Luis Suárez - ST - Barcelona (6 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
He'd be an important backup and start some games. Three strikers starting majority of games makes no sense.

I think it'll be two formations: 442 (433 in attack like last years) or 4312 and 3412. Makes more sense to start season with back 4 for easier transition in short time. In any case, Dybaldo+Suarez doesn't fit and we'd lack a good backup striker.
No way is he coming in as the 2nd highest earner in the team to sit on the bench lol

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
No way is he coming in as the 2nd highest earner in the team to sit on the bench lol
Yup, thats why i said he will play every game as for sure Pirlo will use a 9 in his line up, but at the same time we need to use the 433 for the ronaldo project.

IMO that will most likely be our normal set up. The rest of the players will have to be accomodated for that. For example, Kuluzevski and Dybala sharing the right wing

Last edited:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
yeah but Suarez would benefit from the new tax rules. Someone mentioned that after tax it'd be 15m, while Dzeko's 7.5m would be about 14m, so the difference is negligible. Here's hoping that Suarez comes for free, because Dzeko would cost 10-12m on top of his contract.
That would make sense then, thanks for the clarification

Jun 16, 2020
yeah but Suarez would benefit from the new tax rules. Someone mentioned that after tax it'd be 15m, while Dzeko's 7.5m would be about 14m, so the difference is negligible. Here's hoping that Suarez comes for free, because Dzeko would cost 10-12m on top of his contract.
I think that at this point we need to start to see some positive things regarding this transfer. Very likely that he’ll come imo.

Positives:
- He’d cost a lot less in the books compared to Higuain, so maybe this transfers allows us some space for a good midfielder
- Was world class in his prime, but remains a good striker, can both assist and score. Also very intelligent in moving around the box, more than Higuain.
- Usually when players arrive at a new club they’ll get in good shape, want to impress the fans etc. He’s probably more motivated than Higuain

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
I don’t think this deal would be a step in the right direction for the club if we are working on rejuvenating the squad. From getting all excited about the Aouar rumours to this, it’s worrisome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alaska

May 25, 2013
Football Italia: "Higuain Leaves Italy"

Gonzalo Higuain’s brother and agent, Nicolas, has confirmed the Argentine forward will leave Juventus and will not continue in Italy.

The former Napoli forward, who has picked up three Scudetti and three Coppa Italia during his time in Italy, will move on this summer.

Juventus coach Andrea Pirlo told the 32-year-old he had no future in Turin and his agent Nicolas has revealed he has several offers.

“We appreciated Pirlo’s honesty,” Nicola Higuain told Tuttosport. “He told Gonzalo what he thought. It doesn’t always happen, and it was important.

“We are still talking about a striker who has scored 350 goals in recent years. To achieve that tally, it takes 10 years. Then unfortunately, we forget quickly.

“We are in football and we know that these things can happen.”

Higuain’s brother claims the former River Plate striker will never move to Boca Juniors and confirmed he will not continue in Serie A.

“[There’s interest] from France, England, Spain, China and USA. Many offers, but none that makes your leg shake.

“We will evaluate calmly, but two things are certain; Gonzalo won’t play in Italy and, above all, he will never play for Boca Juniors.

“He grew up at River and will never go to a rival.”

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I really hope this is not a done deal. More likely to be another Khedira than anything. Only reason he was scoring for Barca KD because he had Messi assisting him.

what happened to no more old players and rejuvenating the squad?

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I don’t think this deal would be a step in the right direction for the club if we are working on rejuvenating the squad. From getting all excited about the Aouar rumours to this, it’s worrisome.

A front line of Ronaldo & Suarez (& Dybala?) surely isn't one to facilitate winning the ball back quickly and counter attacking

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
A front line of Ronaldo & Suarez (& Dybala?) surely isn't one to facilitate winning the ball back quickly and counter attacking
Definitely not, we’d still be offensively slow and defensively exposed especially if the midfield is not up to the standards. It will all depend on our next signing in midfield. I wonder what name Pirlo has asked for, Locatelli seems to be the most realistic.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I really hope this is not a done deal. More likely to be another Khedira than anything. Only reason he was scoring for Barca KD because he had Messi assisting him.

what happened to no more old players and rejuvenating the squad?
Khedira was a good deal at the time. No one said we should keep him around forever.

Not a fan of Suarez, but if he comes on a 2 year deal it'll be ok. We need another striker.

Leendiz

Feb 14, 2018
I'm not excited by the prospect of signing suarez but to be fair if its a pick between him or keeping higuain its not even a contest. Higuain looked so slow and useless last season it was hard to watch at times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)