Maduro (2 Viewers)

OP
lestat_1987

lestat_1987

Aug 31, 2005
  • Thread Starter #43
    ++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++
    Maybe next summer. He wouldn't leave in the winter break and risk not being included in the world cup squad. Besides, Ajax aren't exactly keen on selling him.
    how keen were they in selling van der vaart?

Eight

Oct 18, 2005
    Perhaps.

But he could have banned me for a more just reason.
    This was just ridiculous. It even got more ridiculous when I explicitly asked for it. Zlatan's simply not a very good moderator. But hey, I guess you're pretty aware of the fact that this forum has taken some big steps backwards as well. It's pretty much a Zlatan fan club now anyway.

OP
    lestat_1987

lestat_1987

Aug 31, 2005
  • Thread Starter #48
    hey erik, could you tell me a little more about Rafa´s transfer to hamburg? why was ajax quite keen on selling him?

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Because Ajax *always* play in a 4-3-3 system. The fans demand it; they want attacking play. In a 4-3-3 system, there isn't really any room on the midfield for both Wesley Sneyder AND Rafael van der Vaart. Under the circumstances (Van der Vaart was struggling with his role as captain, would like a new challenge etc), it wasn't a bad move at all to sell Van der Vaart, earn some money off him, and really get the most out of Sneyder's capabilities.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    The 4-3-3 system is Holland culture, I heard that all amateur clubs in Holland play with this formation, so this culture has to be carried to the bigger clubs.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    True. All amateur clubs play like that; so do most professional clubs with a few exceptions. Feyenoord don't always live up to it, nor do some smaller clubs who often play more defensively when they meet one of the big guns.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
    The 4-3-3 system is Holland culture, I heard that all amateur clubs in Holland play with this formation, so this culture has to be carried to the bigger clubs.
    The 4-3-3 is getting old. Clubs like PSV and the Dutch NT are now changing it slightly. They play three defensive midfielders to reduce the stress on the defense. So it's not really traditional 4-3-3 anymore (it's actually quite similar to the formation Mourinho uses).

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by SUPERAJAX ] ++

explain me then why on this forum they are talking about 5 players of Ajax

KEEP YOUR ****ING HANDS OFF OUR PLAYERS
    Just to piss you off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)