Luis Suárez - ST - Barcelona (9 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10, 2009
I know somes tuzzers want Suarez here but trying to create a narrative about "last year problem was that we didn't have a CF" its actually moronic.

It's not just that one of our winger starter provides 0 goals and assist almost all year. Our MF was really weak and we suffered the highest amount of goals like in 100 years. Conclusion: our last year MVP player is bad :sergio:
And the main culprit, Sarri, is gone.

But yeah midfield is still weak.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I know somes tuzzers want Suarez here but trying to create a narrative about "last year problem was that we didn't have a CF" its actually moronic.

It's not just that one of our winger starter provides 0 goals and assist almost all year. Our MF was really weak and we suffered the highest amount of goals like in 100 years. Conclusion: our last year MVP player is bad :sergio:
No one is blaming Ronaldo. It’s just that he doesn’t like to play in the striker role.
Dybala can play there but we another striker for depth and if we decide to play 4-3-1-2.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
How would you rate the defence and attack?
CB's are a clear A.

Forwards are an A as well

We are a couple of fullbacks/wingbacks and an elite midfielder away from becoming a dynamic team going toe to toe with the best teams imo.
Considering our current situation, we would have to hope someone in midfield explodes and becomes WC.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
No one is blaming Ronaldo. It’s just that he doesn’t like to play in the striker role.
Dybala can play there but we another striker for depth and if we decide to play 4-3-1-2.
Suarez isn't coming for depth, he's coming to be a starter and to put Paulo away from the box because our board are struggling with the same idea for almost 4 years now: Paulo has to be the main player in our building and NOT in the finishing of the plays

In the best case, I can see Pipa-Paulo story one more time. Suarez coming here, have an awesome year next to CR7. Get our 10th in a row but still not enough for UCL, Paulo playing deeper and deeper, bad numbers, board blaming him for our MF, Paulo bench again for some mediocre player (last time was Berna, yes, just to picture how bad can it get). We trying to sell him next season while preparing the 21-22 with a soon to be 37-35 attacking duo

Our board keep thinking in short term solutions to win the UCL and I really hope we can but expecting that after last season and Pirlo having zero coach experience, it's like betting just for the sake of it

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
If Rabiot keeps his upward trajectory do we really need to invest big in another mid? If he keeps playing like he did post shutdown, is a trio of rabiot, Arthur, Bentancur good enough? I know depth is needed, but you don’t need to spend 50m+ for that.

At that point, wouldn’t it make more sense to invest in a top RB?

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
If Rabiot keeps his upward trajectory do we really need to invest big in another mid? If he keeps playing like he did post shutdown, is a trio of rabiot, Arthur, Bentancur good enough? I know depth is needed, but you don’t need to spend 50m+ for that.

At that point, wouldn’t it make more sense to invest in a top RB?
There is no way we invest in a RB unless we get of Danilo- not a single club in the world will be willing to buy him though.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
Suarez an all time great? Nah.
His record speaks for itself. The only player to win the European golden boot in the Messi+Ronaldo era twice and he wasn't on penalty duty. Over 150 career assists too. He's the best striker since R9 for me (alongside Lewandowski who I think beats Suarez in terms of longevity but falls just short in terms of absolute peak level).

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Pls. If you didn't skip with the chainsmoking hobo in charge, why start now?

- - - Updated - - -

Have problemas? Go to ASMR thread.
But he was only standing by the sideline, you didn't have to watch him dive like a pussy like Suarez does. No player on this planet is more irritating douchebag than Suarez, even Princess Penaldo is like Del Piero compared to him.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
De Ligt, Demiral, Bentancur, Rabiot, Mckenny, Arthur, Kulusevski, Dybala.

All are 26 year old and under. De Ligt and Dybala are already in the world class category, the rest are potential regular starters for the club and who knows maybe develop to become world class.

I think our long term strategy is evident.
Dybala and Bentacur were bought when previous GM was Marotta... Regardless, MDL is world class and can be relied upon week in week out. Demiral has solid potential. Rabiot was more miss that hit so far, definitely not a starting material atm. Lets see how Mckenny and Arthur fare but IMO our midfield is still the weakest part of the team. We dont have replacements for Cuadrado and Alex Sandro at fullback positions. We need to sort out our wingers, Costa and Berna, one is permanently injured while the other one lacks basic football intelligence. I hope Kulusevski will be far more reliable, but he is unknown at this point and it can go both ways. We are over reliant on 35 year old Ronaldo and buying 33 year old Suarez isnt investment for the future.

What is the backbone of this team? I fail to see leaders out there. When Id look at 2014/15 team, Id get good impression of what those lads would be capable of. Right now, there are too many question marks and we shouldnt have been in this position, if there had been better long term planning. We appointed Pirlo as a manager, who has 0 coaching experience, which is a huge risk and usually a desperation move.

- - - Updated - - -

Because long term planning and getting promising talents diet when we got CR7 for 120m to push for UCL. A proven young player costs way to much so we need to compromise somewhere.
And yet we seem to be further and further away from CL dream every year. Hm... I dont think because of Ronaldo deal we had to renounce our usual sound strategy. Making a CL objective is setting up for fail, since there are too many variables involved.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)