Luis Suárez - ST - Barcelona (16 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
That's what i hate the most, people be like don't sign Suarez,Dzeko but never give any suggestions who should we sign .

Question should be :

Would you rather have :

Suarez for free
Dzeko for 15m
Milik for 35m
Morata for 50m
Jimenez for 70m

If you don't want Suarez , give another suggestions please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If 70M is possible then take that and spend it on Haaland. Here, you got a suggestion..

Every player from this list has a downside
Jimenez - We are not really going to spend 70M since... We dont have it..
Morata - I believe we can reach a deal for D.Costa+20M but Morata has a big minus in him. Morata scoring ratio cannot be compared with Suarez and Dzeko... Put that aside and he is a good player.
Milik - I wouldnt want him even for free. I really dont know what people see in him..
Suarez - He is old and would only play great for one season and then he will become a good but overpaid forward for one more year (We wont take the option for the 3rd year..)
Dzeko - Same scenario as Suarez although Suarez is clearly the better player while Dzeko might fit better.

Since we dont really have that 70M we cant get a really great player who isnt already old and we definitely cant compete for Haaland this year.

Its Suarez vs Dzeko - While Suarez is clearly the better player, I somehow feel Dzeko would suit us more and would also "cause no problems" regarding Dybala`s contract.
Really tough to decide but I think I`ll go with Suarez.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
If 70M is possible then take that and spend it on Haaland. Here, you got a suggestion..

Every player from this list has a downside
Jimenez - We are not really going to spend 70M since... We dont have it..
Morata - I believe we can reach a deal for D.Costa+20M but Morata has a big minus in him. Morata scoring ratio cannot be compared with Suarez and Dzeko... Put that aside and he is a good player.
Milik - I wouldnt want him even for free. I really dont know what people see in him..
Suarez - He is old and would only play great for one season and then he will become a good but overpaid forward for one more year (We wont take the option for the 3rd year..)
Dzeko - Same scenario as Suarez although Suarez is clearly the better player while Dzeko might fit better.

Since we dont really have that 70M we cant get a really great player who isnt already old and we definitely cant compete for Haaland this year.

Its Suarez vs Dzeko - While Suarez is clearly the better player, I somehow feel Dzeko would suit us more and would also "cause no problems" regarding Dybala`s contract.
Really tough to decide but I think I`ll go with Suarez.
First of all I think we don't have 70m to spend,but even if we have 70m , Haaland release clause will be active from next year, why would they sell him for 70m this year? When they can get 75m next year ?

Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
First of all I think we don't have 70m to spend,but even if we have 70m , Haaland release clause will be active from next year, why would they sell him for 70m this year? When they can get 75m with a doubt next year ?

I remembered 70M and didnt know it is valid from next year... In any case it doesnt matter as we dont have 70M and that was my purpose in commenting on Jimenez.
You are right there dont seem to be better alternatives but it is our board to decide if there are some alternatives we dont think of or not.
Maybe they think Aubemayang maybe they think some younger dude or less known one that they followed for a while and we havent heard of yet.

If your point is to say Suarez is the best choice from the list you provided - You are probably right but it doesnt has someone from that list and it doesnt has to be someone we know. He just need to be scouted well and able to perform.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
That's what i hate the most, people be like don't sign Suarez,Dzeko but never give any suggestions who should we sign .

Question should be :

Would you rather have :

Suarez for free
Dzeko for 15m
Milik for 35m
Morata for 50m
Jimenez for 70m

If you don't want Suarez , give another suggestions please.

With Suarez, we will 1st need to see what his sign on fee is gonna be (if he gets his barca contract rescinded and if we get him), then we can compare him with the rest. But his gross salary will be bearable and if it's 2+1 or 1+1 deal, it's gonna be a good signing. Still think Dzeko should be option 1 though

- - - Updated - - -

Has Cavani signed anywhere yet?

rainhard

May 5, 2004
If getting Suarez will keep us money for bring Auoar then just get it done ASAP

I thought we will already done in sale/terminate deadwood by early of September
What the $%^& Paratici doing

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
If getting Suarez will keep us money for bring Auoar then just get it done ASAP

I thought we will already done in sale/terminate deadwood by early of September
What the $%^& Paratici doing
lord is working on the passport for Suarez and convincing Khedira and Higuain to leave

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Bro they aren't that detail oriented. They can't even think past starting XI.
You are aware of the fact that Suarez will demand to start every game no matter how shit he is, and will throw a tantrum when he doesn’t start?

If you want to promote this has a depth signing, at least target a player who is willing to sit on the bench sometimes.

Again not a single alternative striker was suggested by people who oppose this deal lol
If given the choice between Suarez and Dzeko, I’d rather have Dzeko for a number of reasons.

1. Dzeko only scored two less goals than Suarez last season despite far inferior service and no Messi
2. Dzeko is an less selfish striker and suits playing with CR7 more
3. I don’t believe Dzeko will kick up as much of a fuss if he gets benched occasionally.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
I'd also take Kean back on loan over Saurez. Kean might not score as many goals as Suarez, but he's a more versatile forward (can also play on the wing) and I don't think he will complain when he gets benched. He's also much younger and can still improve. I was never a fan of Kean but I'd still take him over Suarez. I would take Morata over Suarez too. His speed makes him a dangerous asset in the UCL.

But more importantly, this mentality about how "there's no one better so we should take him" is idiotic. This kind of mentality is the same reason why we signed players like Khedira, Matuidi, Ramsey and other old freebies. There are no shortcuts to building a UCL team. You need to be patient, smart, and target young players. Suarez is yet another attempt from our board to be clever and it will undoubtedly backfire.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
You are aware of the fact that Suarez will demand to start every game no matter how shit he is, and will throw a tantrum when he doesn’t start?

If you want to promote this has a depth signing, at least target a player who is willing to sit on the bench sometimes.

If given the choice between Suarez and Dzeko, I’d rather have Dzeko for a number of reasons.

1. Dzeko only scored two less goals than Suarez last season despite far inferior service and no Messi
3. I don’t believe Dzeko will kick up as much of a fuss if he gets benched occasionally.
You cool. I was thnking about dai, zizi and the like who're unable think past last game and starting XI.

But I don't get why you think past prime Suarez taking a massive salary cut at 33 will throw a hissy fit if he isn't a regular starter (also, worrying about the quality of a player and also at the same time thinking said player commands key starting role doesn't make sense).

Besides, he'll get plenty of minutes and starts with 5 subs and rotation being the third striker (esp if there's another lockdown and more cramped schedule) and will start some games based on the opponent (all reasons why we needed someone decent for this role and not a Kean, who'd be ideal as 4th).

Suarez right now is decent backup level for a top club, not starter level - the reason he's leaving Barca.

- - - Updated - - -

A reminder adp, trez, ibra rotated for two spots.

Adp, trez, salas before injury.

Miccoli, di vaio, mutu, etc

Look at other teams.

Yes, first backup roles are important.

First year of following this sport for some of you or what lol.

Last edited:

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

And that might work with Sarri, but it sure as hell won't fly with Pirlo.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd also take Kean back on loan over Saurez. Kean might not score as many goals as Suarez, but he's a more versatile forward (can also play on the wing) and I don't think he will complain when he gets benched. He's also much younger and can still improve. I was never a fan of Kean but I'd still take him over Suarez. I would take Morata over Suarez too. His speed makes him a dangerous asset in the UCL.

But more importantly, this mentality about how "there's no one better so we should take him" is idiotic. This kind of mentality is the same reason why we signed players like Khedira, Matuidi, Ramsey and other old freebies. There are no shortcuts to building a UCL team. You need to be patient, smart, and target young players. Suarez is yet another attempt from our board to be clever and it will undoubtedly backfire.
You need cash for those players.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

We still have midfield to improve so backup striker needs to be cheap. Suarez seems to be among the cheapest options and he might still be good.

There are valid points both for and against this, like 1. he's coming from abroad so his gross wages are acceptable to us, but the length can be a problem 2. He would be a freebie if he finds a agreement with barca for a release, so unless he demands a high sign on fee, he'd be very cheap. Or if he doesn't find a agreement with them, we'd have to pay a transfer fee 3. Suarez at his best is easily the best striker we could get, but how far from his best is he? barca are getting rid of him same way we are with higgy. The knee surgery is a concern, and fit to Dybala/Ronaldo (or both) as well. Is he someone that brings out the best of those 2? He's a finisher 1st and foremost, and especially at this point where he declined physically. Speed and quickness are more important to him than a CF like Dzeko, who's a target man and a more natural fit to our star duo (talent and quality aside). Another thing, people bring up stats from previous season but I very much doubt they have seen him much post surgery, which is the part that should matter to us.

He seems to be the easiest to attain atm and with other more pressing issues, that's OK. Will it be worth it we will know during or after the season, when we see his condition and knowing the financial background of the deal.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
oh man. to settle for kean from suarez is a HUGE, HUGE downgrade.

one is a striker with double digit figures.

other one scored 2 goals last season.

contrary to what others will say, juventus don't just need depth. we need QUALITY. kean is not quality. to say kean is better as depth than suarez is to say khedira is better as depth than vidal.

we neeed quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)