Luis Suárez - ST - Barcelona (14 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AriG

Feb 17, 2019
Dzeko played 43 games
Sureaz played 36 games

Not a huge difference the messi factor makes up for that aswell we will see how this dude gets on when he has to work hard for he goals at juve without messi cheat like service behind him.
7 games is like a whole month of games, sometimes even more. Title deciding games for sure.
To say that's no a huge difference is like don't make me come there and slap you with my tactical leather flip flop boy who you messing with i'm on my way to Torino in my sports camel as we speak, gonna have some important conversations with important people i'm stuck on the Greek-Bulgarian border for fuck sake don't ask my why I didn't go trough the Gibraltar you really want to know why the problem is I do not know how to swim my sports camel does it has the whole package it's top hi-tech hi-fi very expensive i'm very important Suarez will do really good here I think where the fuck is

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I get the merits of this deal. We need a replacement for Higuain, we don't have much money and we have other purchases to make. He's still a good player and we can probably count on him to get goals for us. And he's free. Depending on the wages and length of the contract (2 years max) it makes sense financially.

What I fear is that he will end up being more than just a backup. A big name player on high wages... oh yeah, and "experienced". He's gonna get a lot of playing time.

I was hoping with the arrival of Pirlo and the trimming of deadwood like Matuidi, Higuain and Khedira we would try to modernise the team. Play faster, attack more, win the ball back more quickly, like Pirlo said. Having Ronaldo and to a lesser extent Dybala already inhibits the possibility of that. With Suarez on the field with one or both of them it becomes impossible. I guess we can look forward to more of the same sit back and wait + slow build up football.

Could we not have signed somebody in Serie A on a loan with obligation to buy, on much lower wages, who is under 26, decent enough to be a backup and we could recoup something from in a year or two?

Gonna be nice having to replace Ronaldo and Suarez at the same time in two years.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
So 10M a year with no transfer fee vs 7M a year with 15M-20M transfer fee
Also need to take in mind the 10M a year has the tax benefits as Suarez is not coming from a Serie A side.
Financially speaking it makes sense but there is the other thing - Players might have problem with him getting that wages as Dybala reportedly wants 12M and if we give Suarez 10M Dybala could have a case for his request.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I'd have preferred us to go fo for an up and coming striker or at least a dependable one coming from Bundesliga or la Liga, there must have been one

I wouldn't see Bayern making a similar move if Lewa left

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
7 games is like a whole month of games, sometimes even more. Title deciding games for sure.
To say that's no a huge difference is like don't make me come there and slap you with my tactical leather flip flop boy who you messing with i'm on my way to Torino in my sports camel as we speak, gonna have some important conversations with important people i'm stuck on the Greek-Bulgarian border for fuck sake don't ask my why I didn't go trough the Gibraltar you really want to know why the problem is I do not know how to swim my sports camel does it has the whole package it's top hi-tech hi-fi very expensive i'm very important Suarez will do really good here I think where the fuck is

giphy.gif

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
I'd have preferred us to go fo for an up and coming striker or at least a dependable one coming from Bundesliga or la Liga, there must have been one

I wouldn't see Bayern making a similar move if Lewa left
Timo Werner comes to mind, he just went to Chelsea for around €53m . Even forwards like Jimenez and Lacazette are valued around €40-50m . The market is completely nuts.

I dont really blame our management for going with Suarez for "free". its not an easy position to fill without spending a ton of money.

Not that crazy about us getting Suarez myself tbh, but given the circumstances its an understandable deal.

Hopefully he gets rejuvenated here , Tevez'ish

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Thats the job of the sporting director to figure out, which was once hailed for his scouting. There must have been one in world football.

Not young but I'd have preferred a dependable striker like Wout Weghorst if we wanted low cost

Still, its simply my preference

- - - Updated - - -

Werner is a good call, we should have been quicker

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
So I understand this and this is only based off what the media state...dzeko was the target as he is apparently the ideal partner for ronaldo in which they were willing to change dybalas position again to cater for this.

Is suarez the same fit as dzeko in this case???

Suarez on his day is a superstar even at his age. But it really does contradict everything we have been doing so far...get rid of old deadweight on big contracts and bring in younger players.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Thats the job of the sporting director to figure out, which was once hailed for his scouting. There must have been one in world football.

Not young but I'd have preferred a dependable striker like Wout Weghorst if we wanted low cost

- - - Updated - - -

A tall bomber from Wolfsburg you say? @zizinho

GarfielD

May 21, 2009

- - - Updated - - -

Werner is earning 10 million per year at Chelsea and they paid 50m + a lot of bonuses for him. We dont have that much money. And if we do, we need to splash them for a midfielder (Aouar), not on a striker when we have CR7 and Dybala in our team.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Werner is earning 10 million per year at Chelsea and they paid 50m + a lot of bonuses for him. We dont have that much money. And if we do, we need to splash them for a midfielder (Aouar), not on a striker when we have CR7 and Dybala in our team.
Agreed

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
Thats the thing, we are dealing with limited resources.

Chelsea had the ban and have been waiting to shop for 2 years, offcourse they spend like madmen now. With that Russian oligarch and the Hazard money its not a problem for them.

But then again, Chelsea is an exception : most big clubs have been very quiet this market. At least so far.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Thats the thing, we are dealing with limited resources.

Chelsea had the ban and have been waiting to shop for 2 years, offcourse they spend like madmen now. With that Russian oligarch and the Hazard money its not a problem for them.

But then again, Chelsea is an exception : a most big clubs have been very quiet this market, at least so far.
And that is why getting Suarez for free and giving him 10m/y a good deal. Dont know why people are complaining. If it is more than 2 years, I can see why someone would be upset, but I think it will be 2 years.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
I just hope he's compatible with ronaldo and dybala thats all
That's about it. Plus I see more talent than Dzeko. Also at 34 years old possibly this is the year old age finally hits the Roma player? And Luis appeared to have no problem knowing Barca was Messi's team. New start with CR7 hopefully will be enough motivation to do his best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)