Luis Suarez - Forward - Liverpool (91 Viewers)

If possible, would you sign Luis Suárez?

• Yes, he's a great player

• Yes, but only if the price is right

• Begrudgingly, his talent outweighs the negatives

• No, his character doesn't reflect well on Juventus

• No, he is almost subhuman

• Kill it, kill it with fire!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
Where does he fit in a 4-3-3?
that was a problem at ajax too. That is why Jol back then change the system to a more 4-4-2 with suarez as ss. the next season ajax played 4-3-3 and suarez played rw and left in january to liverpool.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
saurez played ss when pantelic was the striker and played rw when mounir was playing ;) so no he didn't play CF at ajax :p
Suarez played next to Pantelic ;) So yes he was a CF. He did the same as Cavani did switching sides/places and going to the middle when needed. You know what ss stands for right?

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
Suarez played next to Pantelic ;) So yes he was a CF. He did the same as Cavani did switching sides/places and going to the middle when needed. You know what ss stands for right?
yes a support striker. Pantelic was the targetman, saurez had a freerole behind him ;)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Calling him rasist is saying you believe newspapers more than his own words.
Actually Suarez admitted he used the word 'negrito'. Considering he was involved in an argument with Evra and they were giving each other evils I'm not really bowled over by the theory that it was a harmless term.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
:sergio: And Suarez didnt play as a CF at Ajax? Use a facepalm when you know something for sure ;) and iirc Cavano can play on the sides so he isnt a typical CF aswell.
Cavani's pretty shite when he play to the left or right of the CF. Tried multiple times for Uruguay and rarely looks comfortable. He's the most productive as a CF.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
Cavani's pretty $#@!e when he play to the left or right of the CF. Tried multiple times for Uruguay and rarely looks comfortable. He's the most productive as a CF.
We saw that against Juve aswell Bro, he tried it from all the sides and still coulnd't enforce anything, i love the guy's talent but i prefer Suarez :D You can have Krasic in return tho!

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Perhaps you should be revisiting the definition yourself. What he did was categorically illegal.

what you;re doing here is diluting the meaning of teh very thing you;re trying so hard to crusade against, there isnt one team nor one player thats has never 'broken' the rules, and therefore according to your naive categorical and absolute definition, everyone is a cheater which makes the qualification moot. The primary intent here is key, suarez didnt care one bit whether the ref would catch him instinctively blocking the ball from going in at the last minute of OT in a WC qf. And i said this before, if there was a player out there who wouldnt do that, and i highly doubt there is, i wouldnt want him on my team.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
what you;re doing here is diluting the meaning of teh very thing you;re trying so hard to crusade against, there isnt one team nor one player thats has never 'broken' the rules, and therefore according to your naive categorical and absolute definition, everyone is a cheater which makes the qualification moot. The primary intent here is key, suarez didnt care one bit whether the ref would catch him instinctively blocking the ball from going in at the last minute of OT in a WC qf. And i said this before, if there was a player out there who wouldnt do that, and i highly doubt there is, i wouldnt want him on my team.
And this is why I don't just love you, but why I'm in love with you. :flirt:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Word. It was pathetic that so many people criticized Suarez for an action that I would expect from any of the other 700+ players in the tournament if they were on my team and in such a situation.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
...since I cannot resist. Last one. Seriously.

I bet you wouldn't. Especially if he does it in the last minute of the last match against Atalanta, when the result is 2:1 for Juve and with a draw we lose the scudetto.
Then Buffon saves the penalty and you don't celebrate but you write petitions to sell Vucinic.
Do me a favour, stick to analyzing statistics rather than making asinine assumptions on what I would do in hypothetical scenarios. It doesn't become you.

This is hilariously rich coming from you; the guy that only a post earlier completely skewed and twisted (fuck it, got outright wrong) the definition of a word in an attempt to excuse inexcusable behaviour.

I've already gone on over what "cheating" is and, of course, in turn you go and try to "dilute" its meaning by insisting that deception is requisite. It's not. It makes no difference if he knew he'd be caught. He willfully broke a fundamental rule of the game in a very anomalous way. Whether everyone is a cheater or whether I'd want them at the club I support is another matter altogether. I've said it already, there are degrees of cheating, and Suarez happens to be at the bottom of the barrel in that regard. Hence, my opinion of him is very poor. Hence I wouldn't want him at Juventus. I can overlook a dive, a professional foul, but what he did? No.

Disagree if you like.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
95%? You sure? If that were accurate we'd have plenty more instances of Suarez-like goalkeeping at big tournaments or important league fixtures. We don't though. Why? Because it's fucking absurdly rare given how inappropriate it is.
Adriano, there's obviously no way of qualifying that statement of mine, whether it's modest hyperbole or not. Am I sure about a random number? :D

It was more of a theoretical point, and yes, I believe that if you asked players on a personal level whether or not they would intentionally handle a ball off the line in order to avoid elimination from a major tournament, the overwhelming majority - probably well above the 90th percentile - would declare strongly that yes, they would do whatever it takes to prevent defeat.

Off hand, I think you could basically extend this theory to just about any relatively comparable, professional team sport, and I agree with the posters who would want all of their teammates to do exactly what Suarez did in a similar circumstance.

Also, clearly there is a set of circumstances here (Nearing the conclusion of a tied knock out match, where a ball is struck close enough to a player that he physically can clear it off the line with his hand) that isn't consistently reproduced. Most of the time it would be retarded to intentionally handle a ball off the line, because most of the time conceding the goal is better than giving up a penalty - which should always be scored - and having a man sent off.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
...since I cannot resist. Last one. Seriously.

Do me a favour, stick to analyzing statistics rather than making asinine assumptions on what I would do in hypothetical scenarios. It doesn't become you.

This is hilariously rich coming from you; the guy that only a post earlier completely skewed and twisted (fuck it, got outright wrong) the definition of a word in an attempt to excuse inexcusable behaviour.

I've already gone on over what "cheating" is and, of course, in turn you go and try to "dilute" its meaning by insisting that deception is requisite. It's not. It makes no difference if he knew he'd be caught. He willfully broke a fundamental rule of the game in a very anomalous way. Whether everyone is a cheater or whether I'd want them at the club I support is another matter altogether. I've said it already, there are degrees of cheating, and Suarez happens to be at the bottom of the barrel in that regard. Hence, my opinion of him is very poor. Hence I wouldn't want him at Juventus. I can overlook a dive, a professional foul, but what he did? No.

Disagree if you like.
how did i get it wrong? it's not my problem you choose to bunch committing a foul and fixing games under the same umbrella, committing fouls is part of the game actual cheating is not.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
how did i get it wrong?
gamesmanship

the use of methods, especially in a sports contest, that are dubious or seemingly improper but not strictly illegal.
the technique or practice of manipulating people or events so as to gain an advantage or outwit one's opponents or competitors.

That describes Suarez's 100% illegal action to you?

it's not my problem you choose to bunch committing a foul and fixing games under the same umbrella, committing fouls is part of the game actual cheating is not.
Yeah, because what he did was just commit an "ordinary foul", ho-hum, part of the game seen weekly. Fuck that.

Keep spinning your wheels, he cheated, no two ways around it.

Just a reminder to everyone what's even being discussed. Disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 86)