Luis Suarez - Forward - Liverpool (113 Viewers)

If possible, would you sign Luis Suárez?

• Yes, he's a great player

• Yes, but only if the price is right

• Begrudgingly, his talent outweighs the negatives

• No, his character doesn't reflect well on Juventus

• No, he is almost subhuman

• Kill it, kill it with fire!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
I wouldn't say I applaud what Suarez did, but in the situation nobody can possibly blame him for doing it.
Of course one can. I consistently do so. I wasn't even supporting Ghana but I found that sort of overt "gesture" despicable regardless of the why.

I don't think it should be classified as 'cheating' either, because it was within the rules and he paid the appropriate consequences for it.
Within the rules? What? LOL... It's about as far outside of the rules as a player can get.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I wouldn't say I applaud what Suarez did, but in the situation nobody can possibly blame him for doing it.

I don't think it should be classified as 'cheating' either, because it was within the rules and he paid the appropriate consequences for it.

A lot of people applaud Ole Solskjaer for sacrificing himself to prevent a goal; I see no difference.

Agree completely. Diving is cheating, trying to fool the judge to get a penalty and hoping that he wont notice and you get a penalty and the other guy a card.

Suarez's action was no worse than stopping a guy like Solskjaer did. He didnt try to fool anybody and did what he had to do and payed the consequences.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Exactly! I'm glad a few can see what I'm trying to say. He fought to the very end....as for Gyan....man I'm still pissed at him to this day!

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
If Juve were in Uruguay's situation and a Juve player DIDN'T do what Suarez did, I'd want that Juve player out of my team asap.

What Suarez did is no different, technically, than making a bad foul in the last seconds in order to stop a developing counter. I always salute a Juve player who makes such smart fouls, even though fouling is also "against the rules" and isn't allowed. As a matter of fact, Vidal did that against Milan in the last minute(s) and got a red card. God knows what would have happened if Vidal didn't make that foul and Milan proceeded with the counter.

May 22, 2007
Obviously I disliked it and thought it was unnecessary. His was a strange case because doing so really seemed to run contrary to the rest of his character, which was otherwise that of a champion. Can't say the same for Suarez who doesn't strike me as a classy sort anyway (biting people).

Other than that? It's a slippery slope to get into but there are degrees of cheating, I think. Some more blatant than others.
I absolutely agree that there are degrees of cheating, even though I wouldn't say no to Suárez right now. I like players such as Brazzo who do a lot to win.

The guy is a pest on the football pitch (in a good way, he's always running around), I suppose if he were lazy then I'd rethink my opinion on him.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
If Juve were in Uruguay's situation and a Juve player DIDN'T do what Suarez did, I'd want that Juve player out of my team asap.
Glad you're not in the position to select our players!!!!!!

What Suarez did is no different, technically, than making a bad foul in the last seconds in order to stop a developing counter.
Are you really going to try to blur the lines via terming it "technically" similar? Hell no. A professional foul amidst developing play and intentionally snatching, literally, an earned goal (that's what it was) from an opponent by flagrantly breaking a core tenet of the game is not the same at all. Fouls are part and parcel of the game. That's accepted. Swatting goals out of the net is not. I'd much prefer a player of ours to pull a Vieri and try to head it out but fail fairly then have a Suarez cheat (some of you need to look this word up in the dictionary) and take us through.

I always salute a Juve player who makes such smart fouls, even though fouling is also "against the rules" and isn't allowed. As a matter of fact, Vidal did that against Milan in the last minute(s) and got a red card. God knows what would have happened if Vidal didn't make that foul and Milan proceeded with the counter.
It was at half-field, anything could have "developed" from that had he not made the foul. Was it absolutely necessary? Not really. Did I care? Not so much because what would have happened had it not occurred is very much open to interpretation/imagination.

There is no doubt Suarez stole a rightful goal away from a deserving Ghana.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
What gray and Alen said. He helped the team, nothing wrong with that, and he got the deserved punishment. Would you guys also not want Maradona for scoring with his hand, or Messi who's done the same? It just makes me think you have something against Suarez, but instead of admitting that, which there's nothing wrong with, you're coming up with these retarded reasons that are far from plausible.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Glad you're not in the position to select our players!!!!!!

Are you really going to try to blur the lines via terming it "technically" similar? Hell no. A professional foul amidst developing play and intentionally snatching, literally, an earned goal (that's what it was) from an opponent by flagrantly breaking a core tenet of the game is not the same at all. Fouls are part and parcel of the game. That's accepted. Swatting goals out of the net is not. I'd much prefer a player of ours to pull a Vieri and try to head it out but fail fairly then have a Suarez cheat (some of you need to look this word up in the dictionary) and take us through.

It was at half-field, anything could have "developed" from that had he not made the foul. Was it absolutely necessary? Not really. Did I care? Not so much because what would have happened had it not occurred is very much open to interpretation/imagination.

There is no doubt Suarez stole a rightful goal away from a deserving Ghana.
Gigi stole a rightful goal away from Milan when he didn't admit to the referee that the ball crossed the line. He cheated there. He knew we conceded and he continued with the play. If he admitted that it crossed the line, and he certainly knew that, Milan weren't gonna be robbed of a goal.

As for Vidal's foul being at the middle of the pitch, my answer is: exactly! Even though it was at the middle of the pitch, Vidal knew well that he must make a red card foul and stop that potential danger. If he did it so far from our goal, you can imagine what he was gonna do if it was closer to the goal. He would have broken a leg in order to prevent Milan from scoring. And noone here blamed Vidal for that red card. We ll knew that he did what he had to do, even though it wasn't really fair and it was against the rules.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
What gray and Alen said. He helped the team, nothing wrong with that, and he got the deserved punishment. Would you guys also not want Maradona for scoring with his hand, or Messi who's done the same? It just makes me think you have something against Suarez, but instead of admitting that, which there's nothing wrong with, you're coming up with these retarded reasons that are far from plausible.
Retarded reasons that are far from plausible? I'm sorry but this is just an utterly stupid thing to say. If you don't value fair play, well... fair play then. I just happen to and when someone goes against it in such a crass manner I take exception and it colours my feelings towards them. I have absolutely no reason to be against the guy other than some very unsavoury antics that he has demonstrated on the pitch.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Gigi stole a rightful goal away from Milan when he didn't admit to the referee that the ball crossed the line. He cheated there. He knew we conceded and he continued with the play. If he admitted that it crossed the line, and he certainly knew that, Milan weren't gonna be robbed of a goal.
Sins of omission and commission, so, again, not really the same! However, here I will admit some severe bias, as Milan being the victims made me not really give a damn - even if Buffon had done exactly what Suarez did (which, of course, he did not).

As for Vidal's foul being at the middle of the pitch, my answer is: exactly! Even though it was at the middle of the pitch, Vidal knew well that he must make a red card foul and stop that potential danger. If he did it so far from our goal, you can imagine what he was gonna do if it was closer to the goal. He would have broken a leg in order to prevent Milan from scoring. And noone here blamed Vidal for that red card. We ll knew that he did what he had to do, even though it wasn't really fair and it was against the rules.
If we're going to get into hypothetical scenarios like "if he was closer to the goal" then let's do it right. What would have had to have happened was him finding a Milan player staring at an empty net about to shoot the ball in but instead Vidal punches him into unconsciousness or some equally ridiculous solution. If he had done so? I would have called for his contract to be terminated. There are limits to how far a player should go. Saurez crossed the line, in my opinion.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
So you wouldn't want Maradona or Messi playing for Juve either, would you?
Suarez is no Maradona though, is he? Besides which, no, we don't have pressing need for cocaine addicts at the club. Lapo is enough.

What's Messi done to categorize him alongside Suarez?

---------- Post added 14.04.2012 at 17:31 ----------

there's a difference between a handball and violent conduct, way to exaggerate there.
No, both would be absurd, over-the-line responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 109)