Luis Suárez - ST - Barcelona (4 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I see we're already looking to create our next "Higuain" situation before we've even ended the current one. Very impressive by the board.
how is it anything like the Higuain situation? There’s probably not going to be a transfer fee and it’ll be a short term deal. It’s closer to the Pirlo situation when he came to Juve than anything.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Me, you and zizinho were biggest Dzeko fans back then I remember that. Him, Joaquin and Aguero were my favorite non-Juve players. Ideally I don't want either of them, but I'd still chose Suarez instead of Dzeko these days, because he is the better player.
If Suarez is cheaper, I agree. Go with Luis. :tup:

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Next year we'll be trying to offload him. Good luck finding anyone who covers his wages.
That's not entirely a given. I don't understand the fuss about this.

Among all the possible options, we are talking about the most viable option both on a financial and sporting perspective.

Dzeko with significant wages + a hefty transfer fee, Suarez with significant wages but no transfer fee on a 2 year deal or a Milik with busted knees on a long term contract + a significant transfer fee. Lets not even get into the debate of guys like Jiminez or Zapata who'll cost a premium.

Taking all of this into consideration, Suarez seems to be the ideal option especially if he's coming on a 2 year deal and still motivated to play at the highest level.

If your suggestions are guys like Kean, I would say gtfo because he's clearly not good enough to step in for Dybala or Ronaldo.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He was a top striker in his prime. I don't watch Barfa now so no idea how good he really is. He's a cunt though, and also a winner.

What I'm most concerned about is how we are talking about chasing and winning the ball back quickly - Ronaldo does not do that. Suarez used to be brilliant at that but at 33 maybe someone can advise if he can still do that or not? Dybala also doesn't really have the physique and athleticism to chase down defenders.

If he is only good for 2/3 of games that is enough, he's taking Higuain's role. There is obviously no sell-on option for this guy so give him a 1+1 deal with easy obligations.

It seems clear that we are bridging the gap between spending big again up front. Some seem certain that we will try for Haaland next summer but if it's not him I'm pretty sure it will be a high-profile alternative.

Jun 16, 2020
That's not entirely a given. I don't understand the fuss about this.

Among all the possible options, we are talking about the most viable option both on a financial and sporting perspective.

Dzeko with significant wages + a hefty transfer fee, Suarez with significant wages but no transfer fee on a 2 year deal or a Milik with busted knees on a long term contract + a significant transfer fee. Lets not even get into the debate of guys like Jiminez or Zapata who'll cost a premium.

Taking all of this into consideration, Suarez seems to be the ideal option especially if he's coming on a 2 year deal and still motivated to play at the highest level.

If your suggestions are guys like Kean, I would say gtfo because he's clearly not good enough to step in for Dybala or Ronaldo.
It’s in general very underwhelming that names that we see for the attack. I was hoping to see something more creative, it are all obvious names.

And it’s very understandable that people are complaining about resale value as we are stuck in a situation where we are having troubles offloading all those players on high wages.

Even Suarez on a 10m net (~14m gross) costs about 30m in 2 years and we don’t know yet if he’d accept a 2 year contract, if there are signing fees etc. And yeah prime Suarez was a really prolific striker, but let’s not forget he’s in the same situation as Higuain at us; he’s getting kicked out. His book value would be less but I’m not sure if he’d add a lot of quality, and im quite sure that we’re getting him for the starting line-up. Where was Suarez in all the Barca fiascos? Maybe he regains some old form as he’s at a new club, new motivation etc but somewhere I also doubt that he’s the perfect fit between CR7 and Dybala. I think that Ibra, Cavani and Dzeko are tactically more usable between them.

I was also hoping to lower the wages as it was really annoying me but we definitely won’t do that with Suarez.

If we get him I want a young striker (Kean?) to be used as rotational player for Suarez. I could live with that, having a experienced striker and a very young one, but in general I don’t like that we’re aiming for those old players.

I you see that Tonali and Scamacca were available on loan deals im disappointed that we missed out on such players.

And okay, if this is the key to save some denaro for Aouar I understand the choice, but for now it still feels underwhelming.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Suarez is a player who has relied on explosiveness, if we are going for an ageing striker I'd far prefer one whose game won't be as badly impacted by a loss in pace e.g. Dzeko.

Plus I think Dzeko gives us something very different from Dybala and Ronaldo, which is a useful option to have.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Suarez is a player who has relied on explosiveness, if we are going for an ageing striker I'd far prefer one whose game won't be as badly impacted by a loss in pace e.g. Dzeko.

Plus I think Dzeko gives us something very different from Dybala and Ronaldo, which is a useful option to have.
Agree but only if Dzeko dint come with a hefty transfer fee.
Let's wait and see anyway. I'm okay with both but hope the numbers end up being more appealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)