 Viewers)

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
Quetz, was the player of the game for sure. His idea the first two days, to vote as a group, because the C's had little to go by, and to see if the G's would react if you got lucky and picked a G was genius. Funnily enough, he actually picked Fr3sh both mornings first thing, and The first day I immediately suggested Janna before the Fr3sh suggestion could build momentum (and everyone always seems excited to get Janna), and the second day we kind of threw ILFJ in there due to his ridiculous gameplay on that first day. Quetz managed to pressure most of us G's throughout the first few days, while also dealing with Joker's endless attacks.

When you first mentioned autolynching yourself, we didn't really think you would, but then when you said you would have no internet, we put too much faith in that, and it allowed us to go forward with a bold plan of winning today. Were you always planning on posting before deadline today? Or was it less planned and more of a if you could, you would thing? Either way, when you posted we knew we were screwed. The play to eliminate Joker was messed up, we could have saved ALC by my throwing my vote on Joker anyways, but then the C's would have all of our identities for sure at that point, and the game was over.

We went all in to win, as assuming you and ILFJ autolynched, we whacked Soren, and lynched Joker (which we had the votes to do until you both showed up, because Ford out himself in jail allowing us to outnumber the C's), it wouldn't have mattered if Kate killed one of us, it would have been 5 G's and 5 C's. So we tried to play it somewhat slow on Joker votes, and even with his kamikaze we wouldn't really have cared, just kept our votes on him to make sure ALC was safe, and we would have won. But, you two showed up, and our all-in plan backfired spectacularly by giving the C's all of our identities and not allowing us to win at the same time, so game over, regardless of lynching, and Kate's success with her kill. I suppose the problem is dealing with the autolynch claim, when people guarantee they will autolynch, or claim they will, you have to decide if you'll believe them and risk them returning anyways, or if you won't believe them and risk wasting a lynching, or a whack, or making a plan around this just to be safe. We discussed flipping our votes to you right before deadline, Matt, the night you said you would autolynch, so that both you and Fred would die, as Fred did autolynch. We would have had to time it right, but we had the swing votes. However, we decided against it, in part as it would look suspicious, and then in part over some stupid reasoning about keeping the game more interesting :sergio: It certainly did keep it more interesting. You flipped the game on its head.

Anyways, kudos to you. Player of the game in my opinion. You kept pushing the right buttons with us, and it took a lot of work to lead the other C's away from your suggestions at times. And regardless of all else, coming back today, when you did, both saved the game for the C's and won it, in one fell swoop.

Kate, you would have been the ideal recruit even if your skills were gone. If we had gotten you, we would have had a trusted C, all the way to today, when the C's finally found out you couldn't kill anyone. By that point the game would likely be over, or 7-6, G's to C's. It really would have put a kink in the idea of safe And confirmed C's as for some reason no one seemed to think you had been recruited. It was a massive oversight not to have you in the recruit pool. Kyle and I both wanted you in there. As I also said, we should have waited one day to recruit, as having Ford in there with you, would have given is much better odds of getting you, but we didn't want Fr3sh to get killed before we could use his recruiting skill, as it seemed a lot of people had a thing for putting Fr3sh out of the game early on. Poor reasoning by us, looking back at it now. We were somewhat worried you would use your V shot on him. Instead you chose Fint.
It would have been very interesting had you recruited me, I was pretty damn sure you wouldn't as I trusted the angry mob to want to take me down. But, as you say, people seemed so sure of that as well that it could have made for an interesting game.

I might not have been as tipped off at the end, had I not previously been in conversation with j0ker, and was pretty damn sure he was a C. Then when you all fell in line to get ALC off, yeah...we were paranoid at the beginning, and it seems you guys spooked at the end. You personally played a very good game.

You know my first target instead of Fint was Lion, but I back-tracked. I never should do that and always trust my first instinct.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
What I tell you guys abt kyle and alc? You guys should have listened

- - - Updated - - -

Just read the thread, well done Kate and Ford, you really redeemed yourselves at the end, master stroke really.

I was convinced that ALC, Kyle and Salvo were G's. Terribly wrong about Salvo I guess :D

Kyle, weren't you the one who decided to whack Hoori? :D
yup
I remember shatting my pants reading that. We had left you alive because we figured one prompt as to why you hadnt been recruited and we could have you lynched that day. It worked just in time as you were figuring things out.

I feel bad for you though because now the Gs dont even have to lynch you :lol: you're fucked in like every game from the start.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
I feel bad for you though because now the Gs dont even have to lynch you :lol: you're fucked in like every game from the start.
He was mostly lynched because of outside intervension of Preet. If not for that retarded thing there wasn't anything to lynch him for.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
It would have been very interesting had you recruited me, I was pretty damn sure you wouldn't as I trusted the angry mob to want to take me down. But, as you say, people seemed so sure of that as well that it could have made for an interesting game.

I might not have been as tipped off at the end, had I not previously been in conversation with j0ker, and was pretty damn sure he was a C. Then when you all fell in line to get ALC off, yeah...we were paranoid at the beginning, and it seems you guys spooked at the end. You personally played a very good game.

You know my first target instead of Fint was Lion, but I back-tracked. I never should do that and always trust my first instinct.
I wonder how things would have panned out had you been recruited, I never suspected you had been as the dynamic never changed in our conversations - if you were able to do that and had been recruited then I doubt I would have realised, the game was too open for it to be obvious if you were guiding me in the wrong direction. I think we did quite well working together.

This autolynch rule needs rethinking, the Cs we're royally fucked from day 1 losing 3Cs , and 9 Cs by day 3 :sergio: - If anyone questions why i went public, that is why and in fairness to Kate, Rak, and Salvo, that is when the game changed and they played it brilliantly.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
12 names?

You might aswell included all 21 players. :D
Thats not the point, the point was the logic, I left 12 names there because I didn't want to remove anyone without an objective reason. I told you guys, past games show us that the most active players are always civilians, Alen being the outlier. Despite the fact that I had strong suspicions about Quetz in the first two days, but after seeing how active he was, I removed him and Radekas from the suspect list. Its the best one could have done on day 3 really.

yup

I remember shatting my pants reading that. We had left you alive because we figured one prompt as to why you hadnt been recruited and we could have you lynched that day. It worked just in time as you were figuring things out.

That turned out to be a stroke of genius to be honest :D

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder how things would have panned out had you been recruited, I never suspected you had been as the dynamic never changed in our conversations - if you were able to do that and had been recruited then I doubt I would have realised, the game was too open for it to be obvious if you were guiding me in the wrong direction. I think we did quite well working together.

This autolynch rule needs rethinking, the Cs we're royally fucked from day 1 losing 3Cs , and 9 Cs by day 3 :sergio: - If anyone questions why i went public, that is why and in fairness to Kate, Rak, and Salvo, that is when the game changed and they played it brilliantly.
I strongly disagree, it weeds out those who contribute nothing to the game and stay alive for a long time for the sole virtue of being inactive. I think this new rule balances out the advantage people have from inactivity. I do think those who get autolynched due to inactivity shouldn't be allowed to play the next game IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)