Luis Suarez - Forward - Liverpool (14 Viewers)

If possible, would you sign Luis Suárez?

• Yes, he's a great player

• Yes, but only if the price is right

• Begrudgingly, his talent outweighs the negatives

• No, his character doesn't reflect well on Juventus

• No, he is almost subhuman

• Kill it, kill it with fire!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
GuaranDAMNtee. If ever was there one, it's this guy.

DA BOMB. :tuttosport:

- - - Updated - - -

Can't sign the cheaper striker - tries to sign even more expensive one. That seems very Marotta-eque to me, I am fully expecting some record breaking bid like Giovinco + 2M for Suarez in the upcoming days.
You sure? Too much IMO. Giovinco on loan plus 1.97m is how Beppe might wanna play this one.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Juve-Suarez, Higuain-Arsenal, Jovetic-City
By Football Italia staff

Juventus are renewing their bid for Liverpool’s Luis Suarez after Arsenal closed on Gonzalo Higuain and Manchester City on Stevan Jovetic.

The Bianconeri’s search for a striker has been going for over a year, but every target seems to fall through their grasp.

According to the Daily Mirror, Jovetic is heading to Manchester City, as they are prepared to pay Fiorentina’s €30m asking price.

While the Viola demanded cash only from their rivals Juve, a good rapport with the Citizens means they could accept players as part of the deal or even lower the bar slightly.

Juve’s other prime target is Higuain, but talks with Real Madrid last week stalled and the Bianconeri baulked at his €30m price-tag.

Now both The Guardian and Marca claim Arsenal have leapt to the front of the race for Argentine hitman Higuain with a €30m cash offer.

The Gunners would also be prepared to pay that sum in one go rather than in instalments, which was the €22m Juventus proposal.

Seeing their options limited, the Turin giants look set to turn their focus back on to original target Suarez, according to Il Mattino newspaper.

The Uruguayan has repeatedly pleaded in public to be released from Liverpool, although he is of interest to Real Madrid.

“I have a contract, but if one day I want to sign for another club, Liverpool have to hear the offer,” the 26-year-old declared.

“The word of the player is important — if you need a change, you should listen to the player. The love I have for Liverpool I will never forget. I love the city, the club and the people and everyone is welcome.

“All I ask is for respect for all the things that have been said.”

A great deal may well depend on Edinson Cavani, who is Real’s number one choice in attack with a huge €63m buy-out clause in his contract.

This week Cavani’s father confirmed that Real Madrid was the striker’s preferred destination should he leave Napoli, despite interest from Chelsea, Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain.

-------------

We can't afford Higuain or Jovetic but we can afford Suarez. FI :touched:
It's just a poor copy/paste job from an article on sky sports yesterday. Basically, Suarez reiterated his love for the club and fans, as well as his distaste at the treatment of him by the english media and then went on to discuss about how little boys dream of playing for Real Madrid or Barcelona.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Actually saw the quotes jus now :D
I actually read the whole interview on another source and it seems like the guy is craving for a move to madrid.

- - - Updated - - -

He is literally whoring himself out to madrid.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Actually saw the quotes jus now :D
I actually read the whole interview on another source and it seems like the guy is craving for a move to madrid.

- - - Updated - - -

He is literally whoring himself out to madrid.
To sum the article.

Hi my name is Luis and I really, really, really, really, really, would like to play for Real Madrid.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Sorry to echo Cronios etc. but Marotta's propensity to buy average players high and sell them for cheap is a big reason why we're not meeting the demands for players like Suarez. I see Matri going for somewhere around 8M euros. He might not be worth 18M but after three fairly good seasons at a top club he is worth a whole lot more than what Marotta will sell him for. It all adds up and if Beppe is so fixated on balancing the books with bargain purchases then he ought to pay as much attention in negotiating sales at higher prices. When you're losing priority transfer targets to Arsenal you have to accept that when it comes to purchasing top tier strikers, money talks. Marotta seems to have learnt his lesson on overpaying, but its fairly probable he'll continue to undersell to the detriment of these transfers.

- - - Updated - - -

Close this thread :sergio:
We don't have single chance to sign this guy .
Enough tantrums about closing transfer threads. They close when the mercato is over or the player has been transferred.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Sorry to echo Cronios etc. but Marotta's propensity to buy average players high and sell them for cheap is a big reason why we're not meeting the demands for players like Suarez. I see Matri going for somewhere around 8M euros. He might not be worth 18M but after three fairly good seasons at a top club he is worth a whole lot more than what Marotta will sell him for. It all adds up and if Beppe is so fixated on balancing the books with bargain purchases then he ought to pay as much attention in negotiating sales at higher prices. When you're losing priority transfer targets to Arsenal you have to accept that when it comes to purchasing top tier strikers, money talks. Marotta seems to have learnt his lesson on overpaying, but its fairly probable he'll continue to undersell to the detriment of these transfers.
I find his lack of ambition... disturbing to say the least. The last two windows we signed Bendtner and Anelka. If that doesn't show a lack of ambition I don't know what does. And I have a strong feeling that we'll end up with shit again while spending €40m-50m on mediocre/bench/youth players like Ogbonna, Pazzini/Gilardino, Diamanti, Berardi, Zaza etc.. and then the excuses of 'we can't compete with other clubs' comes up again that we've heard 1000 times before. And at the same time underselling our players by 5-10m each everytime. He'll probably think it's justified this time because we got Llorente for free.

- - - Updated - - -

Also.. just noticed your signature :seven:

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2013/06/juventus-set-sights-on-liverpool-star-once-again/

"Juventus Set Sights On Liverpool Star Once Again

Juventus have reportedly renewed their interest in Liverpool striker Luis Suarez.

The Bianconeri’s search for a top striker has been narrowed down as Arsenal seems the most likely destination for Real Madrid’s Gonzalo Higuain and Manchester City are rumoured to be in pole position to sign Stevan Jovetic of Fiorentina.

According to Italian newspaper Il Mattino, the exclusion of Higuain and Jovetic has led to Juventus rekindling their interest in Suarez after initial rumours linking the two parties cooled off.

However, the controversial Uruguayan may prefer a move to Real Madrid. “A player always aspires to be at the top of their profession and Madrid is at the top for any football player”, he recently told Spanish paper El Pais.

Juventus secured the signing of Athletic Bilbao striker Fernando Llorente for the 2013/14 season back in January, but are looking for a top quality strike partner for the Spaniard.
"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)