Luis Suárez (49 Viewers)

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
The problem with Suarez' bite is that it's just too freaky. :crazy: It's like playing against a mentally ill person having problem with his anger management. You will be just too freak out. Even Gattuso or Roy Keane wouldn't freak you out like someone who wants to bite you, squeeze your testicals or put a finger in your @ss. :D

They really should give Suarez medical help. And if he does something like that one more time - he should go to a mental division and stop with the pro football.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I seriously hope they do boycott their game against Colombia. They'd probably be banned from the next few World Cups (along with the next Copa America)

The victim and persecution complex displayed by the Uruguayan FA, press, former players, fans is absolutely hilarious though. The fact that they are stunned and outraged over an extremely lenient decision handed out to Suarez...just baffling.

True justice will be done when Cuadrado, James, Action Jackson and co do the business against these clowns on Saturday.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The only place I think FIFA could have done better with this punishment is requiring a series of psychological treatments to occur, as a condition of the lifting of his ban at 4 months.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
Uruguayan officials no less, including the FA president. Apparently nothing is bigger than football down there, not even pride and honor.

Interview with an uruguayan law student: "Whatever it takes to win. If you have to kick, you kick. If you have to to bite, you bite". If you have to bite? I dont even...
WOW.

For real, I've read some common uruguayan fans saying that the others are afraid of Suárez, that this is part of some plan for Brazil to win the world cup, that the world is jealous of Suárez! :lol: FFS, I never thought Uruguayans were like this. Weed is legal there! Why the fuck do they care so much :D

I assume he will lose his Liverpool salary for the time of his suspension, so his pocketbook will get hit pretty hard by that. The financial aspects of these suspensions are never really all that important though.
Good! All that money should be going for some institution against stupid bitting people

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
The only place I think FIFA could have done better with this punishment is requiring a series of psychological treatments to occur, as a condition of the lifting of his ban at 4 months.
Yeah I actually do think that needs to happen with this guy at some point. Because to me, it seems he'll never learn his lesson otherwise. I fully expect him to snak and bite someone else again when the going gets tough.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yeah I actually do think that needs to happen with this guy at some point. Because to me, it seems he'll never learn his lesson otherwise. I fully expect him to snak and bite someone else again when the going gets tough.
Well, they could bring him home to play in the Uruguayan leagues. They seem to think it's an English vendetta against him, but he was banned in the Dutch league also, and now by FIFA, and if he thinks La Liga won't ban him for an epic amount of time for such behaviour, well, delusion has its limits.

Perhaps he should play his club football in Uruguay. Apparently, biting is considered "casual play", and not a big deal there. :rofl:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
so you think this moral posturing is justified? what is the real basis of the reprehensibility of this act? shock? cultural sensitivities? coz it sure as hell aint as dangerous as the elbows punches that we see on a weekly basis.
it's a social contract, dude. in boxing you can punch all you want, but not the crotch. it's a form of hypocrisy to have codified forms of violence be part of the rules (hard tackles etc) while anything outside the rules is struck down harshly (punching). by punishing these acts you're upholding the illusion that there is an important difference between the two and the latter is "unsportsmanlike"

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
so you think this moral posturing is justified? what is the real basis of the reprehensibility of this act? shock? cultural sensitivities? coz it sure as hell aint as dangerous as the elbows punches that we see on a weekly basis.
Moral posturing is a bit lame. As if biting is different than any other terrible foul. If anything it's weird as fuck. But no worse than a stomp or intentional elbow. That's reality.

However, it is the 3rd offense. The punishment is more than double the 2nd offense and triple the 1st offense (count the matches). Which is probably fair. Since Liverpool can sell him there isn't really much to complain about.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Moral posturing is a bit lame. As if biting is different than any other terrible foul. If anything it's weird as fuck. But no worse than a stomp or intentional elbow. That's reality.

However, it is the 3rd offense. The punishment is more than double the 2nd offense and triple the 1st offense (count the matches). Which is probably fair. Since Liverpool can sell him there isn't really much to complain about.

sounds logical, thanks.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
In Hockey you can drop the gloves and fight (which I personally think is idiotic and a barbaric relic of the past), but can't skate up behind someone and punch them in the back of the head. You do that and it might be a 40 game suspension. Certain things are just not a part of sport. Spitting, biting, face slapping, these things aren't as dangerous as other things that are most often allowed within reason in the sport (hard tackles, elbows flailing accidentally, etc.), they are however completely offensive and disrespectful and unsporting and deranged and against every rule in the context of the sport.

What Suarez is doing constantly, it's grotesque and animalistic behaviour and does not belong in sport or society. If he was an average member of society, he would be institutionalized, and in all honesty that is what should be happening here for at least a brief spell, as he clearly cannot control himself.

Aside from this, I think intentional elbows, punches, and malicious and career wrecking injury type tackles of the non-accidental sort should be punished with massive suspensions. Those things are not part of the game either.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
So for you a hard tackle on an opponent is far worse than spitting and showing the finger to the referee...

If you have problem with dangerous tackles who are accepted in the game, you should be for their suspension. You shouldn't take new abuses (like biting) as acceptable instead. At least that's what I think :)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
In Hockey you can drop the gloves and fight (which I personally think is idiotic and a barbaric relic of the past), but can't skate up behind someone and punch them in the back of the head. You do that and it might be a 40 game suspension. Certain things are just not a part of sport. Spitting, biting, face slapping, these things aren't as dangerous as other things that are most often allowed within reason in the sport (hard tackles, elbows flailing accidentally, etc.), they are however completely offensive and disrespectful and unsporting and deranged and against every rule in the context of the sport.

What Suarez is doing constantly, it's grotesque and animalistic behaviour and does not belong in sport or society. If he was an average member of society, he would be institutionalized, and in all honesty that is what should be happening here for at least a brief spell, as he clearly cannot control himself.

Aside from this, I think intentional elbows, punches, and malicious and career wrecking injury type tackles of the non-accidental sort should be punished with massive suspensions. Those things are not part of the game either.
i am talking about deliberate elbows, like the leonardo one or the sakho one from yesterday, why arent those dealt with in the same fashion considering they are much more harmful, animalisitic, disgusting...

- - - Updated - - -

So for you a hard tackle on an opponent is far worse than spitting and showing the finger to the referee...

If you have problem with dangerous tackles who are accepted in the game, you should be for their suspension. You shouldn't take new abuses (like biting) as acceptable instead. At least that's what I think :)

where did i mention tackles or that biting is acceptable?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
i am talking about deliberate elbows, like the leonardo one or the sakho one from yesterday, why arent those dealt with in the same fashion considering they are much more harmful, animalisitic, disgusting...
Sorry. I edited my post while you were responding I believe. I think the current way of dealing with intentional violence on the pitch of that sort is poor. Such intentionally violent acts should have first time suspensions of 10+ matches, second time in the range of 6 months, and third time 1-2 years.

Edit.

I agree that in the context of how punishment for violent conduct is currently handled, this seems somewhat out of whack, yet I hope FIFA and others make progress in that regard. Disrespect and unsporting behaviour in the form of acts that have absolutely nothing to do with the game are eyed as the worst of all behaviour currently. Hence the 15 month suspension for that Iraqi that spat on a referee at the 86 world cup

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
It's not so much moral posturing. Throwing elbows is sometimes an act of creating defensive space in the game and it can be abused to do intentional harm, no question. But biting someone serves no real purpose... it's like jabbing your finger in someone's eye intentionally like the Three Stooges. Adults should be able to play football without the additional fear of being intentionally bitten. And someone who is acting like a five-year-old by biting his opponents is clearly carrying some developmental emotional baggage that's a major cry for help.

Football pitches should not be the forum for mental health discussions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)