Luis Suárez - ST - Barcelona (122 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
And that is why getting Suarez for free and giving him 10m/y a good deal. Dont know why people are complaining. If it is more than 2 years, I can see why someone would be upset, but I think it will be 2 years.
Because he is old, has a shit workrate and is representing everything Pirlo was supposed to go against (new start, revolution, younger players etc).

But hey, sometimes you have to compromize to get from A to B.

And again, i dont blame them for getting Suarez given the situation. It makes sense actually. Guy is a proven, WC player and coming on a free transfer.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
That's about it. Plus I see more talent than Dzeko. Also at 34 years old possibly this is the year old age finally hits the Roma player? And Luis appeared to have no problem knowing Barca was Messi's team. New start with CR7 hopefully will be enough motivation to do his best.
What I do hope is that Suarez plays a similar role in servicing Ronaldo and Dybala as he did for Messi.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats the thing, we are dealing with limited resources.

Chelsea had the ban and have been waiting to shop for 2 years, offcourse they spend like madmen now. With that Russian oligarch and the Hazard money its not a problem for them.

But then again, Chelsea is an exception : most big clubs have been very quiet this market. At least so far.
I do wonder what real madrid fans are thinking so far. Quiet summer? then again reading elsewhere they've been hit hard financially, spent money renovating the stadium not realising the pandemic would hit them

- - - Updated - - -

Because he is old, has a shit workrate and is representing everything Pirlo was supposed to go against (new start, revolution, younger players etc).

But hey, sometimes you have to compromize to get from A to B.

And again, i dont blame them for getting Suarez given the situation. It makes sense actually. Guy is a proven, WC player and coming on a free transfer.
The same people moaning about Suarez because of his age/wage/injuries probably suggested bringing either one of Vidal, Mandzukic and/or keeping Higuain which I find completely baffling

Last edited:

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
I do wonder what real madrid fans are thinking so far. Quiet summer? then again reading elsewhere they've been hit hard financially, spent money renovating the stadium not realising the pandemic would hit them
They got Ødegaard back. Huge talent. Im Sure they will be fine. Real allways finds a way. Hazard and Co needs to step up tho.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
They got Ødegaard back. Huge talent. Im Sure they will be fine. Real allways finds a way. Hazard and Co needs to step up tho.
You think so? They're massively gonna struggle replacing Benzema/Ramos/Modric/Kroos/Marcelo in the next year or so.
Hazard is pushing 30 too, and Casemiro will be 29 soon. With La Liga losing its charm, I'm not sure if they are top dogs anymore.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
If you go to Barca forum, you can see like Higuain thread here with complaints about his toxic attitude or his lazyness to press the opponent when without the ball. They also said he's fat.

I still dont see the reason replacing Higuain with him. And with the rumoured net wage 11m. more than Higuain

And for injury history, Higuain seems healthier

Last edited:

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
I really don't want him, but it's because I'm not into any old attacker bar CR7 now that we are in the rejuvenetion era... Now comparing with Dzeko, it makes sense go for Suarez

I want Paulo-CR7 as our starter attacker all SEASON long, however I hardly doubt Suarez is going to come here to be a bench option so I'm afraid Paulo is going to be far from the box AGAIN (AM or winger).

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Juventus have reached an agreement with Suarez on a salary worth €10m/yr. @Gazzetta_it
Ah shid. Another sauce. This isn't good.

Suarez/Dzeko at reasonable salary and two yr contract is completely fine, decent even, but 10m for a backup, making him second biggest earner in squad is madness.

And if he isn't being signed as a backup, that's even worse.

Hoping for diff numbers tomorrow.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Its a gamble, but one worth taking, we could go out for some random kid but it's not how we roll. Were doing the marketing, we want the CL or a good 'bite" at it and it looks like we got the right man. I like Suarez as a player, granted he's declined and granted he's a cunt but I have a soft spot for uruguyans and their knack of doing whatever it takes. Maybe in this day and age it's a lot harder to do that with VAR but he needs a fresh start and so does Higgy. Suarez is coming from a toxic environment where everyone is a failure. Suarez carries his weight but I for one won't fall for half of the comments. Ronaldo needs a better player to hold up the ball, not assist nor pass but just someone to cause some trouble in the box. And while we can't provide him a benzema suarez isn't a bad alternative. Suarez knows how to play with big players, and a big name all be it an old one will hopefully strike some fear and provide nuisance to our opponents. He's a serial winner and atleast not a final choker. Additionally, he's also a lot more unpredictable with the ball, when teams park the bus he's good at scoring from far and not bad in the air. Dzeko, has good qualities too but, for me suarez is one of a kind and in Europe we will need that. I also think CR7 will keep this guy motivated something Messi struggles to do when shit hits the fan.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Serious question , who'd you choose according to current rumors, Dzeko at 7-8m + 10m transfer fee or Suarez at about 10-11m with no transfer fee included?

Also, IMO, our wage structure has been as random as it gets, based on high paid market opportunities and shady renewals for a few good years already, add then how much CR7 earns and there's no way Dybala is not already demanding over 10-12m tbh.
Ideally, neither. It's like asking me to choose between swimming in puke, or wading through a steaming pile of piping hot shit. However, it depends on the length of the contract; whoever is willing to come in on a 2 year deal would be my pick. If either of them wants a 3 year contract, we can kindly ask them to go fuck themselves.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Ideally, neither. It's like asking me to choose between swimming in puke, or wading through a steaming pile of piping hot shit. However, it depends on the length of the contract; whoever is willing to come in on a 2 year deal would be my pick. If either of them wants a 3 year contract, we can kindly ask them to go fuck themselves.
No matter who arrives, we're going to add a fossil to our collection.
These players belong in a museum, not in a football club like Juve.

Jul 13, 2010
Dzeko had 19 goals, 14 assists from. Suarez had 21 goals and 12 assists.
I'd say that's pretty even stats wise. But just from looking at them play, Dzeko contributed more to the overall game than Suarez did.
Dzeko (league+uefa) 3570min 19 goals 8 assist
Suarez (league+uefa) 2570min 23 goals 10 assists

Am I missing something? Looks like Suarez achieved better numbers in much less minutes

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Dzeko (league+uefa) 3570min 19 goals 8 assist
Suarez (league+uefa) 2570min 23 goals 10 assists

Am I missing something? Looks like Suarez achieved better numbers in much less minutes
Where did you get those numbers from?
https://www.transfermarkt.us/edin-dzeko/detaillierteleistungsdaten/spieler/28396
Dzeko has 14 assists in all competitions according to transfermarkt.
Also, Suarez has 21 goals, not 23.
Imo Dzeko is much better at playmaking than Suarez. (Suarez has Messi to stat pad his assist number).

Juventino2019

May 1, 2019
So to prove your point you took comments from a game they lost back in September 2019?
Did you see the comments when we lose a game?
2/3 of our team are not worth our jersey including cr7 .

As for Suarez , if his contract is 2 years max ,then that's ok.
Also it probably means that higuain is on his way out which is a plus.
No, the comments are taken from September 2019, December 2019 and July 2020. Here are comments from November 2019 for you

20200902_081006.jpg

June 2020

20200902_081428.jpg

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
No, the comments are taken from September 2019, December 2019 and July 2020. Here are comments from November 2019 for you

20200902_081006.jpg

June 2020

20200902_081428.jpg
Now please show me the comments when he scored and assisted.
Was he finished then?

In our case getting suarez for 15/year for 2 year would mean 30 mill. in gross wages.

Getting dzeko would mean 28 for 2 years gross wages + 12 to 15 millon transfer fee 40 to 42 mill total operation.

We save from 10 to 15 millon on the deal .

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2010
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 115)