Lukas Podolski - AM RL, SS - Arsenal (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
I have always liked Podolski, Yes he hasnt shown at big clubs but you also cant deny his talent and scoring ability. Could easily be a case of having the right coach, atmosphere, teammates etc who the heck knows or he can become a less then 10 a year goal scorer either way for the price that is being thrown around he is someone id take a chance on if we were to take a chance on anyone of these marotta last minute specials.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Podolski is quality, in the right circumstances.

I think his time at Arsenal can be seen as not the right circumstances. Same for his other high profile clubs.

You don't make it on the German NT without some proven talent and ability, even if you are a "role player" so called.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Would be an incredibly meh signing. Nothing to get excited about. An incredibly average club player throughout his career (although he delivered the goods for the German national team in the past).

He isn't that horrible and things could be worse, so I guess for the right price and low wages, I'd be ok with him.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Interesting how he was almost always great for German NT but disappointed at clubs. :D

Looks like a panic signing to me at the moment.

It seems we're just looking for a backup. For cheap he might be a good option to have as I always liked him. But looking at the transfer he's just one more signing who will not improve our starting XI, which is our plan this summer obviously.

:gsol: we had 27mln lined up for Iturbe, we'll buy one key player :gsol:

And now we're gonna have excuses lined up like 'it's better to save for next summer than waste money now on some random player'. 'There are no players available'. 'We can compete with top clubs but we just don't want to'.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
You didn't think we'd make a signing outright, did you ?

At this point, it's better to think our mercato is finished instead of hoping for anything... :rolleyes:
I am just curious to know what happened to that money we supposedly had and were willing to splash on Iturbe :rolleyes:

I don't want any of that convenient BS like "Allegri is new so we are saving it for next year" cuz that is a really retarded excuse. Let's hold back on being a bit more competitive for another year. Who comes up with this bullcrap anyway? :howler:

However, if someone can give me a convincing response (such as, we never had the money to begin with and back it up with relevant facts) I am willing to be a little less harsh on the board that is glorified and touted as some kind of god who can do no wrong by some Tuzzers.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Well, we're almost status quo on sales/ buys this mercato which is what we needed for FFP.

Without selling I don't think it would have been possible to finance Iturbe. But just like anyone here, just guessing.

Apart from that we are more competitive this season than we were last year. CL will show us that. We didn't add a star, but we have much more different aspects to our game now with these additions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)